Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Texas (resized).png
    Tennessee (resized).png
    565DD461-7143-47D7-97E6-08D76FF066FE (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20201020-231539_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Great school system where they still say the pledge of allegiance, teach real history, and don't indoctrinate the kids

Yes, nothing like forcing religion on kids that can't yet decide for themselves, forcing them to mindlessly recite some "patriotic" nonsense they don't understand the point of, deciding what is "real" history, and moving to the most conservative bubble possible to NOT "indoctrinate" your kids...

It sounds like a time machine to 1940s Alabama may be your best bet.

#51 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

You cannot disagree that history is being rewritten these days or at least not taught.

I honestly don't know what this means but I don't have the energy to argue about it either.

Quoted from jawjaw:

OP is just looking for a better place to raise family.

He's looking for a white, conservative, idealistic Pleasantville to raise his family, without having to worry about "crime" and the "libs" corrupting the youth of America with their crazy ideas and socilaism!

I personally don't care where he wants to move it's just depressing to read why he wants to move there. Wild to me people still think this way in 2020.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

So ignorant. Im surprised you didnt infer that the op was racist.

I'm sure the irony of this will be lost on you, but calling me ignorant for not wanting to live in a bubble is some impressive mental gymnastics. Only eclipsed by your second statement using "infer" incorrectly in a way that when read actually implies that YOU think the op is racist. Very well played.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Is it that hard to understand wanting to move away from a community that has high taxes, bad politics, bad performing schools, and high costs of living?

Well, in this case it sounds like he is preparing for high taxes, is concerned with the patriotism of the school more than the quality of the education, and is looking at a house over half a million dollars, so it sounds like none of those are his concern.

Bad politics is completely subjective but if your politics and beliefs are compromised by where you live they probably weren't that important to you anyway.

#62 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Absolutely no idea what you are saying now.

That's very obvious.

All the things you are saying he wants to leave behind are things he included in is first post that he will be looking for or taking on in his new location. He is not running from any of these things you mention, but rather moving to them.

Quoted from jawjaw:

You seem to have a problem with patriotism and amount of money op has to spend on a home.

I have neither. I think its super weird that the pledge of allegiance is what makes his (or anyone's) list as a good school. I don't recall anyone tallying up the number of times I had to recite it when applying to college or before I got a promotion at work.

I only mentioned money because you brought it up (twice - taxes and cost of living). I don't care how much money he has or how he spends it. My point was if you're spending alot of money on a house and acknowledge you're going to have a large tax bill, "cost of living" probably isn't a large factor in your decision.

Anyway, I'll leave you to it before I get moderated ha since it's not going to matter anyway.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Lol, but encouraging 8 year olds to question their sexuality is what quality public schooling should be doing

Yeah, outside of weird alt-right imaginations you know this isn't a real thing...right?

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

I knew you couldn't leave it alone. You will not get moderated anyway. You must not have watched the town hall with Joe, he and the mother(?) of one such 8 year old were slobbering all over each other.

Leave what alone? I don't follow. You tuned into the "fake news" to watch someone you hate do things you hate? This thread is wild ha.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grantopia.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-from-the-texans?tu=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.