Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 333 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.48.47 PM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220912-230607_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230425_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230459_Video Player (resized).jpg
    73 (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    mouse-spotlight-sml (resized).jpg
    yuup.gif
    s-l400-1 (resized).jpg
    2bdca3c137fb1909eafdaae4124125c0.jpg
    37q6ch (resized).jpg
    20200916_195156 (resized).jpg
    magic_hate_ball (resized).jpg
    output_MCqaSl.gif
    ecc56d375663fe37eac35ccd59b3c9355ebfb2ec.gif
    i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 3 years ago

Autodlr is good ole Diablo? Upset in PM that he is accused of being Diablo, but has nothing to say about being accused of ripping off someone of $2K ???

Um yeah, it's all good, right?

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

For the sake of transparency, someone here (name removed at their request) was successful in getting responses to his PM's by the seller's brother who wrote the following:
    "Removed because I was just informed sharing a PM is against site rules"

Wait, clarify this for me(and anyone else that might be going huh?) A pinsider was able to get PM's from the seller's(AUTODLR) brother? Well, what are the excuses being given?

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno. Hope it's true, but smells like BS. Good cop/bad cop routine.

Sure does. Dear brother doesn't have his own computer or account, but loves pinside? Maybe brother's name is Diablo?

#120 3 years ago

Actually the brother routine is a crock of shit. Autodlr has been on Pinside within the last few hours or so.

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

He badgered this fella constantly. My 'favourite' entry is Derek G telling OP, in EARLY 2020, that he is 'out of work'. Like that matters. Buddy, you were paid for a machine, and didn't ship. Reprehensible conduct.

Oh you are out of work? Now you have plenty of time to ship me my f*cking machine! Total scumbag, total liar, and a thief. He was hoping that you would eventually go away because you were from the States and have no recourse. Just like that douche bag Mike D. and his scam of Mad Amusements.

#139 3 years ago

AUTODLR has been on Pinside within the last 2 hours or so. Time wise, Pinside is 7 hours ahead of me and it shows AUTODLR has already visited 9/17/2020.

How is getting that machine shipped or a refund going?

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Update: Seller's brother has PM'ed me to discuss arrangements for a refund and 'fair compensation' for the troubles. As Winston mentioned above, I provided a deadline of 10/1/20 for this refund or delivery of the machine.

I got it! He is going to send you a money order for $5000. You get your $2000 refund and $1000 for your "troubles", but PLEASE send him back the $2000 difference.

2 weeks later
    #203 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Sorry I did not forget about you guys or providing an update. Running into another small complication here, will report back soon.

I would have to assume that "small complication" involves not getting your refund?

#232 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

He pointed out that when he got to the bank, they stated I forgot to give him the International routing number or "ISBN" (which is true, I didn't know it was a thing) and that the bank was going to send him back to me to get it but instead researched it themselves, then suggested to send the $500 first to ensure the information was correct. Does that make any sense?

Right? Why all the elaborate stories? None of it's going to change the outcome if it's all BS.

I sincerely hope you are done with this bullshit and you serve this bastard to be in court. Hell , file criminal charges too.

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Hello everyone. So you guessed it! We’ve made absolutely zero progress with this guy…
    Legal action will continue to move forward.
    That said, need to share with you some enlightening information.
    It’s been brought to my attention that “Derek Gardener” is (likely) Ivo Martin Jebsen. I imagine some of our Canadian friends from out that way are familiar with that name as I understand he tries to be a part of the pinball community there. For those not in the know, here’s some links to help describe what kind of wonderful character we’re dealing with here:
    https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/man-faces-charges-in-internet-scam-1.717264
    https://user.xmission.com/~daina/blacklist.html#IvoJebsen
    https://rec.games.video.arcade.collecting.narkive.com/KhK6bGtB/anyone-in-calgary-in-this-group
    https://www.amvic.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/21-Nov-2019-Directors-Order-JEBSEN-Ivo-Martin-1.pdf
    Known crook and scam artist will summarize it nicely.
    I understand Ivo, who goes by Martin, sold an LE Decepticon Transformers with no legs and missing coin box last year on craigslist (or maybe it was Kijiji?) to someone else in Canada North of Calgary. The story goes that his wife Lisa was divorcing him, and took the legs and coinbox out of spite, and he needed to sell it for the cash. What a coincidence!!!!
    It just so happens when I call his number, several, several times over the past couple years, I get Lisa’s voicemail. Weird that Derek’s wife is a Lisa too huh?!
    You will also note in a couple of those links, other aliases used by Martin include the last name Gartner and Cory Gardner. Sounds strangely familiar to Derek’s last name…
    And finally, from someone whose had dealings with Martin before, they were able to precisely describe how Derek writes an email, with little spacing, no capitalization and not much for punctuation.
    As mentioned before, I understand he’s known throughout that community, and if anyone has any other inside information they would like to share to make mine and Winston’s pursuit a little easier, would appreciate a response or PM. Your information, identity and involvement will be kept confidential as requested.
    BTW, thank you pingod for seeing this and spelling it out earlier. I’m foolish for not catching your original post that would probably have clued us in earlier, but that name didn’t mean anything to me at the time.

Unfortunately, I believe it's very easy to come to conclusion that there NEVER was a machine.

#249 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

In better news, the initial $500 he sent showed up in my account. Maybe there's hope yet?

Since we all know he is reading this thread on a daily basis, my guess would be the $500 was sent to pacify you from any legal action. Interesting the money shows up as soon as you reveal who he really is.

On the other hand, I would almost be afraid where the $500 came from, or better yet, who it came from? If this dude is really the con man it appears he is, did someone wake up $500 short in their bank account this morning?

#253 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

He just got a 'deposit' from another mark.

My exact thought

#264 3 years ago

Any updates?

#266 3 years ago

My guess is the the O.P. has allowed the attorney to do his stuff and all will be quiet until a court date is set and Derick "Martin" Gardener is served with papers.

I am strongly in the opinion the $500 transferred to the O.P. didn't come from the seller either and this is full on criminal actions.

Take the S.O.B. on a ride to hell and back!

2 weeks later
    #273 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Sorry, didn't forget about the posts. Basically what I can share at this point is, no, he did not refund the remainder of my $2000. Spoke to me the day of the $500 deposit and said now that he knew the money was safe in my hands, he would 'overnight me' the remainder for 'my inconvenience'. That was 7 days ago and I'm sure you're all just as surprised as me that I still have nothing.

Any more update(s)?

1 week later
    #275 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Sorry everyone, I will share when I can.

I hope you guys put this scamming S.O.B. behind bars. Go get him!

#276 3 years ago

And yes sir, the low life dirty douche bag is still reading all the updates.

AUTODLR , how does it feel when the walls are closing in?

AUTODLR

Pinsider #49865

Joined Pinside: January 15th, 2018

Last seen here: November 9th, 2020

1 week later
    #283 3 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

While it is true that many people are "judgment proof" in that they have no assets that you can seize or easily get a hold of (or they have so many judgments you'd be waiting a long while to collect from their paycheck) I would not make a broad conclusion that it costs 10s of 1000s to get a court order to enforce a judgment. Every case is different and a qualified attorney will discuss how collectable a judgment is before you even litigate.
    I'm not discounting your experience but I have done a few pro-bono cases where collection of the judgment was very easy. On the flip side I admit that I've done a few where the person had no job, assets and ultimately filed bankruptcy before we could attach their new employer's paycheck. Some people KNOW the system and use it to their advantage. It sucks.
    No one should give up (or let something go) until they've tried or done research though. That is the reason so many people get away with stuff because no one wants to bother going after them. So they continue to steal and con others. I'm never suggesting throw good money (or time) after bad -- but I am suggesting never to give up before you even try/research.

Wage garnishment, yes, very powerful because then HR or the boss knows what kind of scum you really are.

2 weeks later
    #285 3 years ago

3 week bump.....any updates?

2 weeks later
    #294 3 years ago

He knows exactly what is going on, last here on pinside checking for updates on 12/20 .

Take that trash out for good!

#296 3 years ago
    Quoted from Norcalpin:

Glanced at the directors order posted by the OP. This scammer was or is a tow truck driver by trade....lol enough said!

Did you see that name on that order?!? Good ole Diablo!

2 months later
    #298 3 years ago

We got any updates? Or would bump have sufficed?

5 months later
    #306 2 years ago

jusflyinby What can you tell us?

1 month later
    #310 2 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

There's nothing more I'd like to do than share with you all his address, photos of his home, his vehicles, his phone number etc. all in an effort to save anyone else from making the same mistake from this crook, but alas that would be violating forum policy. At minimum recognize the name and his alter ego's (Derek Gardener being one). And to those of you who stated he's a known member of the pinball community in Calgary, guy should be at minimum banned from your tournaments let alone arrested, especially with his well documented history of screwing people over.

There has to be someone here on Pinside that actively knows this fucking scam artist and would be happy to serve him at a tournament or some other pinball function for you.

#323 2 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Just as a follow-up, I did attempt personal service on Martin about two months ago. I carried out filed statement of claim in an empty Amazon box. I have a video of it.
    The worst part is that he has a white Hummer sitting outside his house with a spare wheel cover with Iron Maiden pinball art on it.
    Nobody at his house had the courage to answer the door. They were totally home...I could hear kids inside. Oh well, good luck growing up with that.
    There have been no tournaments in Alberta since Covid hit as we have managed it poorly. Hope to have some in 2022. If Martin shows up at YegPin in 2022, that would be an interesting development.

That's some life, afraid to answer your own front door. What a low life scumbag. I feel for those kids.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-for-failed-transaction-amp-money-kept-by-member-on-this-site?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.