(Topic ID: 206730)

Need advice on next pinball purchase.....

By Sonora70

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Flowst
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Doing something I never thought I would do, I would like to purchase a “new type” pinball. Something not more than 6-8 years old up to new. I have very little playing experience on these type of games which is the reason for this post. I would prefer to have a band theme, I would like to stay below $4500 (less would be better), I want to purchase something that tends to hold value, and fun. Band theme not required, just preferred.

I’m in the process of selling some other pins to offset the cost, but ready if price is right.

#2 1 year ago

AC/DC done.

#3 1 year ago

Met pro for starters.

#4 1 year ago

MET sounds like the only choice that's a band and fits your price. Nothing holds its value.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from indybru:

Met pro for starters.

This is probably your best Bang for the Buck newer band game. Easy choice really. AC/DC is ok, but it's score based, not mode based, although it does take a bit to get to the Crank It Up modes. Still a lot more going on.

Kiss is a real sleeper in this range too. It's very balanced and polished AND it's getting another code update. Where Metallica has a lot of bash toys, Kiss has more flow. It'll be cheaper than MET. There are a billion METs out there. Kiss didn't sell nearly as well.

Best,deepest non-band new pin in that range I'd choose a Spider-Man.

#6 1 year ago

Thx for the info, of the bands ACDC is by far my favorite. The only thing that bothers me about that game is the art. Just don’t like the big face of Angus on the play field. The Vault ed is a little better. I’ve been looking at some Aerosmith games, lots of them for sale. Not my favorite band, but I like the graphics. Something tells me the bottom will fall out of the Aerosmith game in a year or so. Good and bad reviews as normal but I wonder if some are just defending their purchase?

#7 1 year ago

Aerosmith pro is a great deal.

$4,500 should get you a machine in like brand new condition.

Met Pro LED is great also !!

#9 1 year ago

Acdc pro art is pretty bad but game play is great. MET is the full package and the pro plays fantastic. Aerosmith is fun and has some cool shots. If you like iron maiden you could wait and see ifnit will be released soon

#10 1 year ago

I own MeTLE but really enjoy Aerosmith.....seems more straightforward old school pinball to me....

#11 1 year ago

Well.....I did it. I honestly never thought I would buy a new pinball machine but it's done. I bought a new Metallica Pro. My daughter and I went to a location that had one and I didn't want to stop playing! Hopefully it won't grow old soon, seems to be quite a bit there to keep me busy. Not a big Metallica fan, but seems like a great pinball and I really like the looks of it. Thanks for the advice.

#12 1 year ago

Advice? Start saving for your next 4 pins

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.00
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    $ 235.00
    Boards
    RS Technologies
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 229.99
    Displays
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside