(Topic ID: 130729)

Need Genie help!

By NU2PinBall

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi all! I need help with my Genie. Several months ago, she played flawless. After some looking and investing, I left her in the corner and played with other machines that I had acquired. Feeling nostalgic, I went to play with the machine today. Lo and behold, she doesn't boot! When the switch is turned on, all the GI lights come on and the both the upper and lower left displays light all elements. The right displays are blank. The credit and and ball in play are only dimly lit. There is a hum from the speaker, so I presume that there is power to it. I checked the basics as far as as reseating the connectors, checking fuses and ground connections, etc. Where do I need to start looking as far as troubleshooting? Thanks for any direction!

#2 8 years ago

First check the +5vdc and -12vdc to the MPU with a volt meter.
The MPU won't boot without the correct voltages.
Are you using the original Gottlieb system 1 MPU power supply and driver board?.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-genie-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.