Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by way2wyrd
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I am revisiting a problem from a year ago that I gave up on. The machine is a '69 Gottlieb Target Pool. Everything works as it should with the exception of the replay unit. The machine powers up just fine but when I hit the replay button to start a game, instead of deducting one credit, one credit is actually added. This eventually results in max credits showing.

I enjoy the game as it is but it's just not right and I'd like to fix it. I never get to hear the knocker when I win a game because it's always maxed out.

I have the schematic and have spent hours going over it and tracing every wire in it's circuit. This machine appears to be unmolested and I can't see any hint of any kind of modification done to the wiring. I'm not sure if this applies to my problem but the coin lockout coil has been removed. I'm not even sure what it does or if I need it. I'd like to make my machine coin operated for nostalgia and hoping I can do it without that coil. First I need to figure out why I'm adding games instead of deducting when I hit the replay button.

If anyone as any ideas on this, I'd sure like to put it to rest.

I'm also not clear on how to set the pins on the Jones plug for high score to earn a credit.

Thanks for any help!

#2 12 years ago

Are the coils flipped? Does putting a coin in does it deduct a credit? That should be a step up / step down unit. I would suspect someone tried to make it freeplay and messed something up

#3 12 years ago

I don't believe the coils are flipped. I never really tried triggering the coin mech before. Didn't need to, it was always maxed out.

Upon triggering the coin mech it added one credit and immediately launched a ball into the shooter lane to start the game. I'm not sure but this doesn't sound right. It seems you would drop a quarter and then hit the replay button. This is my first EM so I'm just assuming.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

#4 12 years ago

temporary disconnect the wire going to the 'step up' coil on the credit unit and as you play the game see if it subtracts credits?

I remember someone was working on a Mini pool not too long ago wonder if he is still around?

#5 12 years ago

remember some of the older games START with the coin drop rather then a coin to add a credit then start with the replay button. what does the coin door look like?

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

temporary disconnect the wire going to the 'step up' coil on the credit unit and as you play the game see if it subtracts credits?

I remember someone was working on a Mini pool not too long ago wonder if he is still around?

That was me. I gave up on the problem. Turned it into cash.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-em-tech-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.