Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by iron00monkey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

underwater.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hi all,
I looked through the pinball database but can't find the game I am looking for. It's an EM from around 1970 - 75. On my way home from school (in Germany, about 1973-76) I came by a bar that had this machine right at the window. I usually stopped to watch people play, sometimes for hours which greatly upset my mom.
I don't remember the name of the pinball or the manufacturer, maybe somebody here does. It had 2 flippers at 3 inches, return lanes (so it wasn't one of the early EMs) and the bonus counter in the middle of the play field had a bunch of navy vessels with lights indicating the bonus next to it, similar to Gottlieb's 1974 "Far out" but with navy ships. Like a patrol boat for the lowest bonus working its way up to a battleship and finally an aircraft carrier. It was a 4 player game. I am pretty sure it also had a return gate for the ball to get launched, also similar to "Far Out". It had a non-symmetric layout with a bunch of consecutive lanes (3 or 4 maybe) running down on the right side that ended with a drain or the return gate in case it was open.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike

#3 4 years ago

Interesting. What kind of targets are those 3 metal "torpedo" targets? Some sort of vari-target?
underwater.jpg

#4 4 years ago

Messenger balls.

#5 4 years ago

Hybrid game with electronic sounds like a woosh of a torpedo taking off! Was ported to Virtual pinball years ago. I used to play that on my computer for hours. Would be neat to find one of those, but like many other foreign made pins, rarely made their way over here.

#6 4 years ago

This has to be it! I guess I was confusing the lanes with another game, its been about 40 years. Awesome, thanks much!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Messenger balls.

Makes sense now that I look closer...

#8 4 years ago

Funny you saw this game in Germany. I actually played this game on location in Austria back in 1979.
I have the remains of one that was abandoned at a pinball show many years ago. I know I don't have the backglass, but may still have the body and the mechanics from the head. I believe I tossed the head cabinet which was falling apart, and I think I either gave away or sold the plastics to someone years ago.

2 months later
#9 3 years ago

Remembered this thread.

There's one on ebay right now:
ebay.com link » Pinball Machine Underwater

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 2.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 142.11
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 234.99
$ 72.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 146.66
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside