By djknightfal

6 months ago

Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by djknightfal
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0070 (resized).JPG

#1 6 months ago

Being a new guy here, I have been working on and off on this machine since I picked it up couple years ago. This year want to finish it but need to get some electrical problems fixed before rebuilding cabinet.

On the mystic lanes stepper unit the inside wires had been disconnected (pulled, cut, unknown) but just know its not connected lol. Anyone have a unit that has 6 wires coming from the slinky wire guide (Red, Brown, Yellow, Green, Black and white) and can give me a picture or a lot of help on where they are suppose to attach? Was going to rob a unit out of a lido machine but too many differences in that mystic lanes stepper and this one. Any help would be appreciated!

#2 6 months ago

Lido and Bahama Beach have different features - the magic screen feature unit and the mystic lines feature units are quite different (as you say).

Bahama Beach has the unit documented in the manual. Page 10 shows the rivet side of the unit, but it also shows the index position of the spider that sits on the rivets.

Each spider finger has a particular letter associated with it. 'A' for example, is at the 12 o'clock position, and it is wire color 30.

Hope that helps!

#3 6 months ago

Thank you for your quick reply Bingopodcast!

This is what I am looking at here, and apologize for my ignorance, but the brown wire on the leaf is going to be C in the diagram in the schematic correct?

and C shows 3 Locations (Right hand side top (80-10), and the 10th tab on the right (18-12)

DSC_0070 (resized).JPG

#4 6 months ago

oh, well, it would probably help if I told you the whole story...

all of the wipers marked with arrows should have continuity. A quick way to check if you have it on correctly is to put your meter on continuity and put one probe on the solder point, and the other on the wiper in question. If the meter beeps, you're good to go!

Be very careful when reassembling, as the wires can be pulled and snap off or worse, shear off the solder point. Just an extra word of caution, in case you need it.

#5 6 months ago

Thanks for your help Bingopodcast, Through staring at the schematic and re-reading your post it finally donned on me on where the wires was suppose to go lol I was following the location of where each button went rather than where the feed wires was suppose to attach. Re ran a continuity test on the top (6) tabs and got continuity. Only thing left to do is to finish with some cleaning, and soldering, and do a dry run to make sure nothing explodes or catches fire lol

Will report back as soon as possible to see how the score unit works out (Monday or Tuesday the latest).

Then start work on rebuilding cabinet score box due to excessive deterioration, and neglect.
    Again thanks for your help on this ! :))

2 weeks later
    #6 5 months ago

No blown Fuses, and no fires! So off to a good start for now lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.00
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 143.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pin Bright
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 170.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 39.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside