Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4413 (resized).JPG
IMG_2569 (resized).PNG

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

Hello,

We recently sold a completely restored Gottlieb Diamond Jack Pinball to a customer in Parrish, FL.
Upon arrival he is having some issues with the game. This should hopefully be something very
easy for anyone experienced with working on electro-mechanical pinballs. Something must have
gotten jostled in shipping.

Anyhow. If you would be interested in helping our customer out we would be more than happy
to pay you for your time and effort.

Please contact me if you can assist us with making a happy customer.

Thanks,
Craig Hassell
FUN! Billiard & Gameroom Superstore
972-488-9622

#2 6 years ago

Hi Craig,

If you dont get a response, many of the EM guys in the area stay on the Village....perhaps a post there as well....

http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

1 week later
#3 6 years ago

Bump to the top.
Still in search of an EM Tech that can help us out.

This hopefully is a really easy issue for someone skilled with EM's. This game prior to us shipping came from a local
collector here in Dallas that really takes good care of his EM's. Something must have gotten jostled in shipping and
unfortunately the buyer is not skilled in electro-mechanical repair.

If anyone can help we would be happy to pay them for their time and effort.

Thanks,

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Bump to the top.
Still in search of an EM Tech that can help us out.
This hopefully is a really easy issue for someone skilled with EM's. This game prior to us shipping came from a local
collector here in Dallas that really takes good care of his EM's. Something must have gotten jostled in shipping and
unfortunately the buyer is not skilled in electro-mechanical repair.
If anyone can help we would be happy to pay them for their time and effort.
Thanks,

Craig,

Try [email protected]

Great tech on that side of the state. He's in the Ft. Myers area.

Paz

4 weeks later
#5 6 years ago

Anyone else know of a tech in the Ft. Meyers area of Florida that can do a hopefully pretty easy EM repair
and get our customer back up and running.

Spoke with Matt at Malone Pinball. Although I'm sure he can do it, however his repair rate came in rather high.
I'm willing to pay a fair reasonable about ...but I believe this quote was a bit much.

#6 6 years ago

Bump....still looking for a tech in the Sarasota, FL area that can assist.
Will pay fair price for repair.

#7 6 years ago

Anyone else know of a tech in the Ft. Meyers area of Florida that can do a hopefully pretty easy EM repair
and get our customer back up and running.
Spoke with Matt at Malone Pinball. Although I'm sure he can do it, however his repair rate came in rather high.
I'm willing to pay a fair reasonable about ...but I believe this quote was a bit much.

A bit much? Now that's funny, But your pinball machines are priced fair right? ebay.com link: fun

#8 6 years ago

Dude its been almost 7 weeks since they had problems. Pay the tech what he needs. Sheesh.

I know there's a pinball retailer in the Bradenton area that should have a tech. Gameroom Superstores, I'm sure they wont be a bargain though.

#9 6 years ago

Was quoted $500 from one guy as he said he had to drive 1.5 hours each way. He gave the vibe he really didn't want to do it based off the distance he would have to drive north and dealing with Hurricane damage issues. Not sure if he meant his damage personally or his line of real full time work is keeping him busy. Don't get me wrong we're willing to pay a "fair" amount but you have to admit that's kinda high and if I could find someone closer, willing and a bit more affordable you would do the same too.

#10 6 years ago

What do you think the issue is?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

What do you think the issue is?

I'm pleased to say that NicoVolta works for FUN! now as one of our technicians, his skill set can't be beat.

Nic has talked at great length with customer and to my understanding the game sometimes goes into Game Over in the middle of a game and it frequently will just start adding up points at the start of a game. This to me sounds like a stuck playfield switch. However they've hit a road block as Nic can't see the game from Texas and the customer is not skilled enough to understand where to look and what to do.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

A bit much? Now that's funny, But your pinball machines are priced fair right? ebay.com link

My roots are as a collector. I've been collecting, refurbishing pinballs for myself and others since I was 23 and now 44. FUN! Is a retail gameroom brick and mortar store with 9 employees and it takes selling games to keep the lights on and puts bread on our tables. There always seems to be this disconnect between collector and retail pricing. In any hobby there is different pricing between collector and retailer. Imagine if we all had as a hobby a salt water aquarium. Sure as hobbyists we could probably find good deals on fish, invertebrates, tanks and equipment as we knew when and where to look. However in the same regard does the Aquarium service companies break even for their services to Doctors office, etc maintaining, selling equipment and marine life sales? We are the same way but with coin op game sales. We've made lots of deals with the local pinball community buying and selling games and we help support the Texas Pinball Festival each year with helping them acquire new Stern Pinball's for their event. However many of our clients are non pinball people who don't want to work on their games. They just want a nice fully working pinball that comes with an extended warranty and the confidence to know should there be a problem we can help them.

#13 6 years ago

Im not sure when Ill get back to Sarasota....it could be a couple weeks or longer as I wrestle with Hurricane damage.
If nothing happens for you to solve, Ill reach out to you, and see if I can stop in.
Cant say my skills are strong enough, but does sound like a switch.

#14 6 years ago

Many of our clients are non-pinball people who don't want to work on their games. They just want a nice fully working pinball that comes with an extended warranty and the confidence to know should there be a problem we can help them.

Hopefully you sold the game, "As-Is" to this customer. Having him wait 7 weeks for warranty work because you don't like the profit loss is just flat out unacceptable! In the future, you "Brick-and-mortar" guys might want to have a "Game Plan" when you sell outside your "Warranty Area." A warranty is the only advantage a brick-and-mortar guy has over the normal collector when selling, (only because he's got a lackey around to handle it).

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

Hopefully you sold the game, "As-Is" to this customer. Having him wait 7 weeks for warranty work because you don't like the profit loss is just flat out unacceptable! In the future, you "Brick-and-mortar" guys might want to have a "Game Plan" when you sell outside your "Warranty Area." A warranty is the only advantage a brick-and-mortar guy has over the normal collector when selling, (only because he's got a lackey around to handle it).

Customer is happy we have sourced someone to repair it.
If you read in my follow up above the one lead I had wasn't very motivated to go fix it and was going to spend 3 hours drive time. I think quoting me $500 was his way of pricing himself out of the repair. We've paid more before for repairs and I'm not opposed to paying a fair amount. I didn't get a warm fuzzy from him wanting to do it either.

Bottom line we have sourced a tech in the area. Customer is getting taken care of.

#16 6 years ago

$500 is not outrageous for a brick-and-mortar responsible for product warranty since 1) you don't know what is wrong with the product to know what a fair amount will be, 2) you, (and others), have paid more for repairs before, and 3) you clearly separated yourself as someone entitled to a different range in pricing.

The bottom line is the customer is happy. It is not that you're happy the customer is receiving his service. 7 weeks is a long time to wait on a newly purchased product that is unusable. I can appreciate your concern with a source lacking motivation, but as a retailer, any customer dissatisfaction needs to be avoided. I'm sure this guy wasn't too happy with his wait.

1 month later
#17 6 years ago

Bump....still looking for a tech in the Sarasota, FL area that can assist.
Will pay fair price for repair.

I see james (jim) billow left a comment on your facebook review about not getting paid from fun! For a repair he did. A lot of people in the Des Moines metro area know him to be a good honest guy. Have you paid him yet, or should I call him and see?

IMG_2569 (resized).PNGIMG_2569 (resized).PNG

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from allpinball:

I see james (jim) billow left a comment on your facebook review about not getting paid from fun! For a repair he did. A lot of people in the Des Moines metro area know him to be a good honest guy. Have you paid him yet, or should I call him and see?

That post is over 2 years old....So Fun! drug their feet on refunding you and that was wrong, but I fail to see what this post has to do with you.

4 weeks later
#19 6 years ago

Well folks... doing business isn't always a cakewalk in life and sometimes things don't go as planned. Oftentimes there's more to the story than meets the eye. But in this case Fun made it possible for me to make the 2,500 mile 36-hour roundtrip to personally assist the customer as the main destination along one of my cross-country treks.

I spent about nine frenetic hours giving Diamond Jack the bulletproofing treatment and proactively servicing any potential issues. We spent the day chatting about pinball, Golden Tee tourneys, drinking beer, and wrassling with the pups. At day's end... DJ was playing well and the customer was extremely happy. I think that's the "main thing" to take away here.

EM techs who take pride in their work are not easy to find nowadays. I'm hoping to change that by creating more of "us" so that we can make more memories like this...

IMG_4413 (resized).JPGIMG_4413 (resized).JPG

It may have been a long wait, but all's well that ends well.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I spent about nine frenetic hours giving Diamond Jack the bulletproofing treatment and proactively servicing any potential issues.

For 9 hours work I hope you got more than the $500 that hassellcastle objected to above.

And 3 months to get it working earns hassellcastle his name.

#21 6 years ago

There are people on here that love to find faults with us, sidewalk supervise in an effort to make themselves sound superior
at how to run a business. But really, until you are faced with a situation out of state...with no valid local repair person.
What are you going to do?
Did the repair happen overnight. No. I've reached out to several leads for techs that either didn't return phone calls, made
promises to reach out to our customer and flaked....or made a high offer to repair as he really didn't have time or want to do it ($500 guy)

Truly how many in here would have been willing to travel cross country to actually get a machine
fixed for a customer they sold a game too?

NicoVolta is employed by us and we put the plan in motion to get him to make
a business trip out of taking care of the customer. Was it necessary to spend 9 hours on the game to get it to function....probably not. But
we wanted him to go the extra mile on the game and fine tune, clean, adjust and give this game the full Nico treatment
so that this game is rock solid reliable like only he can do.

Bottom line. We made our customer happy.
And that is what matters.

#22 6 years ago

There are people on here that love to find faults with us, sidewalk supervise in an effort to make themselves sound superior at how to run a business. But really, until you are faced with a situation out of state...with no valid local repair person. What are you going to do?

You refrain from making warranted sales to destinations you're not equipped to service. Sad that you put yourself in such an embarrassing situation before thinking of this professional, yet simple and logical approach.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

You refrain from making warranted sales to destinations you're not equipped to service. Sad that you put yourself in such an embarrassing situation before thinking of this professional, yet simple and logical approach.

They did the best they could being 2500 miles away and made consistent efforts chasing leads and searching to get the issue repaired and in the end we're able to get him reliable and thorough help. The customer is happy. Get off his dick.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Boatcat:

Yes.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-em-tech-in-sarasota-fl?hl=ryansherwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.