Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 333 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.48.47 PM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220912-230607_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230425_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230459_Video Player (resized).jpg
    73 (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    mouse-spotlight-sml (resized).jpg
    yuup.gif
    s-l400-1 (resized).jpg
    2bdca3c137fb1909eafdaae4124125c0.jpg
    37q6ch (resized).jpg
    20200916_195156 (resized).jpg
    magic_hate_ball (resized).jpg
    output_MCqaSl.gif
    ecc56d375663fe37eac35ccd59b3c9355ebfb2ec.gif
    i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jecco74.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#302 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Yep still hope an update is coming

Bump for update...

#304 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I don't think a bump will help six hours after the OP just posted!

My bad... That wasn't there when I posted. I must of been on the wrong page...

6 months later
    #311 2 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Hey everyone, sorry for my silence and delay, but the unfortunate truth is we have no great updates to share. We've so far been unsuccessful in serving this dude, despite the fact we have his confirmed address, real name, etc... COVID and it's travel restrictions has certainly not helped.
    At this point I'm not sure what else to do than sink more money into this trying to hire a professional to track the guy down. Even then, with a clear case he's in the wrong, I understand there's still no guarantee I'd ever see a dime. It crushes me that someone like this can get away with it so easy, but I just don't know what else to do that's not going to put me out more of my money adding insult to injury.
    I guess best thing I can at this point is be that fair warning to anyone else on this forum. I waited too long to reach out for help because I was blinded by my faith in humanity and the continuous phone and email conversations guaranteeing me that "It was coming". It honestly opened my eyes of the extensive measures a crook will go thru to gain your trust, even when you are nothing but a skeptical pain in the ass to them for weeks, requiring 'proof' and 'documentation' and phone calls etc. before a dime is ever exchanged. You think they'd turn away and go for the low hanging fruit. Not the case. Jokes on me though, I turned out to be his perfect 'mark'!
    The effort and hoops he jumped thru to prove this was a real deal, the previous feedback on this forum, the fact he shipped the legs, the parts, the cabinet decals and even a gift to go with it all. Every part down to the smallest piece such as the extra plastics and leg bolts, packed with extreme care. It just blows my mind. Leads me to believe he intended to ship this game, then saw an opportunity to make bank once he realized I was at his mercy.
    Then again, once I discovered his real identity thanks to other users of this forum, I found a number of articles describing what kind of person we're really dealing with here:
    https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/man-faces-charges-in-internet-scam-1.717264
    https://rec.games.video.arcade.collecting.narkive.com/KhK6bGtB/anyone-in-calgary-in-this-group
    https://www.amvic.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/21-Nov-2019-Directors-Order-JEBSEN-Ivo-Martin-1.pdf
    https://user.xmission.com/~daina/blacklist.html#IvoJebsen
    There's nothing more I'd like to do than share with you all his address, photos of his home, his vehicles, his phone number etc. all in an effort to save anyone else from making the same mistake from this crook, but alas that would be violating forum policy. At minimum recognize the name and his alter ego's (Derek Gardener being one). And to those of you who stated he's a known member of the pinball community in Calgary, guy should be at minimum banned from your tournaments let alone arrested, especially with his well documented history of screwing people over.
    That was a whole lot to say nothing, but I needed that opportunity to vent as I come to realization my $2k is gone. Thanks for all the help and support everyone gave to this point.

That sucks. Would you consider setting up a go fund me? If not send me your PayPal and I'll donate some.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jecco74.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-for-failed-transaction-amp-money-kept-by-member-on-this-site?tu=Jecco74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.