(Topic ID: 248152)

Need Alien Poker Plastic Drop Target part(s)

By CUJO

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CUJO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190726_170749 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Where can I find these plastic miniPCB supports that the post have gotten brittle and cracked/cracking off. They're like 38+ years old!
I super glued two of them but just would like to replace with new since it's apart and don't want more to break off. They are delicate.
Thanks!

IMG_20190726_170749 (resized).jpgIMG_20190726_170749 (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Not available new. Used parts only....
Make sure you do not overtighten the bar across the back, that helps to crack the bosses (and makes your targets drop slowly, if at all/adds bricking)

If they are available new hopefully someone will post as I'd like to pick some up too.

Well I've gotten the two posts super glued back on but I'd like to rebuild it stronger for sure with new or better plastics.
Doesn't any other game use these like Firepower or that era?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Huh, two threads on this part in an hour, was getting me confused....
Anyway, they're not a fast part to print, so the price is more than I'd like, but I do offer them on the website. I did have to tweak the design a bit to print reliably due to the overhangs. It's also a bit more stable now, less twisting on the bracket.
http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=79&controller=product&id_lang=1

My bad. Made the other thread. then did a search and found one already started.

#9 4 years ago

I see a user named PBJ on the Arcade Forum has made these for his AP. They look good!
Anybody know of the most "reasonable" place to buy 6 of these as 3D printed or NOS?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2792174

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sent you a PM.

Thank you.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

A fragile design too. Not much you can do about the thin standoff sections, can’t make ‘em thicker because they need to fit between the targets and hold the right size screws. And the tall spindly design limits the materials you can reliably print with on an FDM machine.
I’m actually printing an order for 10 of these right now. I just wish I could get them to print faster so I could drop the price. I know people need em but also need em to be cheaper. Hopefully when I jump to a resin printer I can work on the price problem.

Curious how long it takes to print one?
What material are you printing them in now?

2 weeks later
#17 4 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I had a tech try installing the thingaverse improved spacers and they just didn't work right in Alien Poker.
Melted some of the pteg and welded the old ones.

Well that news is disheartening...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cujo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-alien-poker-plastic-drop-target-parts?tu=cujo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.