Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jwwhite15
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 12 years ago

You need to slow down. You seem to be looking for advice here, and not taking it, and defending this guy. So many people in this hobby have been bent over and f'd in the ass by so called restorers who are simply flippers.

A fully restored F14 would take a lot, as the PF's are usually in bad shape. This guy is likely full of shit, and has maybe novus 2's it, and changed the easy to get to rubbers.

Did he send you photos? Have this done and post these. You should be concerned with resale, and you will NEVER see close to this return again.

I love F14, and have one myself, but those prices are insane.

These comments are made to assist you. I know how excited you are, but listen the warnings here. Maybe he is the real deal, but post photos.

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I do agree he has a premium on the machines but I doubt he just took a rag to the play top. He didn't send photos because I am going to look at them in person.

I have no commitment to buy these, just set up an app. to look at them.

I promise I have not ignored any of your comments and I am not defending the seller, just providing the info he provided me.

Early production is white dome lights on the rear panel, proto is very rare, and has a different serial, and a less eventful cab. I'm betting it is a early production - no increase in value.

Fully restored would mean PF stripped, inserts lowered (run your hand over it), PF clear coated, Cab repainted, all pop/flippers/slings rebuilt, yakov and spinner stickers replaced, new balls, new plastic set if chips or marks in the old, new or painted coin door, and a ton of other things. the sky is the limit.

I know you think we are all dwelling on the idea of whether it is actually restored rather than the price, but that is because I would bet my left nut that 10% of what I mentioned isn't done.

Take these points with you and clarify if any of this was done, and when he says "no, no.... um, no, no one does that..., where did you get this stuff..." you will then realise that you are dealing with someone that, again, has likely gave the machine a cleaning, and is flipping.

THEN you can take photos, post here, and we can give you advice of what is needed and what the price should be.

IF those things are done, which they aren't, but if, hell, I'll take them for $5,000.

Again, trying to save you from making what may be an expensive lesson.

#63 12 years ago

At least you got to see a bunch and learn.

#66 12 years ago

You bastard! A BSD with a cc'd PF??? How did you luck out with that...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashua, NH
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-buying-expensive-f-14-earthshaker?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.