You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
6C459E1D-7558-4479-B8DF-AEEDAE6BAEA9 (resized).jpeg
201A4B78-B338-433C-9CC2-1822B0BB994D (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

I have a vacation America and the power supply mini board has fuses on it. Having a problem understanding if I need to use all slo blo fuses on the 4 fuses on power supply or use fast flow.

The book says only use a slow blow for the upper on off switch fuse, DONE .

The books says only replace the others fuses by properly rated fuses. But book did not say use “ SLO BLO” or NOT ?
My question is do I use slo blo and follow the rates on other fuses. Or just use basic fuse.

201A4B78-B338-433C-9CC2-1822B0BB994D (resized).jpeg201A4B78-B338-433C-9CC2-1822B0BB994D (resized).jpeg6C459E1D-7558-4479-B8DF-AEEDAE6BAEA9 (resized).jpeg6C459E1D-7558-4479-B8DF-AEEDAE6BAEA9 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

Not sure on vacation America but typically a manual will specify slow blow , if not specified it is a fast blow . Always replace with proper amperage.

#3 3 years ago

I looked at the schematic and it’s not noted on there either. I’d be comfortable using a correctly rated fast blo and asking CGC if the slo-blo mentioned in the note is the only one since the schematic makes no mention of it.
LTG probably knows.

#4 3 years ago

I would say they are slo blo. Fast fuses are very seldom used in pinballs.

Lamps take a power surge when turned on cold, so a fast fuse may blow too easily. Solenoids use way more current than fuse rating, but since they only pull in momentarily, slo blo fuse stays intact but will blow in a few seconds if coil locks on.

#5 3 years ago

Assume fast blo if the manual does not state slo-blo. R3 and R10 are discolored, which means they have been taking on some extra current that they should not be.

What is the issue you are having with the game?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-about-fuse-questions- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.