• 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by egyptrus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-721.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hollywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi.
Due to some potential changes I might need to make in my life I was just looking to see if anyone may be able to give me advice on selling some/all machines? I am wondering what kind of prices I should expect in return on some of my current games. I have checked Pinside and everywhere else and can't seem to find out exactly what I should be looking at getting? I am not a flipper, I just cannot lose my shirt in this......

First:

1. Is it better to look for bulk sales, or sell individually?
2. Can a Mod add to the value of a game? Is it crazy to think it should?
3. Is it best to list on ebay, CL, Kijiji and Pinside?

Very briefly these are the games I am thinking of selling:

METLE (108): original owner, less that 150 plays. Bought 15 months ago. Mods: Shaker, Creeping death, all Hemi lighting, Mezel cemetery arch and snake fangs, PBL Mini Guitars, all cliffys, pinbits plastic protectors, other non significant. Mint Condition.

ACDC Prem: original owner, less than 100 plays. Bought this past June (no cloudy window). Mods: Shaker, PBL black lightning bolts, Hemi "new" cannon, all Hemi lighting, Mezel Bell cover, bass drums, PBL guitar, Brian and Angus figures, Leon's Jukebox mod, all cliffys, pinbits plastic protectors, other non significant. Mint Condition.

LOTR: was routed. Great shape. All new plastics from Stern, body armour, All new figures with weapons, extra figures added (Gimli, Legolas, Boramir, Ringwraiths), Hemi PoTD mod, Jays 3rd gen Palantir, new Ring ramp, ring and funnel. LED light kit from PBB, pinbits plastic protectors and PoTD diverters, full cliffy's, target decals. Other non significant mods. I would say cabinet is an 8.5-9 (couple rubs on the head) and playfield an 8.5-9 (shooter lane is not perfect and there is some Shire wear that is covered).

IJ: Assume routed? Bought in great shape. All cliffys, pinbits protectors. I have a brand new unopened decal set bought from BAA 3 years ago (scared to attempt an install)! New POA motor, opto board, new flipper optos, new drop bank targets, decals. Back panel light mod not installed. Various lighting upgrades. Mods: Ark, Bi-Plane propellor, Blimp, tank, mine-cart, lost plastic, rolling boulder (sucks), Indy holding the LED Skull, Various other trinkets scattered around the game. Cabinet is a 9 (just fade, but I have the decals), playfield is a 9-9.5 (no raised inserts and the shooter lane looks great).

JP: Assume routed? My first pin. All Cliffys, pinbits protectors, CT lighting, Papo Dino's, Licensed JP raptors scattered, Scoop light mod from down under, painted trees, power ball to simulate Raptor egg.
Cabinet 8 (the lower cab is excellent, but someone tried to colour match the red on top to cover a scratch and turned out poorly - so I say 8 - no scratches or gouges). Playfield 9-9.5 (only because there is some wear near the T-Rex hole - shooter lane looks great as do all inserts).

SWDE: Currently at my restaurant. All Cliffys, Pinbits protectors, new plastics where needed, LED's scattered. I don't really want to sell this game as people flock to it at my restaurant. I feel like I am helping bring pinball back by having it there for everyone to ogle and play. I know it is not the best game but it transcends generations more than my others. My only fear is that it is such great condition, it might be detrimental to keep it near greasy paws!!! Cabinet is 8 (bottom cab is great, no fade anywhere, top has a gouge out from being moved I am guessing? Colours are rich and vibrant). Playfield is at least a 9. I have had ops through and they say it is the nicest SW they have ever seen.

I won't even mention my MMRLE coming...sigh

Sorry for the long post, I do not want to be a bother. I might not be even looking to sell as I really, truly love this hobby. I am just going through some personal issues at the moment and this is the only way I know how to keep my mind off things. I hope you cut me some slack (not on pricing). I just want to know what I should be looking at getting price wise (based on my descriptions. Sorry no pics yet - take my word).
Thanks for any help you guys and girls may be able to give. I sincerely appreciate it.

Kyle

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

as for #2, it depends. a lot of people will tell you mods don't add anything to the sale price of a game, and most probably don't. but if it's something like ColorDMD I think people generally are successful recouping at least some of its cost upon resale.

Pez...What about shakers? PoTD mod?
I might be better off stripping and selling mods separate?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Pinsiders can be critical in for sale adds, but usually it's because a lot of us tend to be very picky on condition and like to see fair deals. The people that get eaten up the most, and rightly so, are those that try to misrepresent what they have.

I learned early to be honest. I would never take advantage of anyone. Everything I am aware of would be disclosed for sure. I once bought a pin to donate to a firehall (conveniently Fire!). My uncle is the fire chief and I wanted his hall to have it. I overpaid to get it at the time and once he found out, he said he couldn't take it on principle alone. I just should have left it at the door! LOL!

#21 9 years ago

Thanks for the input everyone. I hope I will make choices I won't regret.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hollywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-selling-out?tu=hollywood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.