Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by BingoButch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I need a Bally ball lift motor assy. The motor works fine, it pulls in but the gear box is shot - motor runs but no gearing.

This is for a Bally Show Time. It may not be worth replacing the ball lift, but the machine is "apparently" working -- or perhaps starting to work.

I just started on this one.

#4 6 years ago

You need everything but the motor right ? So just the gear box right ? Take a.pic and so me exactly what you need have a 5000 Sq ft building with parts

#5 6 years ago

Thanks Butch. It turns out I was able to repair my old gear box.

I disassembled my ball lift gear box by drilling out the rivets and found the old grease had turned to glue. I cleaned it up re-greased and reassembled using small screws. I had to drill out the rivet holes a small amount to fit the screws. It is now working OK.

Knowing I could find a replacement ball lift gear box shored up my confidence to take it apart. usually all the gears fall out and it becomes a puzzle to how the gears were originally placed. This unit is on the simple side so isn't wasn't too difficult to
reassemble correctly.

It is good to know there are resources for bingo machine parts. Thank you.

Now to determine why the ball lifter continues to feed all the balls.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Now to determine why the ball lifter continues to feed all the balls.

assuming ball lift cam switch #1 is not stuck closed or shorted (lifter will run with no balls in the game), you need the lifter start relay to power to stop the ball lift motor. The naming of the lifter start relay is kinda backwards for historical reasons.

the ball runway switch in front of the shooter powers the lifter start relay, and the ball gate switch at the top of the runway unpowers the lifter start relay.

if you have the playfield tipped up against the head and the balls start lifting and dumping down into the cabinet, push the runway switch closed with your finger to stop the lifter from raising another ball.

#7 6 years ago

Yes, it was the shooter lane switch that needed to be actuated to stop the balls from continuing to feed. Thanks!

#8 6 years ago

Anytime. . Have almost every bally part.you will ever need. And I'm glad.your up and running a lot of very nice and experienced techs on here to help

1 year later
#9 5 years ago

Hi butch. Got a replacement belt for a bally lucky alley by chance?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-bally-ball-lift-motor-assy?hl=bingobutch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.