• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Ashram56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerhillpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

I'm relatively sure your power supply is fine. I've got the same thing going on with my creature and periodically I need to make mechanical adjustments to either/both the VUK under the PF or the position of the wire form to get it to work again. I'd suggest using a phone to take a video of the issue in SLO-MO (on the iPhone anyway) which has a high frame rate (240 fps). This will allow you to see if the trajectory of the ball causes it to glance off the wire and "rattle" around in the form causing it to loose energy and fail to complete the launch. The wire form should obviously guide the ball around the curve gently changing it's direction.

That being said my wire form is also F'd up. It broke and was welded back together, poorly I might add. (Anyone have one for sale?) Something I'll have to deal with when I get to a complete tear down.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

pulling the ramp as low as I could (so the ball would be closer to the wire ramp when being ejected).

I'm not quite sure I understand the adjustment you made but if it improved then that's a start. I'd still suggest using the video footage to help with understanding the ball's behavior when in the wire form.

In my situation I had to adjust such that the ball contacted the outer "wall" of the wire form earlier in it's upward trajectory. Since it curls toward the top of the playfield I had to move it up toward the bumpers. The ball is now effectively traveling parallel to the wire and right next to it. Thus when the ball finally makes contact with the wire form it's change of direction is more gradual (like a loop shot) rather than banging into the corner. I.e. - It's angle of incidence is much greater.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.00
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 27.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerhillpins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-feedback-cftbl-ejector-issue-odd-70v-scope-curve?tu=bakerhillpins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.