New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 271013)

Need help 8ball

By jrp758

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

eight ball bally (resized).jpg
3711E3E6-AD97-4B7B-815C-77193D12FC18 (resized).jpeg

#1 4 months ago

Any chance someone can tell me the color wiring pattern. Bottom connector on the j5 connector on the solenoid driver or the p5 on the new master solenoid board. I got them all firing now but in the incorrect order. I think that is where the issue lies now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is for Bally 8 ball

3711E3E6-AD97-4B7B-815C-77193D12FC18 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 months ago

From the schematic it looks to be the black/white is the left most pin (then go from there)

eight ball bally (resized).jpg

EDIT: looks like some colors may have changed you may have to go to the locations on your playfield to match the wire color to the termination point ( ie. "side return kicker" )

#3 4 months ago

is the j5 plug keyed? looks like it's backwards.

#4 4 months ago

Making progress. My struggle has always been the left side switch solenoid when it you lose the ball down the ramp when it hits the switch and fires.

The other one that is killing me is the ball return to the plunger solenoid when you lose the ball to shoot it back over to the plunger. I replaced the switch and the wire on the solenoid is brown and yellow. I test continuity. I cannot figure out where for the life of me where this goes. You guys have been fantastic on this board. I really appreciate the help.

#5 4 months ago

Keys are your friend. I like to mark them clearly with a sharpie.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 149.00
$ 159.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside