Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 333 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.48.47 PM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220912-230607_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230425_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230459_Video Player (resized).jpg
    73 (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    mouse-spotlight-sml (resized).jpg
    yuup.gif
    s-l400-1 (resized).jpg
    2bdca3c137fb1909eafdaae4124125c0.jpg
    37q6ch (resized).jpg
    20200916_195156 (resized).jpg
    magic_hate_ball (resized).jpg
    output_MCqaSl.gif
    ecc56d375663fe37eac35ccd59b3c9355ebfb2ec.gif
    i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together (resized).jpg
    There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 3 years ago

Unfortunately no updates. As mentioned before, their quarantine restrictions have placed a major damper on our progress

I do understand this guy is well known around the local community up there, so if you read this and see him, I hope he's being treated in the manner he deserves (a POS scammer) and that he knows I'm not giving this up.

In the meantime, we already know the machine is gone since he sold it to someone else as confirmed by another member on this site, so best I can hope for is cash. That still doesn't scratch the original itch and desire of getting my hands on one, so if you know anyone who has a Transformers LE at a fair price considering the cash I already blew, shoot me a PM? Thanks!

#302 3 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Yep still hope an update is coming

Bump for update...

#303 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

Bump for update...

I don't think a bump will help six hours after the OP just posted!

#304 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I don't think a bump will help six hours after the OP just posted!

My bad... That wasn't there when I posted. I must of been on the wrong page...

5 months later
    #305 2 years ago

Bump for update...

#306 2 years ago

jusflyinby What can you tell us?

1 month later
    #307 2 years ago

Hey everyone, sorry for my silence and delay, but the unfortunate truth is we have no great updates to share. We've so far been unsuccessful in serving this dude, despite the fact we have his confirmed address, real name, etc... COVID and it's travel restrictions has certainly not helped.

At this point I'm not sure what else to do than sink more money into this trying to hire a professional to track the guy down. Even then, with a clear case he's in the wrong, I understand there's still no guarantee I'd ever see a dime. It crushes me that someone like this can get away with it so easy, but I just don't know what else to do that's not going to put me out more of my money adding insult to injury.

I guess best thing I can at this point is be that fair warning to anyone else on this forum. I waited too long to reach out for help because I was blinded by my faith in humanity and the continuous phone and email conversations guaranteeing me that "It was coming". It honestly opened my eyes of the extensive measures a crook will go thru to gain your trust, even when you are nothing but a skeptical pain in the ass to them for weeks, requiring 'proof' and 'documentation' and phone calls etc. before a dime is ever exchanged. You think they'd turn away and go for the low hanging fruit. Not the case. Jokes on me though, I turned out to be his perfect 'mark'!

The effort and hoops he jumped thru to prove this was a real deal, the previous feedback on this forum, the fact he shipped the legs, the parts, the cabinet decals and even a gift to go with it all. Every part down to the smallest piece such as the extra plastics and leg bolts, packed with extreme care. It just blows my mind. Leads me to believe he intended to ship this game, then saw an opportunity to make bank once he realized I was at his mercy.

Then again, once I discovered his real identity thanks to other users of this forum, I found a number of articles describing what kind of person we're really dealing with here:

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/man-faces-charges-in-internet-scam-1.717264

https://rec.games.video.arcade.collecting.narkive.com/KhK6bGtB/anyone-in-calgary-in-this-group

https://www.amvic.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/21-Nov-2019-Directors-Order-JEBSEN-Ivo-Martin-1.pdf

https://user.xmission.com/~daina/blacklist.html#IvoJebsen

There's nothing more I'd like to do than share with you all his address, photos of his home, his vehicles, his phone number etc. all in an effort to save anyone else from making the same mistake from this crook, but alas that would be violating forum policy. At minimum recognize the name and his alter ego's (Derek Gardener being one). And to those of you who stated he's a known member of the pinball community in Calgary, guy should be at minimum banned from your tournaments let alone arrested, especially with his well documented history of screwing people over.

That was a whole lot to say nothing, but I needed that opportunity to vent as I come to realization my $2k is gone. Thanks for all the help and support everyone gave to this point.

#308 2 years ago

Do you have any friends in low places? Find some "known associates" that might help you out.
    I'm sorry you had this happen, there's some amazing humans out there but the vast majority are horrible.
    Better luck.
    B

#309 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZooDude:

Do you have any friends in low places? Find some "known associates" that might help you out.
    I'm sorry you had this happen, there's some amazing humans out there but the vast majority are horrible.
    Better luck.
    B

Yeah, Tony Soprano would not let this shit slide!!

#310 2 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

There's nothing more I'd like to do than share with you all his address, photos of his home, his vehicles, his phone number etc. all in an effort to save anyone else from making the same mistake from this crook, but alas that would be violating forum policy. At minimum recognize the name and his alter ego's (Derek Gardener being one). And to those of you who stated he's a known member of the pinball community in Calgary, guy should be at minimum banned from your tournaments let alone arrested, especially with his well documented history of screwing people over.

There has to be someone here on Pinside that actively knows this fucking scam artist and would be happy to serve him at a tournament or some other pinball function for you.

#311 2 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Hey everyone, sorry for my silence and delay, but the unfortunate truth is we have no great updates to share. We've so far been unsuccessful in serving this dude, despite the fact we have his confirmed address, real name, etc... COVID and it's travel restrictions has certainly not helped.
    At this point I'm not sure what else to do than sink more money into this trying to hire a professional to track the guy down. Even then, with a clear case he's in the wrong, I understand there's still no guarantee I'd ever see a dime. It crushes me that someone like this can get away with it so easy, but I just don't know what else to do that's not going to put me out more of my money adding insult to injury.
    I guess best thing I can at this point is be that fair warning to anyone else on this forum. I waited too long to reach out for help because I was blinded by my faith in humanity and the continuous phone and email conversations guaranteeing me that "It was coming". It honestly opened my eyes of the extensive measures a crook will go thru to gain your trust, even when you are nothing but a skeptical pain in the ass to them for weeks, requiring 'proof' and 'documentation' and phone calls etc. before a dime is ever exchanged. You think they'd turn away and go for the low hanging fruit. Not the case. Jokes on me though, I turned out to be his perfect 'mark'!
    The effort and hoops he jumped thru to prove this was a real deal, the previous feedback on this forum, the fact he shipped the legs, the parts, the cabinet decals and even a gift to go with it all. Every part down to the smallest piece such as the extra plastics and leg bolts, packed with extreme care. It just blows my mind. Leads me to believe he intended to ship this game, then saw an opportunity to make bank once he realized I was at his mercy.
    Then again, once I discovered his real identity thanks to other users of this forum, I found a number of articles describing what kind of person we're really dealing with here:
    https://rec.games.video.arcade.collecting.narkive.com/KhK6bGtB/anyone-in-calgary-in-this-group
    https://www.amvic.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/21-Nov-2019-Directors-Order-JEBSEN-Ivo-Martin-1.pdf
    That was a whole lot to say nothing, but I needed that opportunity to vent as I come to realization my $2k is gone. Thanks for all the help and support everyone gave to this point.

That sucks. Would you consider setting up a go fund me? If not send me your PayPal and I'll donate some.

#312 2 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

I'd contact CTV and offer a follow-up story to show their audience that he's still up to criminal shenanigans. They did the original story. Maybe they'd like a 10 year anniversary follow-up to show he's still actively being a criminal...

#313 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

There has to be someone here on Pinside that actively knows this fucking scam artist and would be happy to serve him at a tournament or some other pinball function for you.

Well, I have asked those that have come forward and they've not been interested in doing so. They don't want to get involved. However, I'll put it out there again to the general forum. If anyone out that way is interested in lending a hand, give me or wtuttle a PM. We'll provide you the info necessary to do so.

Quoted from Jecco74:

That sucks. Would you consider setting up a go fund me? If not send me your PayPal and I'll donate some.

That would be cool and so much appreciated, but I'd also feel bad asking for hand-outs from my own stupid mistake.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd contact CTV and offer a follow-up story to show their audience that he's still up to criminal shenanigans. They did the original story. Maybe they'd like a 10 year anniversary follow-up to show he's still actively being a criminal...

Yeah wow, almost 10 years to the day. Perhaps I'll drop CTV an email and see if they're interested.

#314 2 years ago

Another quick comment. If any of you do happen to become aware of his intentions to go to a tournament, meet-up or whatever it is, someone did PM me and offer to serve him. I realize it's a long shot, but it could be something.

#315 2 years ago

Apologies if this has already been suggested but there are a number of process servers in Alberta who may be able to assist? As you note, no guarantees that serving turns into anything productive for you in the end, but at least one step closer.

I wish you success with this.

#316 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

Yeah, those always go well.

#317 2 years ago
    Quoted from TDK-WPG:

Apologies if this has already been suggested but there are a number of process servers in Alberta who may be able to assist?

To be honest? I'm cheap, haha. From what I found, they charge by the day which could add up quickly, depending on their success. I started asking myself how much money do I want to throw at this given how much I'm out already.

I'll make it a point to search again tomorrow, maybe it's worth a shot.

#318 2 years ago

Just as a follow-up, I did attempt personal service on Martin about two months ago. I carried out filed statement of claim in an empty Amazon box. I have a video of it.

The worst part is that he has a white Hummer sitting outside his house with a spare wheel cover with Iron Maiden pinball art on it.

Nobody at his house had the courage to answer the door. They were totally home...I could hear kids inside. Oh well, good luck growing up with that.

There have been no tournaments in Alberta since Covid hit as we have managed it poorly. Hope to have some in 2022. If Martin shows up at YegPin in 2022, that would be an interesting development.

#319 2 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

To be honest? I'm cheap, haha. From what I found, they charge by the day which could add up quickly, depending on their success. I started asking myself how much money do I want to throw at this given how much I'm out already.
    I'll make it a point to search again tomorrow, maybe it's worth a shot.

Don’t say that mate. You’re not cheap, it’s common sense now that you know you could just be losing more money chasing this. It’s crappy what has happened to you but maybe it’s time to move on in the knowledge that you have put as much information out there about this scumbag, hopefully you have protected others from falling prey to him. Also hopefully someone recognised him and calls him out in a big public place like his local pinball tournament, shopping centre or something like that. I’m sure that would have an affect on him moving around free and easy.

#320 2 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Nobody at his house had the courage to answer the door. They were totally home...I could hear kids inside. Oh well, good luck growing up with that.

Not to go off topic or give too much detail but I grew up in a household like that and for the same reasons. (Dodging legal service and angry strangers) As an adolescent and early teen it was confusing as hell and along with other reasons lead to my leaving home at age 16.

I've done very well for myself financially, of which I'm proud. But confusion still exists within me along with present day hard feelings. I feel bad for those kids.

#321 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Not to go off topic or give too much detail but I grew up in a household like that and for the same reasons. (Dodging legal service and angry strangers) As an adolescent and early teen it was confusing as hell and along with other reasons lead to my leaving home at age 16.
    I've done very well for myself financially, of which I'm proud. But confusion still exists within me along with present day hard feelings. I feel bad for those kids.

Sorry to hear that. For you and for those other kids. Hopefully they figure it out like you did, and don't go down a darker path. That can be a pretty deep hole

#322 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sorry to hear that. For you and for those other kids. Hopefully they figure it out like you did, and don't go down a darker path. That can be a pretty deep hole

I did go down a dark path for a time. I'm proud of my personal evolution too.

#323 2 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Just as a follow-up, I did attempt personal service on Martin about two months ago. I carried out filed statement of claim in an empty Amazon box. I have a video of it.
    The worst part is that he has a white Hummer sitting outside his house with a spare wheel cover with Iron Maiden pinball art on it.
    There have been no tournaments in Alberta since Covid hit as we have managed it poorly. Hope to have some in 2022. If Martin shows up at YegPin in 2022, that would be an interesting development.

That's some life, afraid to answer your own front door. What a low life scumbag. I feel for those kids.

#324 2 years ago

Probably time to move on.
    I had a similar situation with a pinball scammer. Even took him to small claims court and got a judgment.
    He still disappeared and never paid up. Not worth suing him again due to the time and expense involved.

#325 2 years ago
    Quoted from Enaud:

I had a similar situation with a pinball scammer. Even took him to small claims court and got a judgment.
    He still disappeared and never paid up. Not worth suing him again due to the time and expense involved.

This guy didn't disappear tho and still in the community. I travel to Alberta for a large pinball convention (Yegpin) and if this guy is there next year i guarantee that i couldn't just sit there and say nothing to the clown. Id definitely call him out in front of everyone.

#326 2 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

And yes credit where credit is due, you've gone above and beyond to help and I'm hugely grateful for it!

Quoted from jokerpoker:

maybe it’s time to move on in the knowledge that you have put as much information out there about this scumbag, hopefully you have protected others from falling prey to him. Also hopefully someone recognised him and calls him out in a big public place like his local pinball tournament, shopping centre or something like that. I’m sure that would have an affect on him moving around free and easy.

True, at this point this is what I hope for.

Quoted from Enaud:

Exactly my concern, throw more money at this and continue to stress over it for potentially no return. Sorry to hear about your issue as well.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

This guy didn't disappear tho and still in the community. I travel to Alberta for a large pinball convention (Yegpin) and if this guy is there next year i guarantee that i couldn't just sit there and say nothing to the clown. Id definitely call him out in front of everyone.

That's the best we have right? Shun the guy, don't allow him to be a part of this community anymore. And if you do come across this clown and call him out in public, please share. Would give me some comfort understanding there was some type of "justice"!

9 months later
    #327 1 year ago

Minor update: I was contacted by Sundre, Alberta RCMP today. Ivo Martin Jebsen was arrested recently at his residence in Calgary. He is facing many, many counts of fraud over $5,000, amidst other charges. This is not the first time. He has proved he never learns his lesson. Hopefully he gets his comeuppance.

#328 1 year ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Minor update: I was contacted by Sundre, Alberta RCMP today. Ivo Martin Jebsen was arrested recently at his residence in Calgary. He is facing many, many counts of fraud over $5,000, amidst other charges. This is not the first time. He has proved he never learns his lesson. Hopefully he gets his comeuppance.

Thanks for following up. I like to see how this stuff ends and hopefully for the good.

#329 1 year ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

I am happy you were able to get ahold of them.
    Maybe this will lead to some restitution.

1 month later
    #330 1 year ago

Hi been a long time posting on pinside and I just rejoined for one reason ivo martin jebsen. I had a hunch that some games come up for sale on kijiji were owned by this guy. The name title looked familiar and they way he wrote his name and his profile the same way. At one time his account on kijiji was D TOW Now it is S M. Off to calgary I went to 7540 huntridge cr ne calgary to look at a junkyard em. Bought the game but no parts says he has the parts,and wasted time emails just to get said parts. So turns out I got go back to get parts. He lives at 7948 huntwick hill ne. His phone number is 1-587-435-3928. Has a flat deck TOW truck out back with Diablo towing in back window. Says his father had a arcade on 8th closed in 95 called illusions. Said he reg player at some location downtown.Seemed to know about about people in this hobby. Information that could only be attained by being part of several group sites etc that many of u belong to. Unable to dump video.. posting on the Facebook alberta arcade pinball collectors page via face book. He actually called himself martin jebsen.

#331 1 year ago

Took some screen shots here I what that guy looks like

Screenshot_20220912-230425_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220912-230425_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220912-230459_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220912-230459_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220912-230607_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220912-230607_Video Player (resized).jpg
    #332 1 year ago

Yep that’s the tool.
    Even back when the league was running.
    Shirt he is wearing, he never paid his league fees.
    I told them then not to let him join.
    For obvious reasons.

#333 1 year ago
    Quoted from thebartman:

Hi been a long time posting on pinside and I just rejoined for one reason ivo martin jebsen. I had a hunch that some games come up for sale on kijiji were owned by this guy. The name title looked familiar and they way he wrote his name and his profile the same way. At one time his account on kijiji was D TOW Now it is S M. Off to calgary I went to 7540 huntridge cr ne calgary to look at a junkyard em. Bought the game but no parts says he has the parts,and wasted time emails just to get said parts. So turns out I got go back to get parts. He lives at 7948 huntwick hill ne. His phone number is 1-587-435-3928. Has a flat deck TOW truck out back with Diablo towing in back window. Says his father had a arcade on 8th closed in 95 called illusions. Said he reg player at some location downtown.Seemed to know about about people in this hobby. Information that could only be attained by being part of several group sites etc that many of u belong to. Unable to dump video.. posting on the Facebook alberta arcade pinball collectors page via face book. He actually called himself martin jebsen.

Not what I had pictured in my head:

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.48.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.48.47 PM (resized).png

There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-for-failed-transaction-amp-money-kept-by-member-on-this-site/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.