Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 333 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.48.47 PM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220912-230607_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230425_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230459_Video Player (resized).jpg
    73 (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    mouse-spotlight-sml (resized).jpg
    yuup.gif
    s-l400-1 (resized).jpg
    2bdca3c137fb1909eafdaae4124125c0.jpg
    37q6ch (resized).jpg
    20200916_195156 (resized).jpg
    magic_hate_ball (resized).jpg
    output_MCqaSl.gif
    ecc56d375663fe37eac35ccd59b3c9355ebfb2ec.gif
    i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together (resized).jpg
    There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 3 years ago

He's still up $1500

#252 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Since we all know he is reading this thread on a daily basis, my guess would be the $500 was sent to pacify you from any legal action. Interesting the money shows up as soon as you reveal who he really is.
    On the other hand, I would almost be afraid where the $500 came from, or better yet, who it came from? If this dude is really the con man it appears he is, did someone wake up $500 short in their bank account this morning?

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

He just got a 'deposit' from another mark.

That is a really good point. Robbing from Peter to pay Paul.

Maybe contact the bank and see if they can confirm the name on the account that it was sent from?

#253 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

He just got a 'deposit' from another mark.

My exact thought

#256 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Interesting the money shows up as soon as you reveal who he really is.

That's the key right there. Keep using his name and were he lives in every post.

I was being scammed about a year ago from a Kijiji ad for a feakin $500 piece of furniture. I just wanted my purchase or my money back and neither was happening. I found out the persons name and where they worked. I began mentioning their first and last name in every email I sent and I informed them that I might even show up at their work to voice my objections to their shady dealings. She worked in a doctors office or something like that. I even acquired Face Book pictures of her but I never resorted to using them in my "negotiations" to get my money back. After a couple of emails mentioning her first and last name and where she worked, she finally realized the right thing to do was send my money back, which finally happened.

I realize that you are not able to fly up to Canada and show up at their work place, but keep posting his name and where he lives. Funny thing about the internet, when you put a name and a story out there, it's there forever, for everyone to read. Rats don't light light, much less the spotlight. I guarantee you that, one day, someone will search his name and Karma will come back bite him in the ass. He can make things right or he can choose to continue his thieving ways. The choice, ultimately, is up to Derick "Martin" Gardener from Airdrie, Alberta.

QSS

#258 3 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Rats don't light light, much less the spotlight.

That's so offensive to rats who crave the spotlight struggling to make it in showbiz.
    mouse-spotlight-sml (resized).jpgmouse-spotlight-sml (resized).jpg

#259 3 years ago

That's the key right there. Keep using his name and were he lives in every post.
    I was being scammed about a year ago from a Kijiji ad for a feakin $500 piece of furniture. I just wanted my purchase or my money back and neither was happening. I found out the persons name and where they worked. I began mentioning their first and last name in every email I sent and I informed them that I might even show up at their work to voice my objections to their shady dealings. She worked in a doctors office or something like that. I even acquired Face Book pictures of her but I never resorted to using them in my "negotiations" to get my money back. After a couple of emails mentioning her first and last name and where she worked, she finally realized the right thing to do was send my money back, which finally happened.
    I realize that you are not able to fly up to Canada and show up at their work place, but keep posting his name and where he lives. Funny thing about the internet, when you put a name and a story out there, it's there forever, for everyone to read. Rats don't light light, much less the spotlight. I guarantee you that, one day, someone will search his name and Karma will come back bite him in the ass. He can make things right or he can choose to continue his thieving ways. The choice, ultimately, is up to Derick "Martin" Gardener from Airdrie, Alberta.
    QSS

He lives in Calgary still, I’m almost certain of that. Same shithole he has always been in.
    He does have a collection of games.

Sorry I don’t know where, if I did someone would be knocking on his door already.
    Like the cops with a warrant.
    Careful Martin, somebody knows where you live.
    It’s just a matter of time now until you are found.

#260 3 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

He lives in Calgary still, I’m almost certain of that. Same shithole he has always been in.
    He does have a collection of games.
    Sorry I don’t know where, if I did someone would be knocking on his door already.
    Like the cops with a warrant.
    Careful Martin, somebody knows where you live.
    It’s just a matter of time now until you are found.

At this point, I'm still hoping he will be served and that this has been reported. Obviously, the OP wants to recoup his money, but serving this guy and accusing him in court, getting a conviction, that would certainly do it!

As for that Martin, he's probably thinking he can outsmart the whole process. But I don't think he likes being exposed. He must be telling himself 'all of this for a lousy couple of grand'. Well, if I were him, I would make the whole thing dissapear by giving back the $1500 left. And walk away.

As Pingod said, just a matter of time..

#261 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I don't think he likes being exposed

I don't think Derick "Martin" Gardener really cares tbh. He's probably been doing this for years under various names and gotten nothing more than a slap on the wrist. People like him are dirtbags; and really need to get some education.

#262 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

People like him are dirtbags; and really need to get some education.

I'm thinking maybe a Monday Night Rehabilitation?

#263 3 years ago

Reading this with popcorn. Diablo is the devil and autodlr is a dodgy scamming used car salesman. Scammers need harsher penalties from authorities. Hopefully this story has a good outcome!

#264 3 years ago

Any updates?

#265 3 years ago

Too much time has passed allowing this criminal to squirm.
    Cut off his head ASAP and crush him.

You cannot and should not attempt to negotiate or even converse with people like this. You will never reach a resolution until an over abundance of pain is applied.

#266 3 years ago

My guess is the the O.P. has allowed the attorney to do his stuff and all will be quiet until a court date is set and Derick "Martin" Gardener is served with papers.

I am strongly in the opinion the $500 transferred to the O.P. didn't come from the seller either and this is full on criminal actions.

Take the S.O.B. on a ride to hell and back!

#267 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Take the S.O.B. on a ride to hell and back!

Why back? I'd leave him there.

#269 3 years ago

Sorry, didn't forget about the posts. Basically what I can share at this point is, no, he did not refund the remainder of my $2000. Spoke to me the day of the $500 deposit and said now that he knew the money was safe in my hands, he would 'overnight me' the remainder for 'my inconvenience'. That was 7 days ago and I'm sure you're all just as surprised as me that I still have nothing.

#270 3 years ago

Fry that muthafukka

1 week later
    #271 3 years ago

What's the word?

#272 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

What's the word?

The word should be that he has served the bastard, that he's waiting on a Court date and that a complaint was sent to the RCMP (Federal police in Canada) on fraud charges..

1 week later
    #273 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Sorry, didn't forget about the posts. Basically what I can share at this point is, no, he did not refund the remainder of my $2000. Spoke to me the day of the $500 deposit and said now that he knew the money was safe in my hands, he would 'overnight me' the remainder for 'my inconvenience'. That was 7 days ago and I'm sure you're all just as surprised as me that I still have nothing.

Any more update(s)?

#274 3 years ago

Sorry everyone, I will share when I can.

#275 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Sorry everyone, I will share when I can.

I hope you guys put this scamming S.O.B. behind bars. Go get him!

#276 3 years ago

And yes sir, the low life dirty douche bag is still reading all the updates.

AUTODLR , how does it feel when the walls are closing in?

AUTODLR

Pinsider #49865

Joined Pinside: January 15th, 2018

Last seen here: November 9th, 2020

1 week later
    #277 3 years ago

Hopefully this has been resolved by now.

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Hopefully this has been resolved by now.

Experienced scammer, lawyer involved = long, slow process. Been following the Predator thread? Even if the OP gets a judgement good luck collecting it. And how much pro bono work is it reasonable to ask from wtuttle ?

#279 3 years ago

Here’s the sad reality—there is almost no cost-effective way to collect money that is owed you. I have a court judgement against a scumbag for over 140,000. I’ll never see the money and would spend 10s of 1000s to get a court order and still never see it. All you can do is make their life so uncomfortable the debtor decides to toss you a crumb in the hope you go away.

#280 3 years ago
    Quoted from albummydavis:

Here’s the sad reality—there is almost no cost-effective way to collect money that is owed you. I have a court judgement against a scumbag for over 140,000. I’ll never see the money and would spend 10s of 1000s to get a court order and still never see it. All you can do is make their life so uncomfortable the debtor decides to toss you a crumb in the hope you go away.

I have been through this a few times through my work and I will be soon again.

If you are going to sue someone outside of small claims, better make sure they have some hard assets should you prevail as the legal fees will be substantial.

If they own a home, make sure there is equity there. If you prevail, you can register the judgement against their house and when they go to sell it, they will have to pay you out, with interest. However, that's a long process.

When the amounts are smaller and you go to small claims, its a crapshoot. If the scammer has no hard assets, it can be pretty tough.

#281 3 years ago

While it is true that many people are "judgment proof" in that they have no assets that you can seize or easily get a hold of (or they have so many judgments you'd be waiting a long while to collect from their paycheck) I would not make a broad conclusion that it costs 10s of 1000s to get a court order to enforce a judgment. Every case is different and a qualified attorney will discuss how collectable a judgment is before you even litigate.

I'm not discounting your experience but I have done a few pro-bono cases where collection of the judgment was very easy. On the flip side I admit that I've done a few where the person had no job, assets and ultimately filed bankruptcy before we could attach their new employer's paycheck. Some people KNOW the system and use it to their advantage. It sucks.

No one should give up (or let something go) until they've tried or done research though. That is the reason so many people get away with stuff because no one wants to bother going after them. So they continue to steal and con others. I'm never suggesting throw good money (or time) after bad -- but I am suggesting never to give up before you even try/research.

#282 3 years ago

I’ll never see the money and would spend 10s of 1000s to get a court order and still never see it. All you can do is make their life so uncomfortable the debtor decides to toss you a crumb in the hope you go away.

Give Dexter a call

#283 3 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

While it is true that many people are "judgment proof" in that they have no assets that you can seize or easily get a hold of (or they have so many judgments you'd be waiting a long while to collect from their paycheck) I would not make a broad conclusion that it costs 10s of 1000s to get a court order to enforce a judgment. Every case is different and a qualified attorney will discuss how collectable a judgment is before you even litigate.
    I'm not discounting your experience but I have done a few pro-bono cases where collection of the judgment was very easy. On the flip side I admit that I've done a few where the person had no job, assets and ultimately filed bankruptcy before we could attach their new employer's paycheck. Some people KNOW the system and use it to their advantage. It sucks.
    No one should give up (or let something go) until they've tried or done research though. That is the reason so many people get away with stuff because no one wants to bother going after them. So they continue to steal and con others. I'm never suggesting throw good money (or time) after bad -- but I am suggesting never to give up before you even try/research.

Wage garnishment, yes, very powerful because then HR or the boss knows what kind of scum you really are.

#284 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Wage garnishment, yes, very powerful because then HR or the boss knows what kind of scum you really are.

Most scum like this don't even hold a job, or if they do it's cash under the table. i.e. Kevin Kulek. These type don't bother to work for a wage.

2 weeks later
    #285 3 years ago

3 week bump.....any updates?

#286 3 years ago

..should be that kind of update..!

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
    #287 3 years ago

legal wheels turn at glacier speed. Or as my pops said about his mom, you can clock her with the calendar!

#288 3 years ago

Just call Joe.

73 (resized).jpg73 (resized).jpg

#289 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Just call Joe.
    [quoted image]

Hey shoe shine boy! Go get your shoe shine kit!

#290 3 years ago

I'm not sure if the courts are open there. I have a small claim against someone right now. Due to Covid, the whole case is just online. I don't even get to face the guy in court. So far my guy hasn't answered the suit. The judge declared I won the case by default. Now I waiting on his
    responce to collecting. I'm not holding my breath but it sucks he will go on with his business and not pay me a penny.
    I bet the OP case is so delayed due to covid, but maybe that will help him with so much time passing.

#291 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

I'm not sure if the courts are open there. I have a small claim against someone right now. Due to Covid, the whole case is just online. I don't even get to face the guy in court. So far my guy hasn't answered the suit. The judge declared I won the case by default. Now I waiting on his
    responce to collecting. I'm not holding my breath but it sucks he will go on with his business and not pay me a penny.
    I bet the OP case is so delayed due to covid, but maybe that will help him with so much time passing.

If he doesn't pay you just post his companies name. Post it here and everywhere you can.

QSS

#292 3 years ago

If he doesn't pay you just post his companies name. Post it here and everywhere you can.

Then we can all clutch our collective pearls while Jasontaps still doesn't get paid and the deadbeat goes on about their business not caring.

2 weeks later
    #293 3 years ago

Hi everyone, nothing exciting to report. As mentioned above, this moves at glacial speed and is only further slowed by the pandemic. Regardless, we have no intentions to give up.

Unfortunately he's cut off any sort of communication now. Not even the typical "No worries, I'm still working on it!" anecdotes and excuses.

Thankfully a lot of you from the community have PMed me with his information and your dealings, this is all helpful and I appreciate it. I still ask though, if anyone has something else to share, please do so via PM or here.

At this point this post only serves as a reminder to watch out for Derek Gardner / Cory Gartner / Ivo Martin Jebsen or whatever name he's using now.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/man-faces-charges-in-internet-scam-1.717264

https://user.xmission.com/~daina/blacklist.html#IvoJebsen

https://rec.games.video.arcade.collecting.narkive.com/KhK6bGtB/anyone-in-calgary-in-this-group

https://www.amvic.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/21-Nov-2019-Directors-Order-JEBSEN-Ivo-Martin-1.pdf

#294 3 years ago

He knows exactly what is going on, last here on pinside checking for updates on 12/20 .

Take that trash out for good!

#295 3 years ago

Glanced at the directors order posted by the OP. This scammer was or is a tow truck driver by trade....lol enough said!

#296 3 years ago
    Quoted from Norcalpin:

Glanced at the directors order posted by the OP. This scammer was or is a tow truck driver by trade....lol enough said!

Did you see that name on that order?!? Good ole Diablo!

1 week later
    #297 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

He knows exactly what is going on, last here on pinside checking for updates on 12/20 .

His Pinside account is temporarily frozen ....

2 months later
    #298 3 years ago

We got any updates? Or would bump have sufficed?

#299 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

We got any updates? Or would bump have sufficed?

Funny, I was literally just wondering about the outcome of this myself today.

#300 3 years ago

Yep still hope an update is coming

There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-for-failed-transaction-amp-money-kept-by-member-on-this-site/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.