(Topic ID: 146096)

Need Advice on Best Tournament Setup (Black Hole / Haunted House)

By davebart5

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0188.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hi Pinsiders,

I need some advice. This past weekend I had a party at my house and of course a main feature of the night was a nice gathering around my Black Hole and Haunted House. It was so much fun having drinks, music, a bonfire and (8) close friends competitively playing these two games for almost 7 hours. It was also cool to see non pin-heads go nuts over them and want to buy for their homes.

Now, I'm inspired to setup a monthly tournament here and wanted to see if anyone has any advice on how these two games would be best played. Of course, if you have any insight into 2 game / 10 player tournaments in general, I would truly appreciate the help as well.

I want to make sure both games are used, and that both games are played evenly amongst the players. I'm afraid if I do random game selection for each round or match, then someone's going to get stuck on BH all night for his rounds and be disappointed. HH was way more popular that night and I think it's because A.) HH is beautiful B.) BH kicks your ass real quick

Also, my HH has a Pascal PI-80 board inside and I can set a top 5 score setting with initials if that helps with any planning. The BH is simply original boards.

Here is what I was originally thinking:

- $10 per entry towards winner take-all pot

- Head to Head

- 3 ball rounds

- No extra ball

- Tilt loses player entire round

Now, do I have it that you are randomly selected an opponent each round and randomly selected game with a 3 strikes and your out of the tournament?

Head to head (double or single elimination) bracket tournament separately for each game and the winner from each tournament faces off for a combined high score of both games from one final death match?

Any other funky setups recommended like a time based, or individual game scoring based and everything is tallied at the end?

Thank you to anyone who shares any thoughts here.

IMG_0188.jpgIMG_0188.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-on-best-tournament-setup-black-hole-haunted-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.