Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B778E324-901B-4161-B0CA-65AF85D37C9F (resized).jpeg
IMG_9614 (resized).jpg
IMG_9604 (resized).jpg
IMG_9603 (resized).jpg
IMG_9602 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Is grinding down a flat on the motor shaft a possible solution to preventing it from sliping?

Yes

The replacement motors have flattened shafts.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I just got a NIB WOZ pinball machine last week and am totally new to pinball ownership. I had a few minor issues with the machine that I overacme with the help from the members over at the WOZ owners thread. I did not want to add a bunch of discussion on a single technical issue to that thread so I created a new one specific to this issue. I am having an issue where the single right castle door will not open. A ball gets stuck up behind the door and then I am unable play. I read some similar posts about this issue and thought I knew how to address it.
I have removed the castle playfield and confirmed that the post attached to the door is not secured to the motor which is preventing the door from opening. There are two small setscrews on the door post but they are not accessible when the door is in position and over the motor. As such I am unable to tighten the setscrew onto the motor shaft.
What is the fix for this issue? Do I just slightly tighten the setscrews with the door off the playfield and the try and slide/force the post over the motor drive shaft?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The door post screws can be tightened with the castle playfield removed, as you have done.

The set screws can be tightened properly with an Allen wrench.

They probably had thread locker on them and just have dirty threads. Ignore this and push onwards.

Sometimes adding torque by the use of a hollow nut driver applied to the short side of the wrench or anything you can slip over it to give you more torque, will help a lot.

They have to be tight with blue locctite applied to every screw on every part, doors included.

Do not over tighten. The shafts are soft sleel and can strip.

So, very tight but not stripped out.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

set screws (shown in the image above with the arrow) are not accessible when the door in in places.

Tighten the post onto the motor before installing the door or remove the door part to get it out of the way so that you can set the shaft on the motor first.

Then push the shaft thru the wood, then reattach the door part.

Blue loctite on everything.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

would like to completly remove the motor so that I can machine a flat on the drive shaft

Dremel off a flat area of the shaft that is near where you can see marks from the set screw.

It doesn't take much, you can do it without all of the trouble of unpinning the connector.

Just roughing up the area will help keep the set screw from slipping.

In reality the single door doesn't get near the abuse of the double doors.

It doesn't have to be as bulletproof.

I have my original single door motor still in my game and have replaced 6 of the double door motors.

I always solder them in. Its quick and easy.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

After bitching about the problem to a friend and complaining about how poor the design is, I had an idea of how to deal with the inaccessible setscrews. If I remove the door from the post, I can place the post on the motor drive shaft, tighten the set screws, and then load the post up through the bottom of the top playfield and then reattach the door to the post.

See post #6 lol

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Sorry, at the time I did not follow what you were saying about removing the door from the post. I get it now though. Thanks again for your help!!!
I got a 1.5mm hex wrench and some red loctite and plan on finishing the repair tonight after work.

DO NOT USE RED LOCTITE ! ! !
It's too permanent, screw heads pop odd, set screws strip out, impossible to remove stuff for maintenance.

Use blue loctite.
Any brand will do, I use permatex brand, blue for easy removal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-assistance-with-woz-single-right-castle-door-not-opening-?tu=pinballinreno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.