7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0224.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Got a HUO LOTR last week. Playfield and plastics are in great shape and I want to keep them that way. I need advice on how to protect everything.

What products are the best and where should I buy them?

I am also missing one of the figures, the ringwraith. Does anyone know where I can find one?

#2 7 years ago

As far as protecting your plastics #1 choice at pinbits:
    http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_48&products_id=320

Protect high wear areas #1 choice is cliffy protectors:
    http://www.passionforpinball.com/lotr.htm

not sure where to get the missing character.

Have fun the game is AMAZING especially in HUO condition!

#3 7 years ago

pinbits.com has a good line of plastic protection parts for LOTR. I bought all of them for mine.

#5 7 years ago

Also, you may want to put a small piece of clear plexi at the back of the shire because many here have said that the ball hitting the vertical plastic has caused the vertical plastic to break at the rivets.

I just used a box cutter and cut about a 1x1 inch piece of lexan and used some double sided tape to hold it behind the metal bracket that the vertical plastic is mounted to. You will not even be able to see the tape if you do it correctly.

#6 7 years ago

Rob, Here are the pics you requested of the custom protector for the riveted shire vertical plastic.
    I took them through the glass so they may not be the best. The plastic is not something you would notice unless you were looking for it from the shooter's perspective or from the sides.

IMG_0225.jpg IMG_0223.jpg IMG_0224.jpg

#7 7 years ago

On the third pic, it is a view from above and behind. You can see the little thin piece of white double sided tape just a little and it is attached behind the stainless steel part so it is not visible for the player. There is a little gap between the added plastic and the riveted plastic and it seems to be holding its position with no problems.

One other note, it looks better in person than in pictures. In pinball, everything seems to look worse in pictures than in reality.

#8 7 years ago

Thanks for all the advice. I am going to buy the plastic protectors from pinbits and the cliffy protectors for the holes.

Like the idea of plexi to the back of the shire and will do that.

Just purchased the ringwraith from the ebay using the link provided.

Should I do anything to protect the playfield from wear?

4 months later
    #9 7 years ago

Update, I used velcro instead of double sided tape to hold the custom protector onto the vertical mounting portion. The double sided tape was tearing because it is made of foam and velcro does not have that problem. The velcro has been holding the protector for many months now without any problems.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 109.99
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    $ 100.00
    $ 15.45
    Gameroom - Decorations
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 14.95
    Various Novelties
    Allteksystems
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    € 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Dystopian Mods Italia
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 60.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside