Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 333 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.48.47 PM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220912-230607_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230425_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230459_Video Player (resized).jpg
    73 (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    mouse-spotlight-sml (resized).jpg
    yuup.gif
    s-l400-1 (resized).jpg
    2bdca3c137fb1909eafdaae4124125c0.jpg
    37q6ch (resized).jpg
    20200916_195156 (resized).jpg
    magic_hate_ball (resized).jpg
    output_MCqaSl.gif
    ecc56d375663fe37eac35ccd59b3c9355ebfb2ec.gif
    i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together (resized).jpg

There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 3 years ago

Hey everyone just wanted to say I'm not ignoring your advice and comments. Right now at this point I'm working directly with and at the advice of Winston, with whom I've been talking to daily. Parameters/deadlines have been set with the seller to rectify the situation, otherwise we're ready for that next step. We have a plan in place.

Thanks for the support!

#152 3 years ago

Waiting to see a TFLE come up for sale on Mr. Pinball. "Just needs legs"....

#153 3 years ago

Is there any way to tell if he has looked at this thread?

#154 3 years ago

Looking forward to the resolution!

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Update: Seller's brother has PM'ed me to discuss arrangements for a refund and 'fair compensation' for the troubles. As Winston mentioned above, I provided a deadline of 10/1/20 for this refund or delivery of the machine.

I got it! He is going to send you a money order for $5000. You get your $2000 refund and $1000 for your "troubles", but PLEASE send him back the $2000 difference.

#156 3 years ago

Hope it all works out. Nice to see the community support. .

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I got it! He is going to send you a money order for $5000. You get your $2000 refund and $1000 for your "troubles", but PLEASE send him back the $2000 difference.

Haha, no... We're not playing that game!

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

No, at least not publicly.

#159 3 years ago
    Quoted from Russell:

His brother probably looked at it and told him about it.

#160 3 years ago

You guys unlocked a achievement for him by having 10 followers. Looks like he hasn't posted anything in 4 months

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Where's Nigeria on that map again?..

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

His brother probably looked at it and told him about it.

37q6ch (resized).jpg37q6ch (resized).jpg
    #163 3 years ago

This situation is exactly what bothers me with other dealers (many have been documented on this forum) who run businesses, market and sell off of pinside, and then delay/fail to send parts whether they be machines, pfs, etc. We all know who they are.

Bottom line - we're in the era of Amazon. When you receive $, you ship that shit out. No excuses, no house burning down, etc. Once you receive the $, you are in debt.

They used to put people in jail for this shit.

#164 3 years ago

Bang on. Indeed, just picture this scene at a pub in Ireland some years ago. It would not have gone well for Derek G.
    I have received some disappointing news tonight from OP, and it results in the expectation that we will wind up filing and serving. The news? "Derek is back at work!"
    As if that matters, you idiot.
    Clock's ticking, chump. Figure it out.

#165 3 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Bang on. Indeed, just picture this scene at a pub in Ireland some years ago. It would not have gone well for Derek G.
    I have received some disappointing news tonight from OP, and it results in the expectation that we will wind up filing and serving. The news? "Derek is back at work!"
    As if that matters, you idiot.
    Clock's ticking, chump. Figure it out.

Serve the fucker and take him down!!

All of Pinside is behind you! (except AUTODLR & @diablo)

#166 3 years ago

Sue the f out of him. Get the money back, get interest, get fees, even pain suffering for mental anguish, i dont care if his dog left him and burned down his house. F him.

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Sue the f out of him. Get the money back, get interest, get fees, even pain suffering for mental anguish, i dont care if his dog left him and burned down his house. F him.

Exactly. The OP could have put that money into Tesla stock. It's up 1000% in the past 2 years

#168 3 years ago

Need some more advice, seller offering money order for the amount paid plus interest and by the agreed to deadline. Is this a safe way to receive my cash back?

I'd cash whatever amount ends up on the check, nothing goes back from an 'over-payment'.

#169 3 years ago

Have him send to the attorney, attorney opens account and deposits money order. Wait 30 days before accessing money. If he gives you a fake, its documented and a crime. He’s been well identified at this point. So unless he’s willing to disappear to south america over a couple grand.....
    Although generally speaking id never accept a money order.

#170 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Need some more advice, seller offering money order for the amount paid plus interest and by the agreed to deadline. Is this a safe way to receive my cash back?
    I'd cash whatever amount ends up on the check, nothing goes back from an 'over-payment'.

Google "money order scams."

Or better yet...read Vid's guide to not getting ripped off.

(https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide)

This fucking schmuck is jerking you around. He can PayPal or wire you the money directly. Why would he go the convoluted money order route? We all know why....

Have wtuttle serve the fuck out of him!

#171 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Google "money order scams."
    Or better yet...read Vid's guide to not getting ripped off.
    (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide)
    This fucking schmuck is jerking you around. He can PayPal or wire you the money directly. Why would he go the convoluted money order route? We all know why....
    Have wtuttle serve the fuck out of him!

I've been googling all sorts of payment methods and unfortunately it seems so many have an 'out' of sorts:

-Accepting a wire transfer makes me vulnerable as I need to give up private banking info so he can send it, which I plain do not trust him with that info.
    -Paypal I've seen on here time and again and even in this thread itself that banks can reverse a 'friends and family' transfer. Google returns the same results.
    -Money Orders it appears once you cash the check the sender is sh*t out of luck unless they file a criminal investigation against you claiming you stole the funds somehow.

I'm definitely trying to research and investigate on my own, I just want to make sure I do not make a mistake again and see if anyone has any better ideas or experience.

#172 3 years ago

PayPal is by far the worst thing to take. Money order is better but a cashier check is the best. As has been stated have him send it to Wtuttle. No matter what fo m of payment you take for any transaction there is always the risk of a scam. Money order scams usually involve paying for merchandise with fake MO, taking merchandise then MO not cashing. If the MO cashes your good to go.

#173 3 years ago

If he really has the funds to send, etransfer is the safest way to receive payment. If America doesn't have etransfer yet, have him transfer funds to wtuttle and he can get the money to you however is preferred.

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

-Money Orders it appears once you cash the check the sender is sh*t out of luck unless they file a criminal investigation against you claiming you stole the funds somehow.

You really need to read Vid's guide. I'm not sure what the best route to receive the funds are in the U.S. (Maybe use wtuttle as mentioned above)

But money order scream of duplicity from an already shady piece of shit who refuses to even come into this thread to defend or apologize for his actions. (he logs into Pinside everyday)

#175 3 years ago

When you receive a wire transfer, you don’t have to give him any seriously private information. Only stuff that would be printed on a check.

#176 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

I've been googling all sorts of payment methods and unfortunately it seems so many have an 'out' of sorts:
    -Accepting a wire transfer makes me vulnerable as I need to give up private banking info so he can send it, which I plain do not trust him with that info.
    -Paypal I've seen on here time and again and even in this thread itself that banks can reverse a 'friends and family' transfer. Google returns the same results.
    I'm definitely trying to research and investigate on my own, I just want to make sure I do not make a mistake again and see if anyone has any better ideas or experience.
    @phatjay I'll talk to Winston but I don't believe we have 30 days at this time.

Talk to your banker about your concerns of information of your bank account. I could be wrong but I think your fears are unfounded.

Bank wire is the way to go, IMO. I bought a pin from Canada and the bank wire worked perfectly.

Once the money is on your account it is yours. And yours alone.

#177 3 years ago

I have a separate savings account just for wiring money back and forth for pins. The only time it has money in it is when I'm about to make a transfer out or I just received a transfer in and I'm moving it elsewhere. Its worked very well for me with no issues.

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

You really need to read Vid's guide. I'm not sure what the best route to receive the funds are in the U.S. (Maybe use wtuttle as mentioned above)
    But money order scream of duplicity from an already shady piece of shit who refuses to even come into this thread to defend or apologize for his actions. (he logs into Pinside everyday)

Thank you, you were spelling it out for me and I was still missing it. Just read the portion on money orders. Not going that route!

#179 3 years ago

Direct bank to bank , safest way to end this fiasco
    Have done it many times , to and from the USA

#180 3 years ago

Sir - you have legal counsel why are you still coming to pinside for advice? Please talk to your lawyer.

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Sir - you have legal counsel why are you still coming to pinside for advice? Please talk to your lawyer.

That’s all and good, but a lawyer may not know ways to send receive money. Over border or in country. It if he’s a pinhead, he probably knows more than most lawyers!

#182 3 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

That’s all and good, but a lawyer may not know ways to send receive money. Over border or in country. It if he’s a pinhead, he probably knows more than most lawyers!

Exactly right, thanks!

#183 3 years ago

2 Things of note;
    1st - you should run this thru your atty, if for no other reason just so 2 different people have knowledge of this.
    2nd - A wire transfer is totally safe. If you're *really* worried, go to your bank, set up a new account, keep NOTHING else in it, and have it wired to that. Once funds are rec'd, close account. Very simple.
    One other thing--DO NOT let this languish any longer. He offered $$$, take it. Now. Drama ends.

#184 3 years ago

I've been running everything thru my attorney (thank you again wtuttle!) but he's not available today. I didn't want to let this languish so I reached out to the site for some advice on best, secure forms of payment as I imagine there's several, several years worth of knowledge here in regards to making secure transactions.

I've taken into consideration everyone's comments and stated that I will not accept a money order. That and google searches show that it's just too easy to forge these documents. Instead I will only take a wire deposit, again by the stated deadline. Now we shall wait and see if he's legitimate and provides the refund.

I will keep the forum posted of how it goes if anyone's still interested.

#185 3 years ago

In this case it seems like we can actually recommend a wire transfer. Normally this is feverishly avoided before purchasing due to no recourse on getting your money back. But for you, it's a good thing since the seller has no way to do a charge back or something similar if he wants to try and pull one over on you.

#186 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

I've been running everything thru my attorney (thank you again wtuttle!) but he's not available today. I didn't want to let this languish so I reached out to the site for some advice on best, secure forms of payment as I imagine there's several, several years worth of knowledge here in regards to making secure transactions.
    I've taken into consideration everyone's comments and stated that I will not accept a money order. That and google searches show that it's just too easy to forge these documents. Instead I will only take a wire deposit, again by the stated deadline. Now we shall wait and see if he's legitimate and provides the refund.
    I will keep the forum posted of how it goes if anyone's still interested.

Wait until he’s available before you commit to anything.

I’m guessing he will recommend the funds be sent to his office where he can then forward them to you. It will also let this putz know that you have a lawyer working on your behalf.

#187 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

I've been running everything thru my attorney (thank you again wtuttle!) but he's not available today.

What until he is available.

#188 3 years ago

Really? You think attorneys do not understand how various payment methods work and how secure they are and the associated risks? You think the attorney couldn't come up with a basic recommendation about the money order issue and whether its worth holding off on a lawsuit waiting for it to clear (relevant information - how long it takes to clear and what the statute of limitations is with respect to the claim)... and instead pinside should rule on this?

OP - please do not take legal advice or make decisions by forum, majority rule or anecdotal information and wait for your attorney's recommendation. That is what I would ask of you if you were my client. Respect your attorney and let him assist you in this case. Not pinside.

Everyone here means well but really he has legal counsel the best thing we can all do is let him use it.

#189 3 years ago

ask your attorney before you proceed,period

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

ask your attorney before you proceed,period

Going one step beyond this -
    You should tell the seller to stop communicating to you directly, and ONLY talk to your lawyer.

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Really? You think attorneys do not understand how various payment methods work and how secure they are and the associated risks? You think the attorney couldn't come up with a basic recommendation about the money order issue and whether its worth holding off on a lawsuit waiting for it to clear (relevant information - how long it takes to clear and what the statute of limitations is with respect to the claim)... and instead pinside should rule on this?
    OP - please do not take legal advice or make decisions by forum, majority rule or anecdotal information and wait for your attorney's recommendation. That is what I would ask of you if you were my client. Respect your attorney and let him assist you in this case. Not pinside.
    Everyone here means well but really he has legal counsel the best thing we can all do is let him use it.

You totally misconstrued my comment. I said a lawyer may not know the best way to send receive money over border or in country. The same as a gardener may or may not know how the best/safe way to send money over border or in country. Why would a gardener or lawyer be any different if they don't deal with these types of things.

Also, a lawyer may know exactly how to do these things perfectly and safe. fuck sakes.

edit- sorry for the derail, back to the task at hand.

#192 3 years ago

Also, a lawyer may know exactly how to do these things perfectly and safe. fuck sakes.

Who is sakes and how would that help?

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Going one step beyond this -
    You should tell the seller to stop communicating to you directly, and ONLY talk to your lawyer.

This, 100%.

#194 3 years ago

To any Noobs getting into Pins for the first time...Cash on the f'n glass for your purchases!!!

Or bite the bullet and pay retail, I've gone through a similar situation as this OP when I started collecting, it blows!!

Good luck OP, I hope you get your TFLE

#195 3 years ago

Any update?

#196 3 years ago

I would expect the next update in this thread to be at the close of business on Thursday this week. OP will either have a very short post or a lengthy post, depending upon whether he is paid back in the next 72 hours per discussions with AUTODLR

Stay tuned!

#197 3 years ago

Sorry I did not forget about you guys or providing an update. Running into another small complication here, will report back soon.

#198 3 years ago

Didn't see that one coming

#199 3 years ago

The "complication" is the seller spent the money years ago and doesn't have it

#200 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Sorry I did not forget about you guys or providing an update. Running into another small complication here, will report back soon.

Another "brother" has been introduced into the transaction!

There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-for-failed-transaction-amp-money-kept-by-member-on-this-site/page/4?hl=zukram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.