• 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by egyptrus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-721.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago

Kyle,

I have never sold any higher end pins but from what I have seen and my personal experience selling under $3000 machines the best way to sell machines is to price them at the lower end of retail value for a quick sale and never look back.

Using Jurassic Park for example (since I have experience with that machine) and calling it a $1800 to $2200 machine. Instead of asking a crazy price like $2800 for it figuring you might get lucky and find someone really looking for one you are better off listing it at $1900 to $2100 and more or less holding fairly firm on price.

Way to often these days I am seeing crazy prices on machines and within a day or two the sellers have already posted 2 or 3 times with "price drop" on their machine. Start with a realistic asking price and machines will sell quickly this time of year.

A couple things to remember - first off - if you sell off all your machines and head down a different path you can always buy machines again if you decide you want machines again. Yes - you might sell at a loss or have to pay more later to replace a machine but if you truly need to head down a different road - long or short term - nothing says you can't replace any machine you are selling later on if you want to.

Second - think it over and don't do anything without giving it a good bit of thought. But once you decide to sell just sell machines as they are. Don't remove parts like shakers trying to milk a few extra dollars on machines. This will just make it harder on you for a longer period of time.

And lastly - selling machines one at a time will net you more money (normally at least 10% more per machine).

Regardless what you decide to do - best of luck to you. Life changes and making changes as life changes is sometimes hard but in the long run all will work out.

As far as best places to sell - that varies from area to area but Pinside, RGP, Mr Pinball and Craig's List are all good places to start. Why pay fees somewhere like eBay when there are so many free places to list machines?

Just my 2 cents on things!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

16,500 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-selling-out?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.