(Topic ID: 223786)

Need advice on shipping a bingo

By BlackCatBone

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.10.45 PM (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

Can anyone recommend a service that would ship a bingo from Virginia to Seattle at a reasonable cost? I've never bought a game I didn't pick up in person, but this one is a little too far for me to drive. All advice appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 5 years ago

BCB, I am not sure about a Bingo, but I have shipped a 600# engine quite a few times.
    I use ABF Freight. Their prices are good. As long as the Bingo is well packed and can
    be loaded and unloaded, I would go with them.
    I have not used a courier; FedEx, UPS and the like, so I don't know prices and weight
    restrictions, if any.
    Terry K

#3 5 years ago

Thanks, Terry, I appreciate the information.

#4 5 years ago

I've used Beltmann (STI) but you can expect the cost to be close to or more than $400. They will blanket wrap the game. I think you can do a search for them, but her name is Michelle. What game are you buying out of VA?

#5 5 years ago

Beltmann did the trick for me. They quoted me slightly over $500 for the VA to Seattle trip. I was a bit surprised because I'd earlier received a quote closer to $1,500 from another single-item shipper, minimoves. The Beltmann quote seems pretty reasonable for a 3,000 mile trip. I'm buying a nice Gay Time. I'd recommend that anyone looking for a shipping service include Beltmann when getting quotes.

3 weeks later
    #6 5 years ago

If you want/need to ship more than one machine between the same locations, you may be pleasantly surprised how little the additional games add to the bill when shipping with Beltmann.

#7 5 years ago

Fastenal will ship a palletized machine from one of their locations to another of their locations at a reasonable price. I paid $150 from Seattle to Galveston. You must deliver to and pick up from Fastenal.

4 weeks later
    #8 5 years ago
    Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Beltmann did the trick for me. They quoted me slightly over $500 for the VA to Seattle trip. I was a bit surprised because I'd earlier received a quote closer to $1,500 from another single-item shipper, minimoves. The Beltmann quote seems pretty reasonable for a 3,000 mile trip. I'm buying a nice Gay Time. I'd recommend that anyone looking for a shipping service include Beltmann when getting quotes.

Did bingo arrive in good shape and how long did it take

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Can anyone recommend a service that would ship a bingo from Virginia to Seattle at a reasonable cost? I've never bought a game I didn't pick up in person, but this one is a little too far for me to drive. All advice appreciated.
    Thanks.

Did you buy the Gay Time from Nick B. ?

#10 5 years ago

Yep, it's Nick's old Gay Time. It took a while for it to arrive in Seattle, I'm recalling it as about 10 days, maybe a few less. The condition was excellent - no shipping issues (whew!). I wouldn't have done this if I hadn't known that Nick (or someone else known and trusted) was overseeing the wrapping and send-off. The game arrived with the head standing upright. The guy in the green shirt in the photo is touching the head. I didn't think to ask Nick to to put "This Side Up" labeling on the head, but it would have been a good idea. Nick took lots of photos of the game as it was being prepared for shipping. It's a good idea in case you need to make an insurance claim. I'm happy with Beltmann.

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.10.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-24 at 7.10.45 PM (resized).png
    #11 5 years ago

Glad to hear it went to a good home. I bought that game in Poconos PA about 15 years ago. I shopped it out and cleaned it up and it worked perfectly for my years in my collection for many years. The only reason I sold it was because I ended up with a even better condition low played beauty of a Gay Time.

For sure it one of the best early 1950's woodrail Bally bingos ever manufactured and is player friendly for a bingo game. The features of hopping numbered holes(Magic Pockets), moving numbered lines(magic Lines), 4 corners, spotted numbers and red and yellow line scoring makes this Bally Bingo a great player to have in your collection. I know you going to love and enjoy this particular bingo game for sure. Congratulations!

#12 5 years ago

Hey Vic - I appreciate the history on the game. I always enjoy hearing the history on games I buy, but often the seller doesn't know much. I knew the game was pictured on ipdb, but now I understand the "Twins" photos. It's a beauty in my small collection.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-shipping-a-bingo?hl=terry1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.