Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jwwhite15
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhelp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 12 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I am going to look at an Earthshaker & F-14 locally this weekend.
F-14: Asking $2800
Seller's Description: The F-14 has an upgraded CPU. The machine itself is in near perfect condition and has been fully restored, not shopped. It is also a "prototype" game that they say only 10 of like this were produced. The game has a 1 year warranty.
Earthshaker; Asking $3400
Seller's description to me is: The Earthshaker is one of the nicest I have seen. Cabinet, playfield, and backglass are all 10, fully restored. Electronic upgrades to CPU and other boards and 1 year warranty.
I don't mind paying top dollar for machines in excellent condition, but I wanted to know what others think about the pricing and if they are fair for the condition and restoration work that has been done.

That guy is asking way too much. The machine at best are worth half of what he's asking. It's a bad deal. Neither of those games are very rare. If you are patient, you'll pick them up at much better prices. The F14 proto thing is not worth any more than a regular game. I bet I know which machine that is and it's only "proto" because it has some light sockets in a place that is unusual.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Everything you said in your first post is meaningless. "A sellers" description of his games is useless.

I second this. I have never purchased a game that was 100%... ever, even when they said it was "100% working" it never was. There are always things wrong. You have to factor this in the price.

btw, in the 2012 price guide, F-14 is listed at $925, and ES is $1250. IMO, the only reason to pay more is if the game is in superlative condition (i.e. spotless playfield and backglass, HUO, major work done to it) -- if the game is just a decent-condition game that was routed and shopped, yet works 100% then the above prices are a guideline of what you should pay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhelp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-buying-expensive-f-14-earthshaker?tu=pinballhelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.