• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160504_140500_(resized).jpg
IMG_2053_(resized).JPG
PC_(resized).jpg
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

My sister-in-law asked for some assistance in selling a full-size Stern Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball Machine. Neither of us know anything about it. It is in perfect working condition. In my research I stumbled across this great site and figured I might be able to find some help. Looking to have the following questions answered. Any advice you have is welcome! Thanks

1) How much would this game be worth?
2) What is the best way to sell, craigslist, this website, ebay, etc.?
3) If I sell online what is the best way to ship it?

If anyone is interested in buying lets talk! Located in Columbus Ohio. Go Bucks!

PC_(resized).jpgPC_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

You can look up the approximate value here on Pinside. The figures are pretty accurate. Post your location and some detailed photos and description, and I am sure you will get contacted by prospective buyers.

#3 7 years ago

You can sell it right here in the marketplace. Just click on the Market tab next to the forum tab.
Pinside's estimated value is $4440 - $5160.
Condition, location and how bad someone wants to sell / buy are major factors.
Take a few clear pictures for your post.

#4 7 years ago
#5 7 years ago

also it helps if you post your location, or the location of the machine. city and state is fine. no need to be specific until you have a buyer.

good luck. lots of helpful people here.

-troy

#6 7 years ago

Thanks everyone! I updated my post with my location, Columbus Ohio.

#7 7 years ago

How did you end up with it and not know anything about it?

#8 7 years ago

It is my sister-in-laws. She liked to play, her ex-husband got it for her one year for her birthday. She never plays it anymore and asked for some assistance in selling. I told her I would help out and I stumbled across this great site....

#9 7 years ago

There are a lot of collectors and pinheads in Ohio, find a local buyer that will come and play it and pick it up so you don't have to worry about shipping. Accept a cash only deal and it's pretty painless. That game is a great desirable title that will sell with a week probably a day!
If the game is pretty dirty and needs a cleaning and new rubbers you'll have to take a little off the price but I would ask 5k and work from there maybe take 4500 if it's a little dirty and no less than 4800 if nice and clean, no wear on playfield art etc...If 100 percent funtional that is. Often times a game will seem to play 100 percent but some features man not work properly such as the ship won't sink or something. A seasoned pinhead will find the issues and if minor probably not a problem but if something needs repair then that can affect price. Still at least 4400 I would think...

#10 7 years ago

Thank you all so much for your help, I have posted in the market. What a great site!

#11 7 years ago

Did he buy it new in the box or used from an arcade? That will greatly affect the value.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

If the game is pretty dirty and needs a cleaning and new rubbers you'll have to take a little off the price but I would ask 5k and work from there maybe take 4500 if it's a little dirty and no less than 4800 if nice and clean, no wear on playfield art etc...If 100 percent funtional that is. Often times a game will seem to play 100 percent but some features man not work properly such as the ship won't sink or something. A seasoned pinhead will find the issues and if minor probably not a problem but if something needs repair then that can affect price. Still at least 4400 I would think...

Hey, I'll be a voice of dissent: reason here.

A total newbie trying to get rid of a game they don't want might not be best served by trying to milk every last dollar out of this game. They don't want it, they don't know the ins and outs and condition of the machine like a seasoned vet, and they certainly don't want to deal with testing it, taking it apart, and moving it.

Homebrood has fed this lady like 5 different prices and they are all very high. I'd suggest the seller be willing to accept less for a no hassle deal. Are we really starting at $5,000 on a Pirates? It's not a very good game, it's not incredibly sought-after, and we have no idea what the game's history or shape is. I'd suggest $4,000 as a more reasonable baseline and go from there. I'd offer a seller in a similar situation less than that and so will MANY of the people responding to her Craigslist ad. Setting a newbie up to expect $5,000 easy for this thing and feeding them irresponsible lines like "ACcept no less than $4800!!!" is setting them up for disappointment and frustration.

#13 7 years ago

Your reasoning is sound Levi but with pirates being such a popular theme I think it will bring $4500 without much effort. Start at $5k and come down from there.

#14 7 years ago

My friends just picked up a nice example at PAGG last weekend for $4300.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your reasoning is sound Levi but with pirates being such a popular theme I think it will bring $4500 without much effort. Start at $5k and come down from there.

We don't know ANYTHING about this game. It could be a total piece of shit.

And the general consensus is "Your game is worth $5,000 easy!"

And we wonder why asking prices for games are out of control. Not to mention it's generally bad advice. Suggested baseline prices in this thread are way too high for this situation.

#16 7 years ago

hey I want this game dammit. and I was going to offer 2000.00 now you schmuckleys are driving my price up dammit!!!

and I live 2 hours from the seller... so no shipping!!!!

hey now!!

#17 7 years ago

It is worth what someone will pay. Post some good pictures, price it at $5k and see how much cash ends up at your front door. Condition is king and the pictures of it tell me nothing of the condition.

#18 7 years ago

One blurry distorted photo and a $5k asking price isn't the way to sell your game. Post many clear detailed photos. Take the glass off, take photos of the boards, etc.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

One blurry distorted photo and a $5k asking price isn't the way to sell your game. Post many clear detailed photos. Take the glass off, take photos of the boards, etc.

She's asking $5000 BECAUSE WE TOLD HER TO. Don't berate her, go bother Homebrood.

#20 7 years ago

From what we understand its HUO if her ex bought it brand new. Im guessing not a ton of use so in pretty good shape. Get some better photos and we can give you a more accurate idea of what you might be able to get out of it. And I dont care if you are a newb or a vet in pinball, it should fetch the same amount depending on condition.

#21 7 years ago

is it me, or is this thread starting to read like someone just threw bloody meat in the water, and all of the pinside sharks are headed in for dinner?

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

hey I want this game dammit. and I was going to offer 2000.00 now you schmuckleys are driving my price up dammit!!!
and I live 2 hours from the seller... so no shipping!!!!
hey now!!

She was asking 2-3K before I told her it needed researched. She did confirm it was new when purchased. As far as "taking the glass off" and "take photos of the boards" that is just not going to happen. We wouldn't even know where to begin. If you are interested, live close and want to take a look let me know. Here is another pic she sent me, still not a good one but it is the best I got!

IMG_2053_(resized).JPGIMG_2053_(resized).JPG

#23 7 years ago

If they don't know anything about it, then they don't know how to clean it, maintain it, or recognize and fix any issues. So, bone stock, uncleaned, unshopped, likely some shooter lane wear. $4k tops. $3600 or better is fair. I recommend asking $3900. Nobody gets $5000 for a Pirates. Fun pin. Good luck with the sale.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

She's asking $5000 BECAUSE WE TOLD HER TO. Don't berate her, go bother Homebrood.

Um, just giving advice Levi... No berating here.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Sprinsd:

She was asking 2-3K before I told her it needed researched. She did confirm it was new when purchased. As far as "taking the glass off" and "take photos of the boards" that is just not going to happen. We wouldn't even know where to begin. If you are interested, live close and want to take a look let me know. Here is another pic she sent me, still not a good one but it is the best I got!

I would gladly come take a look at it. I am two hours from you. always looking for titles to add to my collection. I will pm you my contact info.

AND, so that everyone knows I am on the level. I will take all the pics necessary, and post them and you guys can tell the seller what a fair price would be, and we can work from there.

not trying to take advantage of ANYONE on here EVER. ask other pinsiders who I have dealt with and messaged with. just sayin...

#26 7 years ago

Take the first $4k for it and be done with it. This will make both the buyer and seller happy (unless you are trying to hold up for top dollar- then you are going to need to do a lot more to sell it).

If anyone is offering you less than $4k for it, even based on your pics, holdout, you will get $4k pretty quick without much effort. $5k is going to be a stretch with your limited experience as a seller.

#27 7 years ago

Judging from that pic, knowing that it was probably never cleaned since new, and was probably only turned on while playing, I'm guessing that this may be the lowest use POTC out there. If all of that is true and the cabinet is really nice, I feel that the $5K neighborhood is very realistic. I wouldn't go much less than $5K on the 1st offer.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

If they don't know anything about it, then they don't know how to clean it, maintain it, or recognize and fix any issues. So, bone stock, uncleaned, unshopped, likely some shooter lane wear. $4k tops. $3600 or better is fair. I recommend asking $3900. Nobody gets $5000 for a Pirates. Fun pin. Good luck with the sale.

Finally someone is making some sense around here.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Um, just giving advice Levi... No berating here.

"You are asking $5,000 and all you posted is a blurry photo" followed by a bunch of demands to take the game apart that no newbie who doesn't even have the game in their house is gonna be able to provide sounds like beration to me. You read the thread right? It's pretty easy to follow.

#30 7 years ago

Seller, also remember a few things, pinball prices are regional as well. I personally dont know what a POTC goes for in Ohio, but in Wisconsin, any POTC at 5k is a tough sell. You also need to figure out what your time is worth. If you want a bunch of random people showing up and kicking the tires and spending a bunch of time showing you "what is wrong with your game", by all means, ask top dollar. If you value your time, and sanity, price it to move it. If your SIL was happy at 2-3k, she will be ecstatic with anything over that.

#31 7 years ago

anyone else hear the theme from JAWS in the background? ....

BTW, I was kidding about my first offer of $2000.00 ... that was comedic value for the thread!!

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

BTW, I was kidding about my first offer of $2000.00

Sadly, I can think of a few Pinsiders (you know- the warm and caring community) that would beat this seller down to this number if not lower.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Sadly, I can think of a few Pinsiders (you know- the warm and caring community) that would beat this seller down to this number if not lower.

yep, hence the shark, and jaws references...

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

I'm guessing that this may be the lowest use POTC out there. If all of that is true and the cabinet is really nice, I feel that the $5K neighborhood is very realistic.

Think I've got it beat Zero wear. Can practically count the new PF dimples!

20160504_140500_(resized).jpg20160504_140500_(resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago

I'm trying to figure the logic here.

Total and complete newbie who doesn't even own game asks for pricing advice.

Everybody here rushes to quote the highest possible price that even a seasoned seller would have incredible trouble selling the game for.

What is this all about? Are we all trying to out-honest each other? Is everybody going out of their way to prove how upstanding they are rather than give sane, reasonable advice that benefits everybody?

This is a chance for someone to get rid of a game painlessly, and with a fair deal that makes everybody happy. I think a pinsider offering $3500 sight unseen on an allegedly HUO game, willing to come pick it up and move it with the seller having to do absolutely nothing but count the cash would have been a totally legit situation. But for some reason everybody thinks she should demand NIB money for it, which will result in the game going unsold for months, or possibly years.

Don't really get it. I wish all parties here the best, but I don't understand why everybody was so keen to insist that this game be sold for the highest possible, best case, you'll-never-get-it price.

And I think I'm done beatin' the horse!

#36 7 years ago

Fxdwg, I got your PM but this site is not letting me respond since I am new. I will get back with you soon.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Sprinsd:

Fxdwg, I got your PM but this site is not letting me respond since I am new. I will get back with you soon.

alright. thanks.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm trying to figure the logic here.
Total and complete newbie who doesn't even own game asks for pricing advice.
Everybody here rushes to quote the highest possible price that even a seasoned seller would have incredible trouble selling the game for.
What is this all about? Are we all trying to out-honest each other? Is everybody going out of their way to prove how upstanding they are rather than give sane, reasonable advice that benefits everybody?
This is a chance for someone to get rid of a game painlessly, and with a fair deal that makes everybody happy. I think a pinsider offering $3500 sight unseen on an allegedly HUO game, willing to come pick it up and move it with the seller having to do absolutely nothing but count the cash would have been a totally legit situation. But for some reason everybody thinks she should demand NIB money for it, which will result in the game going unsold for months, or possibly years.
Don't really get it. I wish all parties here the best, but I don't understand why everybody was so keen to insist that this game be sold for the highest possible, best case, you'll-never-get-it price.
And I think I'm done beatin' the horse!

Amen.

#39 7 years ago

GLWS

#40 7 years ago

Definitely not a fake add. OP is asking opinions on how to sell and sounds like inviting anyone over to check it out if they have interest. Fake adds are "im out of town on business... or, I just moved and the pin is in another location, please send the money and I'll have my shipper drop if off to you."

#41 7 years ago

Not good enough....only doing a handstand in the pic proves it's real....... .....c'mon.....did you see that pic of Gary with the surfboard....???!!!................Joey

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm trying to figure the logic here

Everyone here would have happily snatched this up for $2k on the quiet downlow...but now that it's out of the bag, nobody wants to see someone else steal it away...with that said, how much would you have sold this for after a quick wipe down?

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Everyone here would have happily snatched this up for $2k on the quiet downlow...but now that it's out of the bag, nobody wants to see someone else steal it away...with that said, how much would you have sold this for after a quick wipe down?

Me? I don't know, $3500-$4000, assuming I bought it cheap enough to make a quick profit. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it because it isn't a good game, not a title I want, and I have space issues.

i'd also be willing to help move it, break it down, take it apart and take photos of the boards, underside of cabinet, underneath playfield, as well as playtest it for an hour or so and make sure everything is working and note any issues.

These are all things the current seller is unable and/or unwilling to do, by her own admission and by the laws of common sense.

In this case, I really think an offer of $3000-$3500 from a reliable pinside buyer is completely fair and presents a low hassle sale for a seller who is just trying to help her sister in law out. Everybody would be happy.

#44 7 years ago

Hold out till Christmas....!!!.........Joey

#45 7 years ago

Fxdwg, once again no PM capabilities sorry. You are welcome to come take a look at it. She did say however 4k is her minimum. Let me know if this changes your mind. If not she will be calling to set up a time.

One more thing, the pinside market forced me to include 2006 as the date on the game. I am assuming this is the only year it was made but don't want you to drive 2 hrs to be dissapointed it's not a 2006!

#46 7 years ago

"So I have a Family Guy which was a gift to me, and delivered new in a box. I don't know anything about it other than I play it rarely and want to sell it. Can you guys help me figure out what it is worth??"

Pinsiders "$6500 now and by Christmas ask $10K!!!"

We have officially broken our own economy and created the insane pricing flooding the market currently. Congratulations!

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

We have officially broken our own economy and created the insane pricing flooding the market currently. Congratulations!

Just sit tight...listen to spinning wheel in times like this.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Sprinsd:

Fxdwg, once again no PM capabilities sorry. You are welcome to come take a look at it. She did say however 4k is her minimum. Let me know if this changes your mind. If not she will be calling to set up a time.
One more thing, the pinside market forced me to include 2006 as the date on the game. I am assuming this is the only year it was made but don't want you to drive 2 hrs to be dissapointed it's not a 2006!

To be honest at 4K before even coming down there I am out. And that's ok it just wasn't meant to be. If she changes her mind my original pm still stands. I'd come and take a look at it. Like others here have said I'm guessing if everything on it is nice and working no broken parts and the cabinet is not damaged from moving it around this machine is probably in the 2800 to 3800 range. (I'm not sure what stern sold this game for new.)

Let me know if things change on it.

Also, I will add, I'm not a pin flipper. It would go in our game room and get lots of love, use and enjoyment!! That is for sure.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

To be honest at 4K before even coming down there I am out. And that's ok it just wasn't meant to be. If she changes her mind my original pm still stands. I'd come and take a look at it. Like others here have said I'm guessing if everything on it is nice and working no broken parts and the cabinet is not damaged from moving it around this machine is probably in the 2800 to 3800 range. (I'm not sure what stern sold this game for new.)
Let me know if things change on it.

Dude offer up your phone number or email and do this in private...this entire thread is just a big bowl of wrong!

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Sprinsd:

The game was only produced in '06 so no worries.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA
$ 26.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 218.00
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-selling-pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.