Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    IMG_6380.JPG
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago

I've heard the boys favor aliens and BBB.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from BrideofPinhead:

Thinking about nut drivers. Do I just to get the 1/4 and 5/16 or should I get the full set?

I purchased this about a year ago as I was starting out in the hobby and it has been pretty much all I've needed for the basic work I can do up to now -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000936QV0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I just ordered these as well as I could have used them a number of times recently -

http://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-610M-Magnetic-Driver/dp/B00093DZO6/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_text_y

#53 9 years ago

Sound upgrades are great gifts
    Www.pinballpro.com
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I have this exact level. It's one of the most useful tools I've ever purchased.

Great level. I got fed up trying to level my pins accurately with bubbles and phone apps. I purchased mine from a Sears store for about $28

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I have this exact level. It's one of the most useful tools I've ever purchased.

I have that as well. I would recommend that for a gift that is universally required in this hobby.

Brideofpinhead - awesome name by the way.

#56 9 years ago

BrideofPinhead, I'm sure he would really enjoy a ColorDMD in Fishtales.
    15-20 minute install.
    http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-fish-tales-pinball-machine

#57 9 years ago

I'd have said audio upgrades too, like woofer replacements with more efficient (louder!)
    MCM paper cone treated cloth surround are IMHO the best bang for the buck I've found yet.
    MCMelectronics.com is the site.

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from sckurk:

I purchased this about a year ago as I was starting out in the hobby and it has been pretty much all I've needed for the basic work I can do up to now -
    amazon.com link »
    I just ordered these as well as I could have used them a number of times recently -
    amazon.com link »

Yep, these are the same ones I linked to. Stubby hollow + long magnetic 1/4 and 5/16 do most of the work in my basement.

#59 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Does anybody have those Pinball Skates? Do they really work, look pretty flimsy in pics

I have pinball skates. They rock.

#60 9 years ago

I bought the set but only ever use 4 of the 6. The 1/4 and 5/16 are used the most followed by the next size up.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I bought the set but only ever use 4 of the 6. The 1/4 and 5/16 are used the most followed by the next size up.

I have a full set. Some of the magnet cores have come out. I've heard of this happening with others as well. Wonder if there is a permanent fix for this.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from DocRotCod:

I have a full set. Some of the magnet cores have come out. I've heard of this happening with others as well. Wonder if there is a permanent fix for this.

Good epoxy

#63 9 years ago

If your buying nut drivers make sure you get magnetic ones
    and a small little magnetic tray/ parts holder to go with it
    telescoping magnetic tool

Hey it a magnetic theme going on!

#64 9 years ago

Have you heard your husband talking about needing to shop any of his pins? If so, get the pdf manual and buy all the rubbers and the game specific LED kit, of course if he's into that.

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-christmas-gift-ideas-for-pinhead-husband/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.