(Topic ID: 212607)

Need Assistance With Wiring a Rectifier Board

By BrooklynBaller

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SOLtps (resized).jpg
    OLD J3 - 1 (resized).JPG
    OLD J3 -2 (resized).JPG
    NEW RECT2 (resized).JPG
    OLD J1 (resized).JPG
    NEW RECT1 (resized).JPG
    Untitled (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    Pages from Dolly Manual Complete (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mk1Mod0.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 6 years ago

In my original Playboy schematic, it says N/U next to the 13th wire. So I'm guessing Playboy didn't need it.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from BrooklynBaller:

I understand that the 'key' is shown to be in the 8th position on the Molex but since there are 3 open pins on the board, I just want to make sure that I am attaching this Molex in the correct position.

The molex plug is supposed to have a little key in the eighth hole so that it can only be put in one way. The key in the plug must align with the missing spot on the rectifier board.

#23 6 years ago

OK. Deep breath. In... Out... In... Out... If your GI lights are coming on, that means your outlet, filter and transformer are all fine which means you have power to your rectifier board. The next step is to see if you have power where you need it on the board. Disconnect J1 and J3 from the rectifier leaving only J2 plugged in. Turn the machine on and read the test points. I'm assuming at this point that you have a multi-meter and know how to use it. If you don't know how to read it I can help. If you don't have a meter you should get one. 40 year old pinball machines, while reasonably reliable, will get cranky at some point.

Shawn

#32 6 years ago

In the third picture it looks like he did fix the GI on the J1 plug. So if all the green lights come on I would assume that means your voltages are within the needed parameters. The next step is to plug in the solenoid board and check the voltages there. Here's the relevant test points.

Shawn

SOLtps (resized).jpgSOLtps (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mk1Mod0.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-assistance-with-wiring-a-rectifier-board?tu=Mk1Mod0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.