This one has me stumped to no end. I've been chasing this all week.
This is a decent condition Atlantis I just acquired and have gone through from top to bottom. There were many common issues I encountered going though it. All the score reels needed some attention. The credit unit was maladjusted to institute free play, the ball in play unit would not advance reliably, etc. I even found a few more defects that needed fixing after I went through everything, each time thinking I may have found the issue.
Symptoms during 5 ball play.
1. Top center rollover will score 3000 and an advance when not lit. It isn't constant. Sometimes it will score only 500 like it is supposed to.
2, Left and right top rollover lanes score correctly when lit and when not lit.
3. Center stand up will score 3000 and an advance when not lit some times. This only happens when one is turned on and the lit target is rotating between the three targets.
4. Center stand up scores fine when none of the stand ups are lit for 3000 and advance.
Symptoms during 3 ball play.
1. Center lane scores only 500 whether lit or unlit.
2. Top and center stand up score 3000 and advance when not lit when standups are lit.
3. Stand up targets all score 500 correctly when none are lit for 3000 and advance.
Diagnostics I've been through.
1. Swapped working head from my keeper Atlantis and the problem stays with the new game.
2. Swapped working playfield from my keeper Atlantis and the problem stays with the new game.
I'm leaning towards testing the main relayboard of my keeper Atlantis in this new atlantis to see if any of the defects stay with the new head and playfield.
Next, assuming I can isolate the defects to the main relay board, is to put the two main relay boards together on a table and compare, wire by wire, any differences between them. It really feels like I may have stumbled on a game that came from the factory with defects, maybe a wire or two on the wrong tabs.
Here are a couple of shots of relevant parts of the schematics. The E relay is the 3000 and Advance score relay. The P relay is what lights and unlights the stand up targets.
Thanks for any advice.