20190522_123659 (resized).jpg
20190522_123716 (resized).jpg
60878F7C-B267-43D2-9556-D321A9895841 (resized).jpeg
303AEE0F-6A0C-49CF-85DE-70F9B299BFCF (resized).jpeg
42DC5C69-8883-44BF-A33A-5050E170FF7C (resized).jpeg
6BAE9AB6-7C09-4ED3-BF16-954E7422A3DB (resized).jpeg
IMG_0658 (resized).JPG
IMG_0879 (resized).JPG

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I just got a CP, and mine does not have the Danger Zone gate/switch assy. It is part # WIL A-22168-4301. Is there anyone that has one they can sell me, or knows where I can find one? I would really like to have that section of the playfield functioning properly. Thanks a bunch in advance for whoever is able to point me in the right direction.

Scott

#3 11 years ago

Thanks a bunch Llyod!! No wonder why everyone says you are the MAN!!! Guess I will get this one unless I can find one state-side

#4 11 years ago

Prolly the only one you'll find since so many parts were shipped over there a couple of years ago. Long story but parts like this may never show up from US distributors again. Is this the part that adds the extra mode on the old software? I know I have it, but I've never seen the mode (I don't think I have).

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

Prolly the only one you'll find since so many parts were shipped over there a couple of years ago. Long story but parts like this may never show up from US distributors again. Is this the part that adds the extra mode on the old software? I know I have it, but I've never seen the mode (I don't think I have).

Al, it's used during fights to activate that Plinko style game on the right where you either nudge it into a Power Shot (shooter lane), drain, or Throw Any Punch to Win (right inlane). It doesn't often go through there but when it does, it's a cool little side game! If you happen to be in a Ca$h fight, and have a Smart Punch in the bank, then it can be huge to get the inlane...

#6 11 years ago

Well thanks for the help!! Part is ordered, and should be here after a long journey from kangaroo country!!

Is there a reason that the gate/switch was left off? It seems like it was a cheap part back then, so couldn't have been about cost. Does anyone know why the decision was made to scrap it, but leave in the game/codes?

#7 11 years ago

I've owned a few CPs and played it on location when it was released. There are many tiny variations of parts changed, left off, post or no post, post capped where it appears on earlier release, inlane normal brushed steel style or most commonly is golden wirformed, etc! CP seemed a little rushed and though a nice complete game when taken for what it is, they left Crazy Bob out of the software and there are little bugs here and there!

#8 11 years ago

I always though there should be a gate there but I never stopped to look it up. Now I have to get one. I might just take the center post out until I get the gate and see what happens.

#9 11 years ago

lloyd, that's awesome. A friend of mine has been looking for years, I've alerted him...

thanks, Michael

#10 11 years ago

Thanks, I ordered one. Need one for a CP in my shop

#11 11 years ago

When I had mine, I got the gate. But while searching for it, I rigged up an opto switch using the little three opto board from FH. It worked fine and created no ball hangups that I found happened on slow balls somtimes into the factory gate.

Dan

#12 11 years ago

I have looked at the 3 posts where the gate is supposed to go, and have some thoughts/questions...

1. Is the middle post there for the wire form on the gate to stop from to much movement, and not for it to attach to. The two outer posts are where it screws in at, correct?

2. Can the middle post be removed b/c it looks like it might make it harder for the ball to get into the "Danger Zone" entrance with out harming game play?

3. How many posts are supposed to be in the area for the "plinko" effect when the ball heads down to the out lanes?

ALSO.... Lets see some of the other CP owners mods/toys you have done!!! I can't find much out there in the toy dept for the game that people have made, so come on show off your CP goodies

I will start.... I made a topper out of some boxing gloves I had, but everyone else probably has too haha

IMAG0440.jpgIMAG0440.jpg

#13 11 years ago

I just looked over my CP and the assembly is there. I pull out the middle post and it works great. I had to zip tie the switch's green and white wires UP so the gate could move freely. Just made me like my CP a "little" bit more.

#14 11 years ago

I ended up doing a similar topper, nice and simple!

// Error: Image 59466 not found // 20121215_163435_resized.jpg20121215_163435_resized.jpg

#15 11 years ago

U guys do realize it's a bare knuckles theme right?

#16 11 years ago

Good point!!!!

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

I just looked over my CP and the assembly is there. I pull out the middle post and it works great. I had to zip tie the switch's green and white wires UP so the gate could move freely. Just made me like my CP a "little" bit more.

Can you post a picture of the gate installed?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

U guys do realize it's a bare knuckles theme right?

Yeah I did know that... It is a joke running at my place right now. Have been trying to figure out what could work well for a "hand/fist" topper... Was thinking the painted Hulk fists would work, but Stern had to go and make Avengers....

Quoted from absocountry2:

Can you post a picture of the gate installed?

I will take some pics for you once the gate gets here. Should have this week hopefully. I am going to try with/without the middle post to see what works best for me.

#19 11 years ago

Here are pics from my CP showing the post in.. post out.. and the switch activated.

POST IN

#20 11 years ago

POST OUT

againstropes3.jpgagainstropes3.jpg

#21 11 years ago

What I noticed with the switch here is that you may need to bend, move or zip tie the green and white wires up out of the way so the switch can be activated.

SWITCH

againstropes2.jpgagainstropes2.jpg

#22 11 years ago

SWITCH ACTIVATED - This of course only works during a boxing match. Def adds a new aspect to the game. As far as leaving the middle post in or taking it out..... I could never get the ball through the gate with the post left in and the hole never affected anything either.

CHEERS!

againstropes.jpgagainstropes.jpg

#23 11 years ago

I agree, post has to come out. Is the game coded for that switch? It was mentioned before that it does in old code. Any idea what version we need to run for that to work?

They are not cheap but I had to get one. I always felt that area needed something. Had to get it.

#25 11 years ago

Copy, I better look and see what version I have. That gives me an idea for Pinside. Robin added the battery changed date, could he add a spot vor code version? I will go start so thread on that in the proper place.

#26 11 years ago

Yeah, I have one too and always wondered about that center post. With it in its a real tight fit to get a ball in there and I think I have only ever seen one go in there about a dozen times. I think when I get back home I am going to remove it.

Does anybody know if there is a way to reset the jump rope and speed bag scores. I reset the HSTD and they did not reset. Also the scores for the various boxers.

Is the Russian always the last one you fight for pub champ?

It kinda stinks that the jump rope stops at 30.

Also when the heavy bag is in position how straight is it? Mine seems to need to turn just a bit more CCW to be straight. I checked the cam and the linkage and it all looks good and tight. I might just modify the cam if I have to to get it to stop straight.

Has anybody else hit a jab shot only to have it skip completely over the wireform?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

Yeah, I have one too and always wondered about that center post. With it in its a real tight fit to get a ball in there and I think I have only ever seen one go in there about a dozen times. I think when I get back home I am going to remove it.
Does anybody know if there is a way to reset the jump rope and speed bag scores. I reset the HSTD and they did not reset. Also the scores for the various boxers.
Is the Russian always the last one you fight for pub champ?
It kinda stinks that the jump rope stops at 30.
Also when the heavy bag is in position how straight is it? Mine seems to need to turn just a bit more CCW to be straight. I checked the cam and the linkage and it all looks good and tight. I might just modify the cam if I have to to get it to stop straight.
Has anybody else hit a jab shot only to have it skip completely over the wireform?

Ive had almost all of the same questions!! hahha

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

I thought there was a setting that dropped the scores after a certain amount of time but cannot remeber for sure. If you remove the batteries and unplug the pin they will clear.

Quoted from Pugsley:

They are all turned a little. There was a thread on that a few months ago. Everybody's was the same. Even have a few pictures in the thread.

Quoted from Pugsley:

Yep, often. I have stock strength coils and the ball goes crazy out of the jabs. I have had them go all the way over the slings and into the drain. It is common to have the ball go crazy and leave the ramps if you hit them clean.

2 weeks later
#29 11 years ago

so I got the DZ switch in over the holiday installed. Was impressed with how fast I got it from Down Under.... Thanks again LTG for helping me find the part!!! Here is how I installed it. I decided to go with the middle post out. Can't figure out why they would leave it out of the game since all the code is still there (music, lighting, effects). It adds a lot more to the fights now for me

IMAG0483.jpgIMAG0483.jpg IMAG0484.jpgIMAG0484.jpg IMAG0485.jpgIMAG0485.jpg

#30 11 years ago

I ordered one and it was shipped, you are getting me excited now.

#31 11 years ago

Mine took a couple weeks to arrive, but considering the holidays being involved, not bad

#32 11 years ago

Can someone explain exactly what the shot does when switch is installed and working?

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can someone explain exactly what the shot does when switch is installed and working?

Here ya go, cut n paste from above.

Quoted from mechslave:

Al, it's used during fights to activate that Plinko style game on the right where you either Nudge it into a Power Shot (shooter lane), drain, or Throw Any Punch to Win (right inlane). It doesn't often go through there but when it does, it's a cool little side game! If you happen to be in a Ca$h fight, and have a Smart Punch in the bank, then it can be huge to get the inlane...

See the Against the Rope pictures posted above for visual.

#34 11 years ago

Got my switch today, will install it tomorrow. How did you guys run your wires and to where? I will probably see when I open her up, just figured I would get some ideas first.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

Got my switch today, will install it tomorrow. How did you guys run your wires and to where? I will probably see when I open her up, just figured I would get some ideas first.

Got mine yesterday & hooked it up last night. There's a hole in the PF up at the top of the"danger zone"where an opto switch comes through. Run the plug down it & you'll see the other end zip tied on the harness about mid PF. I had to cut a zip tie or 2 to get them to reach each other. Also had to adjust the switch to get it to activate when a ball rolls under it. It was way off.

1 year later
#36 10 years ago

Just got my Danger Zone switch this week for my CP fitting it today .
Thanks guys for the thread.

#37 10 years ago

Where are you guys getting the switch?

8 months later
#38 9 years ago

strange...in french i never see a post up front of the door and the danger zone always works.

4 years later
#39 5 years ago

Resurrecting this old post.
Does anyone know where to a Champion Pub Danger Zone gate/switch part A-22168? Seems they no longer have them at PSPA? Is anyone reproducing them?

#40 5 years ago

I may have to make one of these. UUUUUUUGH!

2 weeks later
#41 5 years ago

Bump anyone know?

#42 5 years ago

Regarding the Danger Zone gate/switch assembly (part # WIL A-22168-4301)
I checked with Mark at Pinball Spare Parts Australia. His supply is all gone.

#43 5 years ago

I would be in for one if these are located or made again. I am going to make one from scratch but would prefer the original real part if I could find it. Here's hoping!

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

I would be in for one if these are located or made again. I am going to make one from scratch but would prefer the original real part if I could find it. Here's hoping!

Same here. If I get my hands on one I will be making a template to create more.

#45 5 years ago

In the mean time I made a jump rope mod

IMG_0655 (resized).JPGIMG_0655 (resized).JPGIMG_0658 (resized).JPGIMG_0658 (resized).JPGIMG_0659 (resized).JPGIMG_0659 (resized).JPGIMG_0663 (resized).JPGIMG_0663 (resized).JPG
#46 5 years ago

Nice sidewall art.

I too will try to make an Danger Zone assembly from scratch. I thought I found a good match a while back for the gate on a Sopranos machine but it wasn't the right length (Marco Specialties looked at the part over the phone). I'll try calling them again to find a properly sized one. I'll report back once I know more.

#47 5 years ago

I went to do this last year when I got my CP and I got lucky and had one in spare parts. I have been unable to locate anything close since. Probably have to find a local operator that has some junk parts. We need a pinball junkyard man!

#48 5 years ago

Wow this is my original post lol. I think I have an extra Danger Zone switch. Had 2 with my CP, but of course only used one. It is probably somewhere in my parts.

#49 5 years ago

Holly hell that was ROUGH! I made a replacement, but there is NO WAY, I will make another, took me forever with many trial and error prototypes, and I decided it is not worth the hours I would have to put into making one. If anyones wants a half dozen gates, switches and wire and want to drill, bend wire and fashion their own, I have all the necessary materials minus the wire harness. PM me for all this materials and drawn out plans.

#50 5 years ago

you guys are awesome! I am sure there will be a few takers. Danger Zone adds a really nice touch to CP!

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-champion-pub-danger-zone-gateswitch-part-a-22168?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.