Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by mof
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Texas (resized).png
    Tennessee (resized).png
    565DD461-7143-47D7-97E6-08D76FF066FE (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20201020-231539_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

We like Idaho a lot, but it looks like we're late to the party. We're seeing $800k properties in the greater Boise area we could've bought for $600k 3-4 months ago, I kid you not. It is out of hand there, and we're not keen to get bent over for $200k due to current market insanity.

Wow, that's crazy. I guess supply and demand, not a huge housing stock in Boise so even a modest bump in in-movers smoked out of Cali could really move the market. Hope you get a good price for your old place.

#25 3 years ago

I’ve never lived in Texas, but check those flood maps carefully if you’re buying in a costal area or a hurricane zone. Would suck to trade fire for flood.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

You cannot disagree that history is being rewritten these days or at least not taught.

Many would disagree with your suggestion that what we all learned in the classroom back in the day was the “real history” that’s now being perverted and hidden, but then we’d essentially be debating politics (school board politics, but still). Which isn’t where OP was going with this. He did a bit of editorializing in his first post, of course, but it was mainly in service of explaining what he’s looking for in a new hometown, which seems fair enough. I don’t have to agree with him or what he says he wants out of life to respect his right to go out and try to find it.

Quoted from jawjaw:

There is also no denying some schools and communities are better than others.

I don’t think anyone would deny that, though this thread underlines that those are both highly subjective judgments.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

One party has full control.

Are you looking for a state where you can bank on the other party having full control? If so take a close look at more recent voting trends and demographics in Texas, it may be trending toward a purple future that you wouldn’t enjoy. If you can tolerate a purple state so long as your hometown is red that gives you a lot more flexibility. But if statewide politics are a bigger concern than local politics, you might be better off picking a more rural red state where it’s harder to imagine much changing politically in the next 10-20 years.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

When I moved from the greater Boston area to Signal Mountain Tennessee I couldn’t believe what happened to my life.

Your pinside location is still listed as Marblehead MA - quit living in the past!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-from-the-texans?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.