4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I have a friend that's working on a ESCO Fastball from 1946 and the 1000 step up coil needs replacing. The old one says 22 on the wrapper but I can't make out anything else. Is there a replacement for this or is there something I can substitute? Anyone??

John

#2 4 years ago

Steve Young is a great source for older game parts. Are you on Facebook? There’s a group called Woodrail Pinball Machines em Arcade games. They can probably identify what you need

#3 4 years ago

I've not hit up Steve yet since he wont get the Email until the morning so I thought I'd ask here first.
    Thanks
    John

#4 4 years ago

Is the unit in question using two coils? A step up *and* a reset coil? Or just one coil, a Step Up coil? Does the coil have two terminals or three terminals?

I might have a cross reference to a modern coil if you can tell me those things.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Is the unit in question using two coils? A step up *and* a reset coil? Or just one coil, a Step Up coil? Does the coil have two terminals or three terminals?
    I might have a cross reference to a modern coil if you can tell me those things.

Yes it does have two coils with two terminals. Thanks for the help.

John

#6 4 years ago

Use a Gottlieb A-1496 with the same length sleeve as the ESCO coil.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

Use a Gottlieb A-1496 with the same length sleeve as the ESCO coil.

Ok Ken, thanks for the reply and I'll give it a shot.

John

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-exhibit-supply-coil-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.