Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 333 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 65 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 8.48.47 PM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220912-230607_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230425_Video Player (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-230459_Video Player (resized).jpg
    73 (resized).jpg
    giphy (1).gif
    mouse-spotlight-sml (resized).jpg
    yuup.gif
    s-l400-1 (resized).jpg
    2bdca3c137fb1909eafdaae4124125c0.jpg
    37q6ch (resized).jpg
    20200916_195156 (resized).jpg
    magic_hate_ball (resized).jpg
    output_MCqaSl.gif
    ecc56d375663fe37eac35ccd59b3c9355ebfb2ec.gif
    i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together (resized).jpg

There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 3 years ago

awesome thread. I hope you get your funds back and DO NOT be so hesitant in the future. 2 years is an insane amount of time to wait to speak up.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

awesome thread. I hope you get your funds back and DO NOT be so hesitant in the future. 2 years is an insane amount of time to wait to speak up.

I can't possibly imagine I could wait as long as OP has. I would have gotten this ball rolling after 30 days.
    -Mike

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I can't possibly imagine I could wait as long as OP has. I would have gotten this ball rolling after 30 days.
    -Mike

NO DOUBT

#54 3 years ago

Hasn't responded to my PM and has been online today. Probably won't respond because we know what's up. I would still send him PCs though asking him to do the right thing.

#55 3 years ago

What I find interesting is that on Jan 10th, 2018 shacklersrevenge created a thread about Pinside user DIABLO jerking him around. A bunch of users chime in and share similar experiences. Three people leave negative feedback on DIABLO 's account. (Two of those negative feedbacks are left on Jan 12th + 14th 2018)

5 days later, after two negative feedbacks were left on DIABLO 's account, AUTODLR creates a new account on Pinside and begins to behave exactly like DIABLO did.

I wonder what his next user name will be?

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

What I find interesting is that on Jan 10th, 2018 shacklersrevenge created a thread about Pinside user Diablo jerking him around. A bunch of users chime in and share similar experiences. Three people leave negative feedback on diablo 's account. (Two of those negative feedbacks are left on Jan 12th + 14th 2018)
    5 days later, after two negative feedbacks were left on diablo 's account, autodlr creates a new account on Pinside and begins to behave exactly like Diablo did.
    I wonder what his next user name will be?

robin should check on that. Shill/duplicate accounts are against Pinside's TOS and gets accounts locked if confirmed.

#58 3 years ago

Let’s be realistic. The evidence so far isn’t enough to get out the pitchforks for duplicate accounts. Keep asking questions, keep investigating, withhold judgement until you have good evidence to support your conclusion.

#60 3 years ago

Since he lives in airdrie, it's policed by the RCMP. You can contact them.. he will probably be charged with theft or fraud. Once conviction, the courts will order him to pay restitution. It has happened to me once and I did get my money back. It might take a few months but it's better than nothing. Pm if you need any more info or help

#61 3 years ago

I bought a nugent off him, he went by the name of derek. Got a little run around on the shipping but he got it shipped to me and even put a free bottle in the cab.
    Then when I went to buy $45 in parts off him a few weeks later he gave me them free just pay shipping. Was a really nice guy just took a few months to get him to ship it.

He did ask that I leave him good feedback which I didnt mind as he seemed to ship alot of stuff.

7071ab624607540abdd1ea73a66732cd0408e012.jpeg (resized).jpg7071ab624607540abdd1ea73a66732cd0408e012.jpeg (resized).jpg

#62 3 years ago

I just reread all of our old conversations I forgot he was gonna buy a machine off me and I was going to ship to him.
    This was after I had bought from him.

Took awhile to get a deposit then I said he had 2 months to pay in full and I would ship.
    He kept putting off payment then after 2 months he said he would pay a extra 300 if I gave him another month. After waiting another month I ended up keeping his deposit and sold local. He was ok with me keeping the deposit said work was messing around with his pay.

#63 3 years ago

After more investigating. Look who AUTODLR 's first feedback was from....DIABLO himself!

On Jan 29th, 2018. 14 days after AUTODLR created his account DIABLO gave him feedback.
    That is 19 days after DIABLO got called out by @shacklersrevenge.

Seems like AUTODLR was setting himself up for another Pinside account and wanted to give himself good feedback.

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg
    #64 3 years ago

I bought some plastics from Diablo back in 2017.
    He would only give me good prices if I left him positive feedback for each transaction.
    Here’s the declaration from diablo.
    I blocked the address but can pm it if needed.

804D42F4-15DA-4807-B501-6429983AA6AD (resized).jpeg804D42F4-15DA-4807-B501-6429983AA6AD (resized).jpeg
    #65 3 years ago

Sounds like he racks up positive feedback on small transactions and then rips people off on bigger ones after.

#66 3 years ago

If it's the same guy I mentioned, he has already done time for stealing peoples money from game deposits or payments.

Since he is obviously reading this, stop doing this shit Martin.
    Karma dude.

#67 3 years ago

I just want to again echo that this guy gives Albertans a bad name and I can honestly say we have a really good group here. We don’t accept that guy.

I have done a couple deals over the border and hope to do many more with other American Pinsiders in the future.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Sounds like he racks up positive feedback on small transactions and then rips people off on bigger ones after.

what I was thinking

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

This 100%. It's very unusual for someone new to have soooo many positive feedbacks from sales. Unless they were setting up for a large scam.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

After more investigating. Look who autodlr 's first feedback was from....diablo himself!
    On Jan 29th, 2018. 14 days after autodlr created his account diablo gave him feedback.
    That is 19 days after diablo got called out by shacklersrevenge.
    Seems like autodlr was setting himself up for another Pinside account and wanted to give himself good feedback.
    [quoted image]

“Couldent” he at least take another minute to actually read the fake feedback before posting it?

A truly disgusting thing to do to someone.

#71 3 years ago

Brief nightly update: OP and I have now exchanged two e-mails and I've seen his supporting documentation for this transaction, including a fairly sophisticated contract for purchase/sale that OP must have drafted. I was quite impressed at the level of detail in this document. I've also seen a copy of the bank wire receipt, so AUTODLR was paid in full for the first 50% portion of the machine. The next step was for him to ship, after which a final payment was to be sent. Shipping never happened, so it is clear that OP has been ripped-off and AUTODLR unjustly enriched by way of breach of contract.

The name on the bank wire is "Derek G______". I'll continue to protect his full name for now, but we definitely know where to serve him our lawsuit, if it gets that far. He lives in Calgary/Airdrie, not Cochrane. He ships from a wholesaler in Cochrane.

Would hope he would do the right thing after reading this, but it seems very doubtful the way he responded to HueManatee above.

OP and I are scheduled to connect again on Wednesday, after which we will be in a position to take our first official step in real life against Derek G. Internet for now, real life consequences coming soon!

#72 3 years ago

My God, this is starting to sound like another Kevin Kulek nightmare. Good luck, op!
    P.S. Give 'em hell wtuttle!

#73 3 years ago

This hoser is going down

151A2DAE-C57B-4F53-9399-BD70F0F5E372 (resized).png151A2DAE-C57B-4F53-9399-BD70F0F5E372 (resized).png
    #74 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

After more investigating. Look who autodlr 's first feedback was from....diablo himself!

A few notes from this thread and a former BayWatch thread:
    ImNotNorm has investigation skills greater than Perry Mason
    ImNotNorm has photoshop skills better than Adobe
    Jerkoff Pinside name is now reserved for Derek G

Good luck OP!! You have a village behind you

#75 3 years ago

I thought this was going to be another public argument between seller and buyer...
    but then wtuttle steps in and does Pinside and the buyer a solid by stepping up.
    Honestly makes me smile.
    Good show, gents... good show!

#76 3 years ago

With the amount of times that ‘I’d file a lawsuit’ comes up in threads like this, but that never happens— it’s about time one actually did result in a civil suit. Unfortunately we miss out in the public back / forth Of Pinside drama Btwn OP and accused, and the court of Pinside verdict/ruling.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

This 100%. It's very unusual for someone new to have soooo many positive feedbacks from sales. Unless they were setting up for a large scam.

That’s how con men Work. The con stands for confidence. They build your trust with tiny actions to build confidence, like selling parts at a loss. Then they rip you off with large ticket items worth more then all the others combined.

I would go so far as suggest that he could acquire parts by ripping people off for machines, then he could part them out cheap. Using the cheap parts to build confidence on his next machine. Change Personal information once machine is received and start the process again.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

Brief nightly update: OP and I have now exchanged two e-mails and I've seen his supporting documentation for this transaction, including a fairly sophisticated contract for purchase/sale that OP must have drafted. I was quite impressed at the level of detail in this document. I've also seen a copy of the bank wire receipt, so Autodlr was paid in full for the first 50% portion of the machine. The next step was for him to ship, after which a final payment was to be sent. Shipping never happened, so it is clear that OP has been ripped-off and Autodlr unjustly enriched by way of breach of contract.
    The name on the bank wire is "Derek G______". I'll continue to protect his full name for now, but we definitely know where to serve him our lawsuit, if it gets that far. He lives in Calgary/Airdrie, not Cochrane. He ships from a wholesaler in Cochrane.
    Would hope he would do the right thing after reading this, but it seems very doubtful the way he responded to HueManatee above.
    OP and I are scheduled to connect again on Wednesday, after which we will be in a position to take our first official step in real life against Derek G. Internet for now, real life consequences coming soon!

This looks like wire fraud. I'm not sure how Canadian laws with but I'm America this is a Federal offense. Diablo could be in big trouble.

If this goes to court please have thehuemanatee testify via zoom using the alien with sunglasses avatar

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

He would only give me good prices if I left him positive feedback for each transaction.
    [quoted image]

The parts I received came from that address from AUTODLR...

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

[quoted image]

Here's the one I received for the table legs that were sent to me. Not exactly the same address... but... and the handwriting too...

Declaration Snapshot (resized).jpgDeclaration Snapshot (resized).jpg
    #81 3 years ago

Yeah, thats definitely the same person. The handwriting is spot on. Look at the weird E they use as well as the T in LTD. Pretty easy spots of something 2 different people would not do. The AB in Alberta are also a match. There are others, but those are super easy to find and a dead giveaway.

handwriting (resized).jpghandwriting (resized).jpg
    #82 3 years ago

The hue manatee on the job.

Just the facts sir.

048991ae1562d455fc2b8d1fc2d19ee16a184b8d.jpeg (resized).jpg048991ae1562d455fc2b8d1fc2d19ee16a184b8d.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #83 3 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

[quoted image]

Quoted from jusflyinby:

Here's the one I received for the table legs that were sent to me. Not exactly the same address... but... and the handwriting too...[quoted image]

Quoted from BrewNinja:

Yeah, thats definitely the same person. The handwriting is spot on. Look at the weird E they use as well as the T in LTD. Pretty easy spots of something 2 different people would not do. The AB in Alberta are also a match. There are others, but those are super easy to find and a dead giveaway.[quoted image]

BUSTED!!

#84 3 years ago

i-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together (resized).jpgi-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together (resized).jpg

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

He ships from a wholesaler in Cochrane

Quoted from BrewNinja:

Yeah, thats definitely the same person. The handwriting is spot on.

Is it possible the wholesaler is the one writing the labels out?

#86 3 years ago

The P team is on the case...wait that doesn't sound good.

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

Is it possible the wholesaler is the one writing the labels out?

Could be, but all the pics are usually in a house. That would assume that they aren't shipping/selling from the same wholesaler IMHO unless they are bringing stuff home then taking it back to have it shipped. If we had the address, I guess we could look up whats actually there and see who they are. I tried doing a search for any business that had "nner" in their name on the cochrane business listing website and zero results. Also, nothing that matched equipment or wholesale and would fit for the business.

#88 3 years ago

For the sake of transparency, someone here (name removed at their request) was successful in getting responses to his PM's by the seller's brother who wrote the following:

"Removed because I was just informed sharing a PM is against site rules"

I will continue to remain hopeful but reserve my celebration. I've been fed the same lines from the beginning, a lot of promises that never add up. WTUTTLE has the entire timeline. I'm sorry it had to come to this just to get it moving, but hopefully this pressure from the community will be that final push to get it to a close.

Once again, appreciate everyone's support and your help getting it here.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from Boat:

I just want to again echo that this guy gives Albertans a bad name and I can honestly say we have a really good group here. We don’t accept that guy.
    I have done a couple deals over the border and hope to do many more with other American Pinsiders in the future.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he's from Alberta. If you want to apologize for any Albertan's.... start with Nickleback.

#90 3 years ago

Hope you get this settled justflyinby! Diablo was going to buy a game of mine a few years ago. We exchanged about 30 emails where he told me some lies about getting the funds wired to me. It was so weird how it seemed like he believed his own lies. It made little sense. I actually think that there is something wrong with his thought process and he is not being this way on purpose. Whether he means to do it or not it is not cool and I am glad it looks a little more promising than it did before you created this thread.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from BrewNinja:

Yeah, thats definitely the same person. The handwriting is spot on.

Can you assist finding the Zodiac killer? Damn!!

#92 3 years ago

Autodlr is good ole Diablo? Upset in PM that he is accused of being Diablo, but has nothing to say about being accused of ripping off someone of $2K ???

Um yeah, it's all good, right?

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

For the sake of transparency, someone here (name removed at their request) was successful in getting responses to his PM's by the seller's brother who wrote the following:

Wait, clarify this for me(and anyone else that might be going huh?) A pinsider was able to get PM's from the seller's(AUTODLR) brother? Well, what are the excuses being given?

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from jusflyinby:

I will continue to remain hopeful but reserve my celebration. I've been fed the same lines from the beginning, a lot of promises that never add up. WTUTTLE has the entire timeline. I'm sorry it had to come to this just to get it moving, but hopefully this pressure from the community will be that final push to get it to a close.
    Once again, appreciate everyone's support and your help getting it here.

Keep us posted!

ecc56d375663fe37eac35ccd59b3c9355ebfb2ec.gifecc56d375663fe37eac35ccd59b3c9355ebfb2ec.gif
    #95 3 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Keep us posted!
    [quoted image]

I heard an ad on Spittin' Chiclets that Bud Light Selzer is looking for a meme artist to hire for their brand. Fuckin do it man

#96 3 years ago

Best thread I've read lately. Maybe 2020 still has a little positive to give yet.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Wait, clarify this for me(and anyone else that might be going huh?) A pinsider was able to get PM's from the seller's(AUTODLR) brother? Well, what are the excuses being given?

Sorry it made much more sense when I could actually quote his response. Let me clarify:

A pinside user in this thread contacted AUTODLR thru PM. He was successful in getting a response from AUTODLR, but the person responded stated they were actually the seller's brother that saw this and is responding on Derek's behalf. Keep in mind Derek has told me and others (and as mentioned in this thread) that his brother uses this name along with him. Two messages were sent:

9/13 - The brother stated he helped ship the machine. He states it was undervalued on the customs documentation and was pulled aside into a 'bond' area, where it collected storage fees up to +$1200. They were told to pay the fees or the machine will go to auction. They paid the fees and shipped it to a friend in Ontario who was supposed to drive it to me but that plan fell thru. He acknowledges I have some of the parts so prefers the machine is sent to me. He states his brother is currently "up North" working and will talk to him when he gets back. He states they are very determined to have the machine in my hands and even stated they were considering to call it even when I receive it. He reiterates that their is no ill intent here and that it will get resolved and he will 'pass the message'.

9/14 - The brother passed the word to Derek. Derek told his brother he will be off for three weeks starting Wednesday. He asked that Derek contact me and get the deal completed by shipping the game. He stated he will assist in this matter to resolve the issue with zero balance due as he mentioned before. If this cannot be done in a timely fashion, he suggests the money be refunded back and we shake hands. He points out that several of the pieces are already in my hands (Which I stated several times in these posts). He repeats that no ill intention was meant on the deal and that perhaps too much time passed and things should have been looked after sooner than later. He then tells the pinsider to pass this info to me.

This is honestly the most detailed information I was ever provided. I was told the machine was stopped at the border but for reasons unclear, I knew he wanted to send it to me via a friend but that fell thru... But that said, I must have 100 unanswered messages and false promises of calling me, or emailing me, or getting in touch with me. It was all cryptic and incredibly frustrating as days, then weeks, then month's passing with "No worries, we'll get it figured out!". Then not answering the phone, not returning my voicemails. I can't believe this is what it took to get some info in any sort of reasonable time frame. All I kept asking for was communication...

I also PM'ed AUTODLR a little earlier today once I had these messages, hoping his brother would see the message. I reiterated that I had no intent of creating this situation but to PLEASE contact me so we can just get this resolved.

#98 3 years ago

Dont hold your breath.....

#99 3 years ago

You guys are awesome. If I ever need a private investigator I will just come to pinside.

#100 3 years ago

How good is this! I can see an original Netflix doco in the making here lol.

There are 333 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-for-failed-transaction-amp-money-kept-by-member-on-this-site/page/2?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.