(Topic ID: 248152)

Need Alien Poker Plastic Drop Target part(s)

By CUJO

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by CUJO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190726_170749 (resized).jpg

#1 11 months ago

Where can I find these plastic miniPCB supports that the post have gotten brittle and cracked/cracking off. They're like 38+ years old!
I super glued two of them but just would like to replace with new since it's apart and don't want more to break off. They are delicate.
Thanks!

IMG_20190726_170749 (resized).jpg
#2 11 months ago

There's a model floating around so you can 3d print them. Works pretty well

#3 11 months ago

Not available new. Used parts only....

Make sure you do not overtighten the bar across the back, that helps to crack the bosses (and makes your targets drop slowly, if at all/adds bricking)

If they are available new hopefully someone will post as I'd like to pick some up too.

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from slochar:

Not available new. Used parts only....
Make sure you do not overtighten the bar across the back, that helps to crack the bosses (and makes your targets drop slowly, if at all/adds bricking)

If they are available new hopefully someone will post as I'd like to pick some up too.

Well I've gotten the two posts super glued back on but I'd like to rebuild it stronger for sure with new or better plastics.
Doesn't any other game use these like Firepower or that era?

#5 11 months ago

Huh, two threads on this part in an hour, was getting me confused....

Anyway, they're not a fast part to print, so the price is more than I'd like, but I do offer them on the website. I did have to tweak the design a bit to print reliably due to the overhangs. It's also a bit more stable now, less twisting on the bracket.

http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=79&controller=product&id_lang=1

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Huh, two threads on this part in an hour, was getting me confused....
Anyway, they're not a fast part to print, so the price is more than I'd like, but I do offer them on the website. I did have to tweak the design a bit to print reliably due to the overhangs. It's also a bit more stable now, less twisting on the bracket.
http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=79&controller=product&id_lang=1

My bad. Made the other thread. then did a search and found one already started.

#7 11 months ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Well I've gotten the two posts super glued back on but I'd like to rebuild it stronger for sure with new or better plastics.
Doesn't any other game use these like Firepower or that era?

Yes, all WMS drop banks have these from that era, system 3-7 for sure. Lots of Pokerinos can be parted out to get these.

#8 11 months ago

A fragile design too. Not much you can do about the thin standoff sections, can’t make ‘em thicker because they need to fit between the targets and hold the right size screws. And the tall spindly design limits the materials you can reliably print with on an FDM machine.

I’m actually printing an order for 10 of these right now. I just wish I could get them to print faster so I could drop the price. I know people need em but also need em to be cheaper. Hopefully when I jump to a resin printer I can work on the price problem.

#9 11 months ago

I see a user named PBJ on the Arcade Forum has made these for his AP. They look good!
Anybody know of the most "reasonable" place to buy 6 of these as 3D printed or NOS?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2792174

#10 11 months ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I see a user named PBJ on the Arcade Forum has made these for his AP. They look good!
Anybody know of the most "reasonable" place to buy 6 of these as 3D printed or NOS?
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2792174

Sent you a PM.

#11 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sent you a PM.

Thank you.

#12 11 months ago
Quoted from HHaase:

A fragile design too. Not much you can do about the thin standoff sections, can’t make ‘em thicker because they need to fit between the targets and hold the right size screws. And the tall spindly design limits the materials you can reliably print with on an FDM machine.
I’m actually printing an order for 10 of these right now. I just wish I could get them to print faster so I could drop the price. I know people need em but also need em to be cheaper. Hopefully when I jump to a resin printer I can work on the price problem.

Curious how long it takes to print one?
What material are you printing them in now?

#13 11 months ago

About 2 hours in PLA. I found PET to be too stringy and doesn't adhere well on my print bed, never had much luck with nylon. ABS just turns into a slumped mess on the screw extensions. I know PLA probably isn't optimal either, as it's a bit on the brittle side, but the shape just needs something that doesn't deform at print temps on thin sections.

Saving up for an SLA printer which will change things dramatically..... but that's months away until I have the money and the one I want is available.

-Hans

#14 11 months ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Curious how long it takes to print one?
What material are you printing them in now?

Parts like this need to be at minimum PET. I prefer and typically print mechanical parts like this in ABS or Nylon which is fairly simple and strong as original for the most part. I reserve PLA for cosmetic parts that have no function as they rarely last.

#15 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Parts like this need to be at minimum PET. I prefer and typically print mechanical parts like this in ABS or Nylon which is fairly simple and strong as original for the most part. I reserve PLA for cosmetic parts that have no function as they rarely last.

Completely agree, and most of my stuff I do PET these days as well. I've almost given up on ABS completely now except for lamp shields.

This particular part I've been running in my Black Knight for the past 4-5 months now without any failures, despite being PLA.

-Hans

2 weeks later
#16 10 months ago

I had a tech try installing the thingaverse improved spacers and they just didn't work right in Alien Poker.
Melted some of the pteg and welded the old ones.

#17 10 months ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I had a tech try installing the thingaverse improved spacers and they just didn't work right in Alien Poker.
Melted some of the pteg and welded the old ones.

Well that news is disheartening...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside