(Topic ID: 212607)

Need Assistance With Wiring a Rectifier Board

By BrooklynBaller

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SOLtps (resized).jpg
    OLD J3 - 1 (resized).JPG
    OLD J3 -2 (resized).JPG
    NEW RECT2 (resized).JPG
    OLD J1 (resized).JPG
    NEW RECT1 (resized).JPG
    Untitled (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    Pages from Dolly Manual Complete (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from BrooklynBaller:

I was hosting a party at my house and my Playboy machine (1978), which has been good to me for over 20 years, went out on me. Of course, it would happen after I had played it during the week before and all was fine. I’m not an electrician, but I have dabbled into some of my games with good results. This time on the Playboy machine, I noticed that there were a few burnt areas around some of the molex connectors that are connected to the rectifier board seated on top of the transformer assembly. So, I ordered a complete new set consisting of new rectifier board, the 3 molex connectors and associated hardware. Somehow, I was able to disconnect the wiring on back of the rectifier board and transfer all the wiring to the new rectifier board. When I got to replacing all three Molex connectors J1, J2, and J3 somehow I misplaced the J1 connector and still can’t find it anywhere. So, I will get another one tomorrow. I also cut all the pin wires from the old Molex boards (J2 and J3) and reconnected them with the kit’s trifulcon pins. Wow…watta job, but I think I did it correctly by doing each of the wires separately. Now, the hard part. The old J1 Molex (still connected) looks like it’s been tampered with and the red wire is attached to the orange wire by someone who soldered them together. Therefore, the sequence of the wires doesn’t match the diagram in the manual. Nor does the amount of wires connected to J1. So, another pin fanatic friend of mine, suggested that I just put the wires, as they are, in the new Molex J1. Since I don't have one at this time, I just reconnected the old J1 molex to the new board since all of the other connectors on the board looked OK except for the burnt one on the end. I attached it to the new board and turned it on...while my friend was on the other end of the phone in case I blew up the machine and me. So, when I turned it on, only the illumination on the playfield is the only thing that happened.
    Does anyone have, or know, the colors and the sequence, of the wires that attach to J1 (a schematic of the J2 and J3 would be of help, tool)?? The manual shows the sequence but not the colors. Even more frustrating, is that the red and orange wires are soldered together!!! And, even though there are supposed to be 6 wires connected to the Molex connector, there are only 5. Maybe the red wire is supposed to be connected to one of the terminals???? I tried to send a few pictures but I can’t seem to get my cell phone to send the pictures to my computer (????). I can try again tomorrow if anyone can assist me. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Some nice well lit pictures would help if you could put some up.

#16 6 years ago

I'm still working with AT&T and Apple.

That should be fun. AT&T says its Apple's fault and Apple says the problem with AT&T

1 week later
    #40 6 years ago

I do not see any fuse under the playfield. Could you please be more specific about it's location? Thanks.

It is between the flippers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cottonm4.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-assistance-with-wiring-a-rectifier-board?tu=cottonm4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.