• 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pinballlew
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

my-precious-gtq7xo (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I am thinking about getting a James Bond Premium or Godzilla premium. My dilemma is I never want to sell games, especially good ones, but I am starting to run tight on space and with the current pricing of NIB games I feel I should let one go before buying a new game. The games I have considered selling are Metallica pro, The Walking Dead premium, or Iron Maiden premium.

The first game that comes to mind to sell is Metallica Pro. This is the game I've had the longest BUT the reason this is my first pick to sell is because every time I play it I feel that the whole purpose of the game is to get into Crank It Up. Does anyone feel this is the only purpose of the game or is there another enjoyable strategy to play the game?

I have always been a huge Sean Connery James Bond fan but my concern with the James Bond game is that it is too new to know how good it will really end up being. I heard Lonnie Ropp is on code and he hasn't had the best reputation for doing good code.

Any thoughts, input, and opinions welcomed!

#2 1 year ago

Jeez...thats a murderers row right there.

TWD for me is off the table.
So betwixt MET & IMDN...tuffy. hmmm....damn that's tight.
CIU is the point, and the fun of the game. If you're not enjoying thst then I would sell ghwt.

#3 1 year ago

Your reasoning is good. Let MET go and get GZ or JB.

#4 1 year ago

If you can afford it, hold onto your game until the James Bond or Godzilla is ready to ship. That's a tough call, but I'd let MET go.

#5 1 year ago

I had met pro for 7 years before I let it go for exactly the same reason you just said.

It's an amazing game but when you played it too much and weeks passed and you don't play it much anymore it's time to let go.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If you can afford it, hold onto your game until the James Bond or Godzilla is ready to ship. That's a tough call, but I'd let MET go.

That's a good point! I'll have to ask my distributor what their payment policy is but I think it's 100% due at time of order.

Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I had met pro for 7 years before I let it go for exactly the same reason you just said.
It's an amazing game but when you played it too much and weeks passed and you don't play it much anymore it's time to let go.

Yes, it's an amazing game, I've had a lot of fun with it but it's just grown stale on me. It doesn't get played much and when I play it it's kind of boring because I'm just going for Crank It Up and I've played CIU so many times it's just not fun anymore.

#7 1 year ago

Thanks to everyone who replied! It sounds like we are all on the same page; it's a tough choice but MET would be the first to go.

I guess the next question is what is a nice modded HUO MET LED pro worth? I'll have to look more at the recently listed and archived games and see what's similar to mine.

I added the following:

1.) aftermarket cabinet sub
2.) aftermarket backbox speakers
3.) amplified equalizer for backbox speakers
4.) amplified equalizer for cabinet sub
5.) color dmd
6.) shaker motor
7.) spinners at the orbits like the premium
8.) neon green plastic protectors
9.) snake mod
10.) graveyard crosses.

#8 1 year ago

I wouldn't let MET go for the JB I have played. GZ different story. But sounds like you're ready to let go so GLWS.

#9 1 year ago

I had a MET premium for 5 years and loved it, but let it go for the same reasons you listed: CIU is the entire point of the game and it feels like a chore/chopping wood getting there.

It got to the point where I’d start a MB, qualify CIU, then purposefully drain to single ball to start CIU. MET is a classic, but I feel the code has been outclassed by many modern Spike2 games and I don’t regret letting mine go at all.

James Bond is ok, will improve as code develops, but GZ is a masterpiece.

I vote let go of MET, get a GZ premium. You should be able to get around 8K for your Met in this crazy market.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from KJL:

I wouldn't let MET go for the JB I have played. GZ different story. But sounds like you're ready to let go so GLWS.

I like JB but think it's too early to determine how good of a game it will end up being. GZ is proven and is a solid game for sure!

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I had a MET premium for 5 years and loved it, but let it go for the same reasons you listed: CIU is the entire point of the game and it feels like a chore/chopping wood getting there.
It got to the point where I’d start a MB, qualify CIU, then purposefully drain to single ball to start CIU. MET is a classic, but I feel the code has been outclassed by many modern Spike2 games and I don’t regret letting mine go at all.
James Bond is ok, will improve as code develops, but GZ is a masterpiece.
I vote let go of MET, get a GZ premium. You should be able to get around 8K for your Met in this crazy market.

Crazy to think of MET as a classic but it is and like you said it's been outclassed by the modern Stern games. I will miss mine but won't regret selling if that makes sense.

I do think James Bond is pretty decent as is and will improve as code develops but the wild card is how much better will it get. GZ has proven it is an awesome game and I think it's too early to say if JB will be considered awesome once the dust settles and when code is finalized. I was also thinking around 8k for MET from the little bit of research I did. Crazy times, prices, and market for sure!

#13 1 year ago

I’m not a fan of the James Bond pin either

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

I’m not a fan of the James Bond pin either

Yup, a true stinker

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Need Advice: which game to get rid of for JB or GZ- TWD, MET, or IMDN

My advice: Don't get the James Bond. GZ is a great game. So sell the Walking Dead and replace it with a GZ.

I would keep the Metallica and Iron Maiden since both of those are great games.

#18 1 year ago

Walking dead will be the easiest to get back imo

#19 1 year ago

Godzilla over TWD...i dont know man....

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wouldn’t wanna get rid of either, but I’d probably let Godzilla go first simply because they made very few premium/LEs for TWD (supposedly less premiums than LEs). Godzilla is going to be run forever and there’s already thousands of premium owners today.

That and I’ve had 5 TWDs somehow and don’t want a 6th..

#21 1 year ago

See if someone localish is interested in trading one of your games towards their Godzilla Premium. Alot are coming up for sale.

#22 1 year ago

Funny, the CIU modes are the reason MET has stayed with me. I can still feel good about a game if I get to a CIU and do well. Getting to the end of the game is doable if you make the effort. Other modern games tease you with deep code that most people will never see. I sold Stern JP because it just got repetitive doing a few paddocks, a few TRex modes, and maybe a control room every single game. I rarely got any deeper and there was not much thrill doing basic modes. Regardless, if a game is not getting played and you are basically done with it then sell it.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

TWD will never leave me.

my-precious-gtq7xo (resized).jpgmy-precious-gtq7xo (resized).jpg
#24 1 year ago

Ditch the Maiden. Godzilla will fill that void.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Ditch the Maiden. Godzilla will fill that void.

Agreed, I moved my maiden before my MET was considered an option.

#26 1 year ago

Metallica is better than maiden imo so no question maiden goes

#27 1 year ago

Metallica would go, Godzilla would come in and TWD would be sold for something else just never a JB or GOT.

#28 1 year ago

I wouldn’t trade any of three games you listed for a Godzilla. I haven’t played a Bond yet so I don’t know about that.

#29 1 year ago

My vote is too keep them all if money isn’t the factor. Those are all fantastic games IMO. If room is the reason, is there enough room to fold one game up and place it behind a set up game and the wall? Then you could rotate one in and one out to change things up. Just a idea. Good luck with whatever choice you go with though.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

My vote is too keep them all if money isn’t the factor. Those are all fantastic games IMO. If room is the reason, is there enough room to fold one game up and place it behind a set up game and the wall? Then you could rotate one in and one out to change things up. Just a idea. Good luck with whatever choice you go with though.

I am out of room and just proposed a variant of your suggestion…you are buying a drunk a drink my friend. I like the way you think!

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I like all three games and would like to keep all three but the reason to let one go is two-fold: room and money. I wanted to get a premium of either JB or GZ but they are getting close to $10k. That is a lot of money for me to justify adding another "toy" to the collection, I haven't been playing the games I mentioned and the sale of one of them would make buying a $10k game more justifiable.

I could make room for another game but I am starting to get a little tight on space. In the past I have thought about folding up a game and rotating in and out so I like the idea but the price of these NIB games is so high I feel I need to sell one if I'm going to buy another one. I want to get my bathroom remodeled and one of these games is going to cost more than paying someone to remodel my bathroom!

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:I am out of room and just proposed a variant of your suggestion…you are buying a drunk a drink my friend. I like the way you think!

Ha ha, buying a drunk a drink!

Quoted from SirMachismo:

I am out of room and just proposed a variant of your suggestion

You know what they say, great minds think alike!

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from pindude80:

I like all three games and would like to keep all three but the reason to let one go is two-fold: room and money. I wanted to get a premium of either JB or GZ but they are getting close to $10k. That is a lot of money for me to justify adding another "toy" to the collection, I haven't been playing the games I mentioned and the sale of one of them would make buying a $10k game more justifiable.
I could make room for another game but I am starting to get a little tight on space. In the past I have thought about folding up a game and rotating in and out so I like the idea but the price of these NIB games is so high I feel I need to sell one if I'm going to buy another one. I want to get my bathroom remodeled and one of these games is going to cost more than paying someone to remodel my bathroom!

Yeah I totally understand the money side of this…NIB pinballs are pretty much a thing of the past for me now due to being priced out of the hobby. Wish it wasn’t so because Godzilla Premium is about the most fun machine I have played in a long time. That’s why I prefaced it with if money is not a factor. I know that I have sold some games because I wasn’t playing them anymore and then later regretted selling them as I grew to want to play them again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Linn Creek, MO
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods
Protection
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-which-game-to-get-rid-of-for-jb-or-gz-twd-met-or-imdn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.