Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Patofnaud
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Just grabbed a Bally Nip-it but need the entire "balligator" mechanism. It's gone

Please shoot me a PM if you got one you can part with.
Will be in Allentown of that helps.

Thanks

#2 11 years ago

Bump

Should've probably posted this in the EM hangout.
Any help from the mods please?

#3 11 years ago

One last try

#4 11 years ago

your going to have to try more than one day for this one. It's very specific part your looking for. You'll find it eventually.

#5 11 years ago

if you get pictures, you might be able to rig something else to do what it does?

#6 11 years ago

Yeah, I figured. Seems this is a common issue as many operators would remove the mech altogether.
Worst case I'll sell the game for less. I know it's playable without the balligator, which is more of a novelty, but would really like to complete the game if possible.

Thanks!

#7 11 years ago

actually, i think that is a huge part of that game. Without it, just a normal game.

#8 11 years ago

I have the whole game for sale.

#9 11 years ago

From the IPDB entry;

"A ball-grabbing device in the upper right playfield, called a 'Balligator', is activated by a 'Gator' button, located next to the right flipper button, to pull the ball into a special high-scoring lane. As the flyer illustrates, the game was initially produced using a molded alligator to jump out from under the swamp reeds to capture a nearby ball. However, the plastic alligator kept breaking on location, so this design was changed early in production to instead use a bare metal bar to grab the ball, while the swamp reeds lane plastic was redesigned to show the alligator. Only a minority of games produced have the original Balligator design."

if it's the original early production Balligator, you may be looking for a while...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-balligator-assembly-for-bally-nip-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.