thumbnail_image2 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpg
FE7998E6-02A1-4BE8-99DC-902C463B2444 (resized).jpeg
cen4 (resized).jpg
cen3 (resized).jpg
cen2 (resized).jpg
cen1 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

hey guys I got this from Stu awhile back. the question i have is with the underside. it is not painted. shouldn't it be? i have heard that clear was used but it looks like fresh wood to me....the other questions are, what color to use, what consistency, how to go about it, should i pre drill the holes first because the paint might hide the dimples? your experience and comments would be helpful!
cen1 (resized).jpgcen1 (resized).jpgcen2 (resized).jpgcen2 (resized).jpgcen3 (resized).jpgcen3 (resized).jpgcen4 (resized).jpgcen4 (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

No it doesn't.

If need be, you can paint it with the secret CPR sauce,

Behr dark base series 2300 or 2400 and color "Grey Area" <= CPR's secret sauce.
Paint it upside down as not to get paint in the inserts

#3 4 years ago

thanks....do you suggest pre=drilling this thing before i paint it or just take my chances? and....use the big fuzzy roller, the small spongy roller? i only have one chance to do this right and i have never done it before......

#4 4 years ago

I would just paint it first. Really what the paint is doing is making it easier to clean off dirty finger prints and black coil dust in the future.

I dont think you will lose the dimples but keep in mind those dimples are guidelines. You are going to want to check the position of everything - especially mechs - for the best alignment before screwing stuff down. If i don’t like the location of a dimple i create my own with an automatic centre punch.

FE7998E6-02A1-4BE8-99DC-902C463B2444 (resized).jpegFE7998E6-02A1-4BE8-99DC-902C463B2444 (resized).jpeg
#5 4 years ago

wow a fully automatic center punch! i thought those were illegal? lol I bumpfire mine!

#6 4 years ago

i got me one of them automatic center punches.......it is the bomb! thanks! also CPR got back to me and this run was sealed and sanded just not painted.....

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Startek2:

i got me one of them automatic center punches.......it is the bomb! thanks! also CPR got back to me and this run was sealed and sanded just not painted.....

I have gotten a lot of Mileage out of mine. But just be careful on the top side if you decide a new dimple is in order. It can crack the clear if you don’t remove some before you dimple (depending on how close you are to a through hole). Don’t ask me how i learned this....

#8 4 years ago

i used the punch to deepen the rather light dimples on the underside. Now I think they should show after painting....i have decided to paint so i got my supplies and i will prep the board tomorrow......do you guys think i should stuff tape in the holes? couldn't hurt could it?

#9 4 years ago

I think if you take CanadianPinball’s suggestion to paint it with the underside facing down you should get no paint dripping into inserts.

#10 4 years ago

ya I'm gonna bolt the play-field to the rotisserie and keep the angles away from the inserts.....

#11 4 years ago

Foam roller upside down and slow passes works well.

#12 4 years ago

ok guys job done....i like it a lot better! thanks for your input, that automatic punch really came through for me.....

thumbnail_image1 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image1 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image2 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image2 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image3 (resized).jpgthumbnail_image3 (resized).jpg
2 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
£ 195.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-this-cpr-centaur-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.