Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jwwhite15
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeff_phx_az.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Everything you said in your first post is meaningless. "A sellers" description of his games is useless. If you want to pay those types of crazy high prices, stick with an established reputable restorer.
"high end restored" is probably a load of bullshit. There is a reason people buy games from people like Chris Hutchens, Brian Kelly or the Treasure Cove guys. People might not always agree with their prices, but you know exactly what you're getting.
"High end restore" from "a seller" sounds like a sure fire way to get screwed.
Besides, what is an electronics upgrade to a CPU board in a system 11? Does that mean he bought a rottendog board? Does it mean he did a remote battery holder?
If this guy was legit, he would say things like "had playfield touch up and clear coated by X" Notice how there is no mention of new ramps or plastics etc.
My 2 cents.

Listen to this guy here^^^ If your willing to pay that much for those titles, check with above mentioned, YOU will thank us in the end! I paid to much for my High Speed ($1500, which included delivery and set-up) and although it works 100% and I slowly been fixing it up cosmetically. I will never buy blind again. I called a dealer in North Phoenix, and he ran down the list of machines, and one of them was HS and I remembered it from my Teen years so I told him to e-mail me pictures and I saw a bit of the cabinet wear, but my anxious behavior and the owning a pin "wow factor" I jump the gun and gave him my debit card number and the next day they delievered and set-it up. But never again will i do it that way. I have never bought a vehicle that way so dont know what i was thinking, but I know now what to look for! But, like i said its been 100% in the 4 1/2 years mechanical cant complain really as i have only had to do a flipper rebuild and replace a bank of stoplight targets --ALL EASY STUFF, its just the cosmetics that need attention. I just got to damn excited and anxious! i'am not ever going to sell it as it reminds me of playing it at arcades when I was teen back in 86', it's about the nostalgia to me and I know I wont ever get my money back!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J
Other
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeff_phx_az.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-buying-expensive-f-14-earthshaker?tu=jeff_phx_az and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.