8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Dono
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Done painting the front of my Jumping Jack cabinet. However I put too much spray adhesive on a few of the oil board stencils and it left some soft adhesive behind. Base coat is Krylon lacquer; top stenciled paint is testors enamel.

I used naptha to get most of the adhesive off of the base color, but don't want to get too close to the stenciled color, since naptha is an enamel thinner. Any idea what I could use to get the adhesive off without disturbing the base or topcoat?

#2 8 years ago

Goo Gone, perhaps?

#3 8 years ago

You can try adhesive cleaner or mineral spirits but be quick and gentle because either can take off paint. Less aggressive than naptha though.

#5 8 years ago

Orange oil or Eucalyptus oil

#6 8 years ago

Naphtha turns adhesive white so you can see where it is. Goo gone is magical. I put it on for 15 minutes and then push it off with a plastic razor from pinball restoration.

#7 8 years ago

Thanks for the tips fellas!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-adhesive-removal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.