Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 333 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.48.47 PM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220912-230607_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230425_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230459_Video Player (resized).jpg
    73 (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    mouse-spotlight-sml (resized).jpg
    yuup.gif
    s-l400-1 (resized).jpg
    2bdca3c137fb1909eafdaae4124125c0.jpg
    37q6ch (resized).jpg
    20200916_195156 (resized).jpg
    magic_hate_ball (resized).jpg
    output_MCqaSl.gif
    ecc56d375663fe37eac35ccd59b3c9355ebfb2ec.gif
    i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together (resized).jpg
    There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 3 years ago

Sorry, But I call bullshit. It doesn't take two frickin years to ship a game.

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

need a private investigator

Who you gonna call ...Pindicks!

#103 3 years ago

I had to check myself. I bought an inexpensive Rubber kit for Harlem Globetrotters December 2018 from Autodlr.

I got the kit no problems, it was fine, and I was asked to leave feedback. So I left positive feedback since I had no issues with the transaction.

Interesting to read this whole thread and some lessons learned.

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Back in September of 2018, I made a deal with a user here for their Transformers Decepticon LE. Unfortunately this pinsider lives on the Western side of Canada and I'm in NY

Whenever you want and once USA/CANADA border opens up again, why don't you take a road trip to Montreal I have a NIB Decepticon LE I think #31 I'll make you a hell of a price, it will lighten the 2k blow you had to take from a shit for brain Canadian! Brand New signed playfield no sloppy seconds and no scam

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I heard an ad on Spittin' Chiclets that Bud Light Selzer is looking for a meme artist to hire for their brand. Fuckin do it man

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Who you gonna call ...Pindicks!

output_MCqaSl.gifoutput_MCqaSl.gif
    #106 3 years ago

FYI, seriously, in Canada, or the prairies anyway, Up North is a thing!

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

FYI, seriously, in Canada, or the prairies anyway, Up North is a thing!

Dude.. u live up north!

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Sorry it made much more sense when I could actually quote his response. Let me clarify:
    A pinside user in this thread contacted AUTODLR thru PM. He was successful in getting a response from AUTODLR, but the person responded stated they were actually the seller's brother that saw this and is responding on Derek's behalf.

Dunno. Hope it's true, but smells like BS. Good cop/bad cop routine.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I tend to agree with you, Pingod. Two years of no communication is inexcusable. Deplorable conduct by someone who received $2,500 USD!

As such, I've advised OP to give a firm date (October 1, 2020) whereby this must be resolved with either a refund in his hands or the pin at his front door. Borders are still open for shipping.

Failing that outcome, our action will be filed and served not later than October 15, 2020. @Autodlr/Derek G. would have a mere 20 days to file his defence. Trying to draft his defence in my head, I'm sure stumped. "Uh, I shipped the game but didn't follow-up whatsoever to see if Buyer received it. I have 50+ missed calls and e-mails I failed to respond to". Or some such junk. Bottom line: it was, and remains, incumbent upon Seller to deliver goods for which he has been paid in full for to that point in the contract.

Another thing! The 'you have the legs and the coin-box' bit from Seller's brother is a pathetic excuse. Declared value on the legs was $10. They're worthless without THE MACHINE!

#110 3 years ago

I'm confused... did the seller actually claim it had been shipped... but can't provide a tracking number or a shipping document?

Nevermind; that makes zero sense... because if the seller had indeed shipped; he'd have been screaming that he was due is remaining amount. No sane person would believe he'd sit on a balance because of "customs" issues.

#111 3 years ago

Read this entire thread. Way to go pinside, I hope it works out!

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from marlboroman:

Whenever you want and once USA/CANADA border opens up again, why don't you take a road trip to Montreal I have a NIB Decepticon LE I think #31 I'll make you a hell of a price, it will lighten the 2k blow you had to take from a shit for brain Canadian! Brand New signed playfield no sloppy seconds and no scam

Haha, I'll keep this in mind.

#113 3 years ago

TWO YEARS?

no offense... but what is wrong with you!

I would have made this thread a month into the transaction calling this guy out.

The buyer should ALWAYS arrange for shipping... that way you are in control of the BS...

Also as a seller, I would NEVER ship a game without full payment before... that in itself should have been a red flag to you as a buyer.

#114 3 years ago

Looking forward to you getting a refund or legal justice being served. Crazy long time you waited to bring it to Pinside attention, but glad you finally did.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

I also PM'ed AUTODLR a little earlier today once I had these messages, hoping his brother would see the message. I reiterated that I had no intent of creating this situation but to PLEASE contact me so we can just get this resolved.

Scammers regularly create multiple personas. It makes it easy to pass the blame back and forth. I wouldn't believe a word he is saying.

#116 3 years ago

Then it will be fun to see how many of his snowballing lies hold up in court if it comes to that.

#117 3 years ago

Adding to what others have said, he sent you the legs and what nots.

I"m guessing he put some different legs on the pin and sold it a long time ago.

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Adding to what others have said, he sent you the legs and what nots.
    I"m guessing he put some different legs on the pin and sold it a long time ago.

But we're the legs imamaculate?

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno. Hope it's true, but smells like BS. Good cop/bad cop routine.

Sure does. Dear brother doesn't have his own computer or account, but loves pinside? Maybe brother's name is Diablo?

#120 3 years ago

Actually the brother routine is a crock of shit. Autodlr has been on Pinside within the last few hours or so.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

But we're the legs imamaculate?

I dunno. Let me rub my Magic 8 ball.

magic_hate_ball (resized).jpgmagic_hate_ball (resized).jpg

#122 3 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I agree. There’s no reason for the valuation of a machine to play a role. No duties or customs are due—it is a US made product returning to the US.

I hope they are just lying to make themselves not look like scammers and not just jerking you around more.

#123 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Sure does. Dear brother doesn't have his own computer or account, but loves pinside? Maybe brother's name is Diablo?

C'mon...you know how difficult it is to set up a Google and Pinside account in 2020.

I'm guessin' his "brother"s' still using Prodigy.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm guessin' his "brother"s' still using Prodigy.

Compuserve.

#126 3 years ago

OP.
    Why haven't you submitted feedback of the seller on his page?
    It seems 2 years is more than enough time... hell; after the runaround for a couple of months would have been appropriate.

#127 3 years ago

Fun fact: as many of you undoubtedly know, lawyers typically use process servers to serve their documents. The reason? The cost is minimal (and typically borne by the client). In Canada, it's about $50 + mileage for an attempt at service, and $50 for an Affidavit of Service. The Affidavit of Service is a sworn document that proves service was, indeed, effected upon a given individual. In this case, I intend to personally serve @Autodlr, even though he lives 220 miles from me. It just so happens I'm headed for a bit of Rn'R at one of our Rocky Mountain hotels, and his hometown happens to be on the way to Lake Louise from where I live.

Once the court filing is made, the Statement of Claim document is public and can be viewed by anyone. As such, once filed and stamped by the clerk of the court, further details will be published here with an image of the front of our lawsuit if this matter is not resolved to OP's satisfaction within the next 14 days. In Alberta, the front page of a lawsuit at our Provincial Court includes full name and address for service of all parties to the action. I sincerely hope this is not necessary, but if it is, AUTODLR brought it on himself.

This entire situation makes me sick to my stomach, as I'm sure we all have dreams of acquiring a sought-after pin, even if it involves cross-border shipping. Imagine telling your wife about the pinball machine you've just paid for and it never arrives? Months go by and you feel like less of a man because of what someone else did. That's why I'm pursuing this--it could have happened to me. Appreciate the kind words and positive vibes from many of you.

#128 3 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Fun fact: as many of you undoubtedly know, lawyers typically use process servers to serve their documents. The reason? The cost is minimal (and typically borne by the client). In Canada, it's about $50 + mileage for an attempt at service, and $50 for an Affidavit of Service. The Affidavit of Service is a sworn document that proves service was, indeed, effected upon a given individual. In this case, I intend to personally serve Autodlr, even though he lives 220 miles from me. It just so happens I'm headed for a bit of Rn'R at one of our Rocky Mountain hotels, and his hometown happens to be on the way to Lake Louise from where I live.
    Once the court filing is made, the Statement of Claim document is public and can be viewed by anyone. As such, once filed and stamped by the clerk of the court, further details will be published here with an image of the front of our lawsuit if this matter is not resolved to OP's satisfaction within the next 14 days. In Alberta, the front page of a lawsuit at our Provincial Court includes full name and address for service of all parties to the action. I sincerely hope this is not necessary, but if it is, Autodlr brought it on himself.
    This entire situation makes me sick to my stomach, as I'm sure we all have dreams of acquiring a sought-after pin, even if it involves cross-border shipping. Imagine telling your wife about the pinball machine you've just paid for and it never arrives? Months go by and you feel like less of a man because of what someone else did. That's why I'm pursuing this--it could have happened to me. Appreciate the kind words and positive vibes from many of you.

Thank you for the explanations in layman's terms.

I guess my question are these: Are you going to be knocking on his door, or is the RCMP going to pay the visit? What happens if he is not at home or does not answer.? Does someone sit on his address until he comes home?

#129 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Thank you for the explanations in layman's terms.
    I guess my question are these: Are you going to be knocking on his door, or is the RCMP going to pay the visit? What happens if he is not at home or does not answer.? Does someone sit on his address until he comes home?

Good questions! I will have someone filming my attempt at service, but our Rules of Court allow for service by other means, including registered mail, if necessary. Indeed, I could even obtain a court order that posting an action on this forum is deemed suitable service. From his profile, we have proof that AUTODLR visits this site daily--he's been here today!

It is bittersweet, I was just reading the 'chronology of events' sent to me by OP. It would break your heart. OP truly pursued this matter diligently for two years. It's not like he took three months off for a summer break. He badgered this fella constantly. My 'favourite' entry is Derek G telling OP, in EARLY 2020, that he is 'out of work'. Like that matters. Buddy, you were paid for a machine, and didn't ship. Reprehensible conduct.

#130 3 years ago

@wtuttle. Might not be till next year, but i want to buy you a round or two next time I'm in town. Great work you're doing here
    Couldn't agree more on this autodlr fuk being a true piece of scum. He deserves everything that's coming his way.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Good questions! I will have someone filming my attempt at service, but our Rules of Court allow for service by other means, including registered mail, if necessary. Indeed, I could even obtain a court order that posting an action on this forum is deemed suitable service. From his profile, we have proof that Autodlr visits this site daily--he's been here today!

I envision you with a trunk full of disguises to use as a process server. Ala Seth Rogen in Pineapple Express. Which i will probably watch again later lol

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

OP.
    Why haven't you submitted feedback of the seller on his page?
    It seems 2 years is more than enough time... hell; after the runaround for a couple of months would have been appropriate.

Right, wrong or indifferent, I've been holding it as leverage. He continuously told me how important feedback is and that he will do whatever it takes to get the machine to me, even if he discounted the price or would waive the final additional payment, to ensure I wouldn't leave bad feedback. He had my money and the machine and I just thought I had no other recourse but to hold the bad feedback over his head. In my mind if I had moved forward with reaching out to the community or dropping the bad feedback, he'd have no further motivation to complete the transaction.

I under estimated how much help the community here could offer and now wish I did say something earlier.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Fun fact: as many of you undoubtedly know, lawyers typically use process servers to serve their documents. The reason? The cost is minimal (and typically borne by the client). In Canada, it's about $50 + mileage for an attempt at service, and $50 for an Affidavit of Service. The Affidavit of Service is a sworn document that proves service was, indeed, effected upon a given individual. In this case, I intend to personally serve Autodlr, even though he lives 220 miles from me. It just so happens I'm headed for a bit of Rn'R at one of our Rocky Mountain hotels, and his hometown happens to be on the way to Lake Louise from where I live.
    Once the court filing is made, the Statement of Claim document is public and can be viewed by anyone. As such, once filed and stamped by the clerk of the court, further details will be published here with an image of the front of our lawsuit if this matter is not resolved to OP's satisfaction within the next 14 days. In Alberta, the front page of a lawsuit at our Provincial Court includes full name and address for service of all parties to the action. I sincerely hope this is not necessary, but if it is, Autodlr brought it on himself.

You get a round on me next time I see you at league night!

Let us know when the POS has been served

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

He badgered this fella constantly. My 'favourite' entry is Derek G telling OP, in EARLY 2020, that he is 'out of work'. Like that matters. Buddy, you were paid for a machine, and didn't ship. Reprehensible conduct.

Oh you are out of work? Now you have plenty of time to ship me my f*cking machine! Total scumbag, total liar, and a thief. He was hoping that you would eventually go away because you were from the States and have no recourse. Just like that douche bag Mike D. and his scam of Mad Amusements.

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

This is an interesting thread to learn how Canada differs from the US. Here in (most) states for a case involving amounts higher than small claims you have to serve someone via a process that involves an indifferent person (basically some form of a process server you mention but it varies by state). So I could never serve something on behalf of my client in my home state. Then again I'm not sure I'd want to be face to face with someone I was suing the exact second they learn they are being sued if I didn't have to. Some people can react very emotionally or physically I am sure.

Said 100x already in the thread but kudos to you for the pro-bono work and showing others how people should not get away with things. Along the way I've seen too many people eat a loss like this because they thought suing was too hard, too expensive, etc. It really isn't. I recommend people consider whether they will be paid (are there assets, does the person work to attach a paycheck etc) but that is usually the main consideration. Letting things go usually results in more victims and it does not stop until someone stands up for themselves and holds the person accountable.

#136 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Right, wrong or indifferent, I've been holding it as leverage. He continuously told me how important feedback is and that he will do whatever it takes to get the machine to me, even if he discounted the price or would waive the final additional payment, to ensure I wouldn't leave bad feedback. He had my money and the machine and I just thought I had no other recourse but to hold the bad feedback over his head. In my mind if I had moved forward with reaching out to the community or dropping the bad feedback, he'd have no further motivation to complete the transaction.
    I under estimated how much help the community here could offer and now wish I did say something earlier.

I don't think it is much leverage anymore. I'd hammer that POS.

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I don't think it is much leverage anymore. I'd hammer that POS.

I'd change the thread title and include his username so he won't have to worry about his precious feedback anymore.

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

I'd change the thread title and include his username so he won't have to worry about his precious feedback anymore.

It doesn't matter...he's probably setting up his next/3rd Pinside account.

#139 3 years ago

AUTODLR has been on Pinside within the last 2 hours or so. Time wise, Pinside is 7 hours ahead of me and it shows AUTODLR has already visited 9/17/2020.

How is getting that machine shipped or a refund going?

#140 3 years ago
    20200916_195156 (resized).jpg20200916_195156 (resized).jpg
    #141 3 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

You give'r Winston. I'll keep my French opinions to myself from now on . Don't want to bring your wrath down on me

QSS

#142 3 years ago

I've read these forums for a few years now but this thread was the one that finally got me to register and donate. Great to know Alberta pinball folks have the kind of stand up people like wtuttle to help keep it honest.

#143 3 years ago

Update: Seller's brother has PM'ed me to discuss arrangements for a refund and 'fair compensation' for the troubles. As Winston mentioned above, I provided a deadline of 10/1/20 for this refund or delivery of the machine.

#144 3 years ago

I wonder if there even a game to sell in the first place? If he did have the game and on hard times wouldn't he have sold it locally for way more then 3k us? I don't remember seeing a decepticon tfle on any of the local buy and sells. Has anyone in Canada bought a tfle decepticon violet in the past 2 years?

#145 3 years ago

You'll never get your refund unless you file. This guy is just like the guy I contracted to build me a topper for my STTNG (Don Semora of The Replica Forge).. excuses and promises over and over.

Don't give this person any more time to run out the clock on your legal options.

#146 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

Update: Seller's brother has PM'ed me to discuss arrangements for a refund and 'fair compensation' for the troubles. As Winston mentioned above, I provided a deadline of 10/1/20 for this refund or delivery of the machine.

There's no discussion to be had, he needs to do a full refund, asap..

#147 3 years ago

An account does not cost money and it is free to browse without an account. He doesn’t have a brother. It’s him. It was always just him and the machine was resold the second you paid the deposit locally.

I would still leave the feedback. Don’t let 50 dollars compromise your standards and potentially have other people get scammed by him.

#148 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

"Brother"

#149 3 years ago

"Oh AUTODLR where art thou?"

#150 3 years ago

Looks like we all have a new attorney if we ever need anything in Canada!! Wow.

There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-for-failed-transaction-amp-money-kept-by-member-on-this-site/page/3?hl=truthdivides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.