Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by wizzardz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrivelli.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 11 years ago

Yeah, I just bought a pin that the seller said all the issues he knew about, was fairly thorough. Brought the game home and and the DMD went out the next day, board issue.

I have bought from this guy before and 100% don't expect him to fix it. I just take it as one of those risk when buying old electronics, you know?

Totally sorry about your situation, it's really frustrating. I am lucky enough to have an AWESOME tech in this area who is not overly costly and I just bring him over right away.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from dlbuller:

Well, I guess thats where we differ. I grew up being honest and if by ANY chance at all something happened and it MIGHT have been my fault, I would AT LEAST offer to pay half if not all of the repair cost.
    But I suppose I'm the minority.

I think the point here is that what if the seller told you all he knew? What's to say for the seller that you dropped it unloading it? (not that you did) Just saying too many unknowns. It does suck if that seller has a bad rep then perhaps he does cover some items, but in the end play the shit outta the game and test everything you can...and of course hope for the best!

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from dlbuller:

good point, but the issue with the machine is completely bare wires surrounded by tape shorting the boxer motor.....maybe I'm wrong, but if I dropped the machine, I don't think that would happen.

I know! He told me he took it apart and changed switches!

Like i said, not saying you dropped it, that was simply an example the seller can't be responsible if no warranties are offered due to buyer fault once it has left. It sucks ,but cold truth.

Gotta check for those types of things, but im sure in a CP that's probably hard to check under the boxer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrivelli.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-adviceor-am-i-just-screwed-sorta-long-sorry?tu=jrivelli and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.