Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190904-083300_Chrome (resized).jpg
B5C69F0D-E712-4906-9739-AA41EEBFCD00 (resized).jpeg
2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

So when I launch a ball in High Speed, 99 times out of 100, it hits the right side of the ramp and won't go up. I've read a few threads about adjusting the launcher (Three screws on the back of it.) It's definitely off a bit and not hitting the ball dead center. No matter how I adjust those, it doesn't move. The front of the launcher screws on to the back with a plate. I could put a washer or two on the front of the launcher, but you'll then have a gap between it and the front of the machine. Putting washers on the inside won't help because of how it mounts to the plate.

Then I found that there's two screws under the don't drink and drive plastic. I messed with that, but I don't see how to adjust it. There's a slot for one screw (Seemingly to adjust it), but not the other. Do I need to remove and open up the other hole so it's slightly slotted?

And the few times it does hit the ramp, the clear plastic over top of the ramp must have deformed over time and has dropped in to the ramp. So most times, the ball jams in between the plastic cover and the ramp - stops and comes back down. Thinking I need to heat that slightly and try to bend it back out.

Doesn't seem like the ramp itself can be adjusted? So the launcher and the release ramp is where I need to be I assume.

Here's a video in slow-mo showing the miss (And how far off it is!)

Here's a picture detailing what I'm seeing on the launch ramp. See the two screws in red. Left screw is slotted, right screw is not - so that's useless. I did loosen both and tried to move the ramp left as much as possible, but no difference.
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

And the launcher. Hitting off to the left.
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

This is where mine is sitting and goes up ramp most of the time. Shooter is not touching the ball though at rest which I was not aware of. Doesn’t look like ramp entrance can be adjusted . Are you running a red spring? Did you see if metal lane next to don’t drink and dive possibly bent and sending ball to right if ramp?

B5C69F0D-E712-4906-9739-AA41EEBFCD00 (resized).jpegB5C69F0D-E712-4906-9739-AA41EEBFCD00 (resized).jpeg
#3 4 years ago

I'll see if the launch ramp metal is bent. What's a red spring?! I don't believe I have that (Certainly not if it's truly red!)

#4 4 years ago

Your in the right area under the Don't drink and Drive plastic. Slight adjustments to the metal guide should be what you need. Loosen the screws push it down a bit and hold it while tightening again. See what it does.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Your in the right area under the Don't drink and Drive plastic. Slight adjustments to the metal guide should be what you need. Loosen the screws push it down a bit and hold it while tightening again. See what it does.

Yeh, I've tried that. Moved it as much as that non-slotted screw would allow. No change.

#6 4 years ago

Buy the Pinball Life Red Shooter Rod Spring. It's got more power. Took me 2 years to figure this out.

Screenshot_20190904-083300_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190904-083300_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7 4 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

Buy the Pinball Life Red Shooter Rod Spring. It's got more power. Took me 2 years to figure this out.

Thanks for the info. Sucks. I hate buying something for $.75 to spend $5 in shipping.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from PatD:

Thanks for the info. Sucks. I hate buying something for $.75 to spend $5 in shipping.

Take a second to think about it, there is usually another part, rubber, bulbs or maybe some novus that you will need soon. Place an order with enough items to justify the shipping...
HS is such a great game, Im on my 3rd one and dont see me selling it any time soon.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from PatD:

Moved it as much as that non-slotted screw would allow.

Just for a test, have you tried removing the non-slotted screw so you can move the guide further? If adjusting the guide that way gets the results you want, you could fill in the non-slotted screw's original hole and drill a new one for it.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Take a second to think about it, there is usually another part, rubber, bulbs or maybe some novus that you will need soon. Place an order with enough items to justify the shipping...
HS is such a great game, Im on my 3rd one and dont see me selling it any time soon.

Agreed. Just seems I never know what I'm going to need next!

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Just for a test, have you tried removing the non-slotted screw so you can move the guide further? If adjusting the guide that way gets the results you want, you could fill in the non-slotted screw's original hole and drill a new one for it.

Yes, going to try that next. Thanks for the suggestion!

#12 4 years ago

I had this issue with a Pinbot and tried shimming the shooter housing with no luck. What fixed it was checking the level of the cabinet at the bottom of the front and back. Turns out they weren't level, which twisted the cabinet and caused the shooter to be off center. Also, the playfield lifts much more smoothly after leveling the cabinet this way. This is now standard procedure before I level the playfield, hope it helps.

#13 4 years ago

I pulled the one screw and just left the screw that was on the slot. Moved that over a bit and hits the ramp every time. Now I need to try and gently heat the clear cover on the ramp because it's hitting the ball and slowing it down or stopping it all together. I'll fill in the single hole and redrill. Thanks all.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I had this issue with a Pinbot and tried shimming the shooter housing with no luck. What fixed it was checking the level of the cabinet at the bottom of the front and back. Turns out they weren't level, which twisted the cabinet and caused the shooter to be off center. Also, the playfield lifts much more smoothly after leveling the cabinet this way. This is now standard procedure before I level the playfield, hope it helps.

I leveled my machine on the playfield. Are you saying you check level at the bottom of the cabinet and use that to determine where you set the legs? And is there a separate level adjustment for the playfield itself?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from PatD:

I leveled my machine on the playfield. Are you saying you check level at the bottom of the cabinet and use that to determine where you set the legs? And is there a separate level adjustment for the playfield itself?

Yes, use the bottom of the front and back panels of the cabinet to set your left/right level, double check it on the playfield in a couple places and adjust accordingly using both side legs evenly, then set your preferred playfield tilt angle using both front/back legs evenly. It is possible for the playfield to be level while the cabinet is all 'cattiwhompus'.

#16 4 years ago

Ah, gotcha. I'll double-check my level. I used the playfield exclusively for level. Play seems really good, but who knows.

#17 4 years ago

I second the Red Spring idea. Once I put one of those on, made all the difference in the world.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

I second the Red Spring idea. Once I put one of those on, made all the difference in the world.

Done. Found something else I needed, so justified the shipping cost. Still need to work on the warped plastic over the ramp first though. No matter how much power behind the ball, that'll be an issue!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-adjusting-high-speed-to-hit-ramp-upon-launch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.