(Topic ID: 202488)

Need advice on whether to wait on ES or move on...

By Broohaha

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jhanley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Broohaha.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Trying to keep this short: My most excellent wife saw Earthshaker on my wishlist. (Mainly for nostalgic reasons. I love all pinball in general.) She's been looking for years and noticed that things weren't getting any cheaper. She selected a very well known .COM supplier of used machines. (Opting to keep their name out of this for the time being.) She bought a "working" ES from said vendor, (at a premium I might add) 2-3 weeks ago in advance of my birthday. Based on the vendor, she was optimistic that it would arrive within a couple days of my bday. She gets an email yesterday: Sorry, one of the techs broke the backglass, and we won't be able to ship anytime soon.

I've already checked the publically available places, and I don't expect any backglass for ES coming up anytime soon. I'm a bit suspicious of the vendor indicating at the last minute, the glass broke. Pretty sure this company's techs know the backglass is pretty sacred for an older game. I feel like my wife was taken advantage of in terms of: product availability and delivery (and price.)

ES has nostaligic value for me, but I realize it's a bit of a rare play these days.

I'm frustrated that this company has all of our money, but no clear timeline. Other options I'd like to explore: Attack from Mars, possibly South Park, Medieval Madness (sigh).

Q: Am I better off cutting bait with the vendor (paid via cc, but there's not indication they wouldn't refund) and trying to find something else? OR wait and see how long it takes to get the backglass. (Guessing there are non-glass options, but none shared via vendor as such.)

Thanks for any advice.

#16 4 years ago

Hmmm, I'm not sure but there seems to be a trend here.

In all seriousnes: really appreciate the advice from everyone. Thanks chuckwurt on the leads...

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

I have a nice Earthshaker but I would like to trade for a Bride of Pinbot.If you know someone that has one for sale maybe we could do a 3 way trade.Just putting it out there.

This does seem to require some stars aligning, a lot of driving, and very laid back sellers. Ping me if you change your mind on the terms of the deal. I basically have a menu of machines that I'm on the hunt for now. As my first machine, I'm happy to just get a fair deal on any one of them.

For some reasons, it appears pinball usage is inversely proportional to elevation. A little light on inventory here in the mile high city...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Broohaha.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside