You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Christian_Skov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi all,

Need some good advice (step by step) on restoring and preserving my Bally Mystic backglass. It's my first time, so want to get it 100% right.

I started by gently cleaning the backside and masking off the areas where the display scores will show. My idea was to give it some acrylic clear coat and when wet, put some food film over, to hold the flaking down. And finish of with some more layers of clear coat.

I see that somebody is using a product called Triple Thick Clear. And my intention was to use that product. But it's not being sold in my country!

Bought something that I might think is a close alternative called. Plasti Kote - Super Clear Acrylic, Gloss - http://plasti-kote.co.uk/Product/pcode---7228/pccode---6751

Will this product work? How should I proceed?

Thanks
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

2 weeks later
#3 6 years ago

Bump

I know this topic have been discussed a lot. But I feel there is no precise conclusion on what to do and not to. Any advice is welcome, especially if you have both good and or bad experiences with either the method I have intended to use or something else.

I read about using glue to hold the flaking in place. Can anybody confirm that it works?

Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 22.50
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Christian_Skov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!