Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Zitt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Game I sold to my mom a few years back has crapped, looks like the big cap on there gave up the ghost and took some fuses with it...would like to recap the thing all at once, but need a list of the caps. GPE doesn't have a cap kit for that power supply, and the DE manual/schematics are junk.

It's for a DE Time Machine, but I believe several other games used this PS as well.

#2 4 years ago

You sold it to your mom?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

DE manual/schematics are junk.

IPDB.org has a schematic for the Powersupply clearly indicated on page 56 of the PDF (or page 41 of the scan).
Looks to me like I can find every capacitor on the page including what value and voltage needed.
Is there a reason you can't use that information - Let's not call this junk when it clearly isn't.

#5 4 years ago

One thing I would love to know is the lead pitch for the radial capacitors.

Original caps had a specific spacing between the two pins and specific diameter of the cap.
Over the years, capacitors have gotten smaller. As they get smaller - the lead pitch (spacing between pins) often gets smaller. Normally I go up in voltage rating to get closer to the original pin spacing.

For example -- the 1000uF, radial cap at C1. If I supply a new 1000uF, 25V capacitor with the same capacitance and voltage rating - chances are it will not fit properly. I may have to recommend the 63V version just to get the pin spacing right so that the cap will fit properly.

Is there anybody out there that can get the lead spacing for C1, C2, C3 and C7?
Normal lead pitch dimensions are: 2mm, 2.5mm, 3.5mm, 5mm, 7.5mm, 10mm and 12.5mm.

From there - I can recommend US or Japanese brand capacitors by part number.

Ed (GPE)

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

IPDB.org has a schematic for the Powersupply clearly indicated on page 56 of the PDF (or page 41 of the scan).
Looks to me like I can find every capacitor on the page including what value and voltage needed.
Is there a reason you can't use that information - Let's not call this junk when it clearly isn't.

This will be the last time I ever respond to any of your posts....you are really trying hard for that "Preeminent Pinside Troll" badge, eh, John? Yes, there are schematics on there, yes I downloaded it before posting hits, and ...does it f'ing matter that they're there when they're so low quality scans that I can't actually READ THEM? What the hell is at C4 on that page, because to me it looks like it says 0.18F. Not UF....F.

If I can't read it, then it's no good for me to sit here and stare at it in vain, but sure, I suppose your dick waving was more important than just answering the damn question.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from jpinb:

You sold it to your mom?

Technically, it was her husband, and I cut them a deal on it....as in...I'd already done all the repairs, shopped it out, and I LOST MONEY selling it to them. Not that it's any of your damn business.

#8 4 years ago

Thank you. Gave you the upvote you deserved.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This will be the last time I ever respond to any of your posts....you are really trying hard for that "Preeminent Pinside Troll" badge, eh, John? Yes, there are schematics on there, yes I downloaded it before posting hits, and ...does it f'ing matter that they're there when they're so low quality scans that I can't actually READ THEM? What the hell is at C4 on that page, because to me it looks like it says 0.18F. Not UF....F.

I'm sorry - but this isn't me being a troll.
It's me pointing out that the schematics are there and do have the values.
Maybe someone does have a list; but in the absence of that list - the schematics are your only option.
Armed with the schematics and the board; you should have no problem extracting the information you need.

Now what you haven't said... which I'm assuming you were trying to imply... given your response.. is that you don't have the board so cannot use it as a reference to get what you need. That isn't the fault of Data East, their schematics, or the community as a whole. Further; it's not the fault of DE that you don't have a physical copy of said manual. Maybe you lost it … or it's in the machine at your mom's house with the board... but again; how it that me being a troll?

Once you've completed your research; maybe you'll be kind enough to post the part list here so someone in the future can learn from your work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton Twp, MI
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-capacitor-list-for-de-520-5000-00-power-supply and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.