52 days ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by pacmanretro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1B833A6E-0AFF-402D-82EE-0415B01C3293 (resized).png
    88F7DB9D-0130-4EF0-8693-B00D054C4A01 (resized).png

#1 52 days ago

Hello out there I am in need of a score motor schematic for a 76 Bally old Chicago
    I have 8 cut wires and 8 switch lugs but no clue what goes where.
    I have all the other Schematics but the score motor.
    Thanks for any help caleb.

1B833A6E-0AFF-402D-82EE-0415B01C3293 (resized).png88F7DB9D-0130-4EF0-8693-B00D054C4A01 (resized).png
    #2 52 days ago

Some Bally games have non used switches and wires not connected.. Hokus Pokus is one.

#3 52 days ago

There is no schematic for a score motor itself. You'll have to go through the schematic for the game and find which switches are missing the wire, find that switch on the schematic, and then you'll find the wire color that belongs to that switch.

Bally score motors go by each cam, such as 1, 2, 3 etc, and then the levels are the number of switches on each cog, with A as the lowest switch. So, for example, 7C would be the third switch up from the bottom on the 7th cam.

Bally schematics use number combinations for the wire colors. Fortunately there is a key for that on the schematic.

There is no remnant of the wire on any of the lugs that are missing wires? Yikes. Someone wanted to cause a problem for sure.

#4 52 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

Some Bally games have non used switches and wires not connected.. Hokus Pokus is one.

On a score motor? I've never seen a switch on a score motor with no wiring attached, no matter who the manufacturer was. That would certainly be odd to say the least.

#5 52 days ago

I believe I've seen this same thing. Also, I believe there are some other threads showing same thing as correct, but don't quote me on that.

#6 52 days ago

Diagnose each (If any) problem with the machine using the full game schematic diagram and standard electrical troubleshooting techniques. When working on a circuit that shows a score motor switch (circled), hone in on that looking at the hanging wires.
    But keep in mind Bally pins of that era had unused wires depending on destination.

German exports used a few of those wires.

#8 52 days ago

In response first thanks to all.
    What started me on the hunt was the multiplayer does not work. If you hand trip everything each part will work.
    But if you add more then 1 player you have unlimited balls and it will stay on player one. All coils and switches are good steppers are clean and smooth.

There is one switch out of the 8 that had a wire at one time. The other 7 look brand new

#9 51 days ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

On a score motor? I've never seen a switch on a score motor with no wiring attached, no matter who the manufacturer was. That would certainly be odd to say the least.

Bally Hokus Pokus, Flicker ( I just woeked on one) and Bally Monte Carlo. I am sure there are more. And when you see them , you automatically think thats whete they go.

#10 51 days ago

Didn't see that on mine but I didn't do a wire-by-wire inspection; rather I did the troubleshoot the game until everything works method. Got me curious enough that I'm going to take a close look-over in the next day or so.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED displays for model H & model S Skee ball

#11 51 days ago

You find unused clipped wire in several location on Bally pins of that era. I would guess they saved money by using the same wiring harness in multiple pins. My Old Chicago is the same.

#12 51 days ago
    Quoted from Berger88:

There is one switch out of the 8 that had a wire at one time. The other 7 look brand new

If you have one specific switch you think a wire came off of, maybe try posting a clear pic of that one. That way there is a better chance someone else with same machine can verify and tell you what color wire (if any) is attached on theirs.

May be worth a shot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 11.95
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside