(Topic ID: 248152)

Need Alien Poker Plastic Drop Target part(s)

By CUJO

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CUJO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190726_170749 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Huh, two threads on this part in an hour, was getting me confused....

Anyway, they're not a fast part to print, so the price is more than I'd like, but I do offer them on the website. I did have to tweak the design a bit to print reliably due to the overhangs. It's also a bit more stable now, less twisting on the bracket.

http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=79&controller=product&id_lang=1

#8 4 years ago

A fragile design too. Not much you can do about the thin standoff sections, can’t make ‘em thicker because they need to fit between the targets and hold the right size screws. And the tall spindly design limits the materials you can reliably print with on an FDM machine.

I’m actually printing an order for 10 of these right now. I just wish I could get them to print faster so I could drop the price. I know people need em but also need em to be cheaper. Hopefully when I jump to a resin printer I can work on the price problem.

#13 4 years ago

About 2 hours in PLA. I found PET to be too stringy and doesn't adhere well on my print bed, never had much luck with nylon. ABS just turns into a slumped mess on the screw extensions. I know PLA probably isn't optimal either, as it's a bit on the brittle side, but the shape just needs something that doesn't deform at print temps on thin sections.

Saving up for an SLA printer which will change things dramatically..... but that's months away until I have the money and the one I want is available.

-Hans

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Parts like this need to be at minimum PET. I prefer and typically print mechanical parts like this in ABS or Nylon which is fairly simple and strong as original for the most part. I reserve PLA for cosmetic parts that have no function as they rarely last.

Completely agree, and most of my stuff I do PET these days as well. I've almost given up on ABS completely now except for lamp shields.

This particular part I've been running in my Black Knight for the past 4-5 months now without any failures, despite being PLA.

-Hans

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider HHaase.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-alien-poker-plastic-drop-target-parts?tu=HHaase and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.