Need advice - Hurricane, Cyclone, and Comet

By forensicd

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a chance to purchase all 3 as a set, any idea what a good price is on these? All seem to work fine, good displays, comet is worse of the bunch. Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Sold individually....Comet $700 hurricane $1,350 cyclone $1,500. Give or take. Get all 3 for $3,000

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from pinplayerinva:

Sold individually....Comet $700 Hurricane $1,350 cyclone $1,500. Give or take. Get all 3 for $3,000

Plus one on this, this is spot on.

#4 8 years ago

Thats what I was thinking, 3k or so.

#5 8 years ago

So much depends on playfield wear. I think for average wear, these numbers are accurate. I'd pay more for excellent playfields.

#6 8 years ago

Start lower than 3k. Here's why:

seller probably wants all three out at once. He's desperate. Not many people are going to lug all three out. Start low man!

#7 8 years ago

Take your 3000 and buy one better game, as all three of these games suck. More is not better, owned all three and all are gone.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Take your 3000 and buy one better game, as all three of these games suck. More is not better, owned all three and all are gone.

I'd agree except for cyclone. One of the best, most iconic pins of all time.

#9 8 years ago

Cyclone is a really good game. I had a comet and it got boring fast

#10 8 years ago

I don't own one yet but a Comet ended up at my local arcade and I'm obsessed with it. Got to this thread by looking through Comet threads in the archive. It has that dark (literally kind of poorly-lit and run-down that machine particularly, adds to the nostalgia for me personally) 80's feel to it (incandescents in that one) and that old pin feel is awesome on top of the music and stuff, almost seems kind of creepy. Love the theme on it. If I could get one I for sure would, simple pin for some but I love it. Just depends on what kind of games you like and enjoy. I love the SS era and the styles of pinball machines through-out it, even if they seem too simple for some. To each their own. What do you like, OP? Do you think you would like these games? Then grab them. If not, maybe don't. (or resell, ehhhhh)

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I don't own one yet but a Comet ended up at my local arcade and I'm obsessed with it. Got to this thread by looking through Comet threads in the archive. It has that dark (literally kind of poorly-lit and run-down that machine particularly, adds to the nostalgia for me personally) 80's feel to it (incandescents in that one) and that old pin feel is awesome on top of the music and stuff, almost seems kind of creepy. Love the theme on it. If I could get one I for sure would, simple pin for some but I love it. Just depends on what kind of games you like and enjoy. I love the SS era and the styles of pinball machines through-out it, even if they seem too simple for some. To each their own. What do you like, OP? Do you think you would like these games? Then grab them. If not, maybe don't. (or resell, ehhhhh)

....gotta agree with this, pinball taste is far and wide. One pinheads junk is another's treasure. Love alot of machines others don't seem to like. Personally these would not be for me, but dosnt mean their not for you. For instance I think hurricanes the best of this bunch while others think not. Minty playfields are hard to find on these titles and may raise the price somewhat.

#12 8 years ago

Had Comet twice. Loved the game. Cyclone is also a very family fun game. Never played Hurricane so couldn't say. price could run from $2500 to $3500 for trio.
Man, I would love to find all 3 together like this!!!

#13 8 years ago

The Python triumvirate!
He won't get $5k for them. I think 3.5 or less is decent.

#14 8 years ago

I've had Cyclone for many years while other pins and have come and gone.

#15 8 years ago

Hurricane is almost always the lowest rated of the trilogy. The two ramp shots in Hurricane sure are fun, though. I get a blast just trying to shoot those repeatedly. However, that's about all the machine is good for.

I saw one person who put in lightning flippers on Hurricane and it did make it a lot more difficult.

#16 8 years ago

Over the last year I have had all three float thru my collection. They all have positives and negatives. None are keepers for me, although Cyclone comes closest (absolutely love the theme, the art, and the sound package). Comet is the best bang for your buck of the three. Hurricane is a blast for a few weeks before it begins to get old.

Sold individually....Comet $700 Hurricane $1,350 cyclone $1,500. Give or take. Get all 3 for $3,000

This is spot on with what I am seeing, assuming average player condition.

#17 8 years ago

If you decide not to get these please let me know. I would be happy to take these off the owners hands..

#18 8 years ago

When people come over to play surprisingly Comet is one that always gets play from the non-pinheads. I love mine, it will never leave.

#19 8 years ago

ebay.com link: Williams Cyclone Hurricane Comet Pinball Game

Here is a link for all 3 I seen together paulywalnuts23

#20 8 years ago

In the PNW, if you could get all three for 3K, folks would be tripping over themselves to get that deal.
Ain't no 3 for 3 deals around here.
And I don't own any of these so that's not owner wishful inflation.
My brother recently bought a hurricane locally for $1600, which was really clean.
Compared to those asking 1800-2200 (and not selling btw), I think he did OK.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from bkaelin:

In the PNW, if you could get all three for 3K, folks would be tripping over themselves to get that deal.
Ain't no 3 for 3 deals around here.
And I don't own any of these so that's not owner wishful inflation.
My brother recently bought a Hurricane locally for $1600, which was really clean.
Compared to those asking 1800-2200 (and not selling btw), I think he did OK.

True that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-hurricane-cyclone-and-comet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.