Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bluespin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I’m looking to add to my collection of late EMs from the 70s and early SSs. I’ve bought all 4 of my pins off EBay that were within driving distance but they rarely come up like that and when they do they are mostly way overpriced. Surrounding cities Craigslists are a cesspool with few actual pins.

Looking for some savvy tips for locating pins in just about any salvageable condition from some of you guys on here. C’mon give up your secrets and help a brother out.

#10 4 years ago

Lots of great tips that are really helpful. Thanks for the responses. Hopefully I can post pics of a purchase here soon. Right now I’m looking to add 2 pins to my small collection.

It’s funny, I’m a professional residential Painter and have been for 26 years and I always thought I’d run into customers that had old pins in their basements that they’d let go cheap but that’s not been the case. While I was dreaming of finding a Bally Black Jack EM tucked away somewhere I came across one older grandmother that had a Williams Strat-O-Flite in her basement and I asked her to let me know if she ever wanted to get rid of it and she said she might but she heard it was worth about $7000-$8000. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that it might fetch $400 on EBay.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Join a pinball league and network.
    Are you going to any pinball shows this year? There are pinball shows In Louisville, Nashville, Chicago, York PA, Allentown PA and a couple in Ohio. If you’re going to one of these shows look for a forum like the one below. Post what you are looking for and arrange a deal prior to the show.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2019-southern-fried-gaming-expo-for-sale-and-wanted-thread-

Thanks for the advice. They did have an arcade expo here in Louisville back in March. I was looking forward to going but the list of pins at the show was 90% post-1980 pins with only a few from the 1968-1979 era, which is pretty much my thing. I’ll keep my eye out though.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Pins find you. You don't find them. Run while you can before they take over your home and life.

That’s the cold truth, just like every stray animal ends up finding my wife and me at our house.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-finding-pins?tu=Sea_Wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.